Old 03-21-2017, 18:39   #1
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

I need guidance

My wife is wanting to enlist change.org to help expose the corruption in Thailand and get rid of the military junta and abolish the monarchy. I advised her against using this organization as well as amnesty international, both of which I consider to be far leftist organizations.

Are there conservative mirror organizations?

How can she get the word out to the broadest audience?

These are tall orders.

I hope this is the appropriate forum to post this.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 18:56   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseTim View Post
My wife is wanting to enlist change.org to help expose the corruption in Thailand and get rid of the military junta and abolish the monarchy. I advised her against using this organization as well as amnesty international, both of which I consider to be far leftist organizations.

Are there conservative mirror organizations?

How can she get the word out to the broadest audience?

These are tall orders.

I hope this is the appropriate forum to post this.
Trying to topple a government from outside the country is generally accomplished with WAR.. One needs a sponsor of biblical proportions..

If you wife is a natural born citizen of Thailand, she could try to develop a guerilla origination and over throw the current crowd, but that has to be accomplished from the inside..

In either case,, Any effort less than 110% committed, with vast amounts of money, boots on the ground, AND external support, eg: the USA or Russian or China... will lead to failure.

Using the MSM or UN or blogs (left or right) is not going to do it..

My $00.00002

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 19:03   #3
tonyz
Area Commander

Go into this with eyes wide open.

Not all countries may be as "understanding" as USA.

For example, see full article and additional links at link below.

Thailand: Anti-Corruption Law Penalties Extended to Foreigners
(Aug. 7, 2015) Amendments to Thailand’s Anti-Corruption Act took effect on July 9, 2015, upon their publication in the Royal Gazette. The amended Act imposes harsher penalties on state officials and extends the maximum penalty, capital punishment, to foreigners found guilty of corruption. (New Anti-Corruption Law in Thailand Extends Death Penalty to Foreigners, GUARDIAN (July 15, 2015, last modified Aug. 3, 2015); text of the Act in Thai (July 9, 2015), ROYAL THAI GOVERNMENT GAZETTE.)

<snip>

http://www.loc.gov/law/foreign-news/...to-foreigners/

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 03-21-2017 at 19:05.
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 19:32   #4
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
And then what?

What type of government does she want to instill? Republic, communist, monarchy dictatorship?

Who will be in charge? You, her?

Who will be in the government once you get it installed? You need to set up a shadow Govt before you begin. at least start one.

What about your funding for weapons, ammo and troops? You didn't think they will just go away did you? Your going to have to kill a lot of folks. In that area the Opium trade and sex trade are good money makers. Sleezy people but you will have to deal with them to some extent to get what you want at least for a while until you can get other funding and kill them off. They wont go away other wise.

After arming all those good folks how are you going to disarm? If you think arming a rebel group is hard wait till you want to disarm them.

She needs to figure all this and more out before she even begins. There are others here more knowledgeable and qualified than me but those are some of the high points. Good luck.
She reports the goal is a Thai federation, they have a monarchy dictatorships.

She reports that there is a leader they have in mind.

Let me be clear, my wife, born in Thailand, is not the genesis of this thought. She asked me to help with using the organizations in the OP and I refused as they are leftists.

There are, I do not know how many, supporters in country.

I advised her to advise them to start gathering up support in country.

I advised against seeking out CIA help as they are probably quite comfortable with what is in power now.

BTW, she reports that the royal family is neck deep in the drug trade.
Old 03-21-2017, 20:28   #5
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I can only suggest as is the COA my wife is taking is to forget about Thailand and look at ways to help any extended family leave the country.

This will be a generational problem and civilians in Thailand are in no way prepared to take on the military there.

Sorry but, that's what has become of Thailand.

Trok dee

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 20:44   #6
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I can only suggest as is the COA my wife is taking is to forget about Thailand and look at ways to help any extended family leave the country.

This will be a generational problem and civilians in Thailand are in no way prepared to take on the military there.

Sorry but, that's what has become of Thailand.

Trok dee
While I agree, what would have happened if the colonists had the same attitude? We had the talk ab bringing over the family. They won't leave and she has great distain for most of her family.

She wants to see her people free, or rather freer than they are now.
Old 03-21-2017, 21:38   #7
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Even IF she did accomplish her goals there is no guarantee it would be less corruption. What we call graft here in that part of the wold they call a business expense. Oh yes as a US citizen injecting yourself into another countries affairs, especially one allied with us can get your serious prison time. If she is not a citizen they can deport her real fast.
True, they have been corrupt well before I got there. The country has deteriorated since I was there in the 90's.
I think her goal is more to shine light upon the royals alleged drug dealing.

She is naturalized.

I advised her that a Whitehouse petition would be a bit more neutral.

Thanks for the warning.

Thank y'all for your help.
Old 03-21-2017, 22:58   #8
mark46th
Quiet Professional

You do realize that Thailand is one of the USA's allies, right? We have been training with the Thai army since the 1960's. We helped them against the communists during the Vietnam War. The Thai government allowed the US unfettered use of Thai air, army and navy facilities. We owe them a huge debt of gratitude for their trust. Do you doubt we wouldn't help them again? My guidance to you is to counsel your wife to stay out of any rebellion in Thailand.

Last edited by mark46th; 03-21-2017 at 23:00.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 23:15   #9
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
You do realize that Thailand is one of the USA's allies, right? We have been training with the Thai army since the 1960's. We helped them against the communists during the Vietnam War. The Thai government allowed the US unfettered use of Thai air, army and navy facilities. We owe them a huge debt of gratitude for their trust. Do you doubt we wouldn't help them again? My guidance to you is to counsel your wife to stay out of any rebellion in Thailand.
A counter point. The dead king gave all the cooperation, his retarded son is now king.

But your point is taken and my wife is advised to not put to much of her support behind this situation.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:55   #10
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

We're not going to discuss fomenting regime change on a US ally. Not even hypothetically.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote