Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-20-2020, 06:33   #271
JGC2
Quiet Professional

Turns out the same bankers who swindle us every chance they get can't be trusted when it comes to precious metals either. Redact bankers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...prise-u-s-says
Old 05-20-2020, 10:37   #272
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
Turns out the same bankers who swindle us every chance they get can't be trusted when it comes to precious metals either. Redact bankers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...prise-u-s-says

I wonder how many elected government officials have investments there.
Many I'd bet.
In fact, I'll bet a financial downturn that caused a congressional "investor" to lose a few bucks is why this case was suddenly busted 'wide open'
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:02   #273
PSM
Area Commander

"Suddenly"? That story is 8 months old.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:15   #274
Box
Quiet Professional

Agreed - "suddenly" is certainly a poor analysis and an even worse choice of words

Better to question how it has been going on under everyone's nose for ten years without anyone ever noticing considering the article said it was going as far back as early 2008 - or maybe its been going on all that time while legislators looked the other way.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:31   #275
PSM
Area Commander

Agreed. There's a new sheriff in town, but he needs more deputies. Maybe even a posse.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 15:17   #276
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Agreed. There's a new sheriff in town, but he needs more deputies. Maybe even a posse.
Perhaps you could take your posse in one direction while the vigilantes get busy over thisaway.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:55   #277
Badger52
Area Commander

And the big city over by the river, La Crosse, cancels Oktoberfest. So an absence of about 200k visitors, and a $15M negative economic impact. I'm sure everyone has probably had some events that are normally taken for granted that are now cancelled. This is a major one to that area and, with the cancellation of the Grand National Tractor Pull, and the Cranberry Festival (several hundred K turistas from around the world) 2020 is a year of exploration of alternatives.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 07-01-2020, 15:13   #278
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
And the big city over by the river, La Crosse, cancels Oktoberfest. So an absence of about 200k visitors, and a $15M negative economic impact. I'm sure everyone has probably had some events that are normally taken for granted that are now cancelled. This is a major one to that area and, with the cancellation of the Grand National Tractor Pull, and the Cranberry Festival (several hundred K turistas from around the world) 2020 is a year of exploration of alternatives.
By all means cancel all the good stuff because of this dreaded pandemic. As long as they remember not to stop any peaceful protest that may erupt in the meantime.
Old 07-27-2020, 17:47   #279
Box
Quiet Professional

I just had a horrible revelation - this change in the economy might be all my fault....

Back February I was cleaning out my garage and I found a dingy old lamp. I blew the dust off it and then rubbed it on my shirt to shine it up some.

While I was shining it up - I was thrown backward by a puff of smoke and a blinding flash of light. When I sat up on the garage floor to catch my breath, I realized there was someone in my garage standing over me.

I was right in the middle of turning around and halfway through saying, "who in the actual fuck do you think you are" when I realized an honest to god magic genie had manifested out of this the old lamp I had been buffing out...

I told the genie that I wanted more spare time to stay at home and enjoy life. Time to just kick back and pour a shot of Jameson in my morning coffee - time to play ball with my dog - spend more time with the family - cook - eat - watch TV - clean my guns...
...all the things that just eluded me in the work-a-day life I have been living for the last 30 years. The genie snapped his fingers and again, a bright flash of light and a puff of smoke.

Next thing I knew, I was teleworking because of the corona pandemic.

Old 09-14-2020, 15:20   #280
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

overreaching, arbitrary and violated citizens' constitutional rights

Well, here we go

Oh no you didn't....

Sorry Wolf

Quote:
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Gov. Tom Wolf's pandemic restrictions that required people to stay at home, placed size limits on gatherings and ordered "non-life-sustaining" businesses to shut down are unconstitutional, a federal judge ruled Monday.

U.S. District Judge William Stickman IV, who was appointed by President Donald Trump, sided with plaintiffs that included hair salons, drive-in movie theaters, a farmer's market vendor, a horse trainer and several Republican officeholders in their lawsuit against Wolf, a Democrat, and his health secretary.

The Wolf administration's pandemic policies have been overreaching, arbitrary and violated citizens' constitutional rights, Stickman wrote in his ruling.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 19:27   #281
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Well, here we go
I'll take "Other than SCOTUS Appointments are Critical" for $1600, Alex.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:02   #282
Box
Quiet Professional

...tell me again how many judges have been appointed during the Trump administration?

Old 09-15-2020, 08:23   #283
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
...tell me again how many judges have been appointed during the Trump administration?
According to PEW Research - 194

The previous administration appointed 312
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fed Judge Appt.jpg (73.3 KB, 13 views)

James Madison
Old 09-15-2020, 09:19   #284
tonyz
Area Commander

^^^ That charts shows me that despite his flaws and foibles Trump needs to be re-elected to another term to match or overtake Obama’s number of appointees. At a minimum, to act as a check and balance to the other major political party. Perhaps, this is sufficient reason for those not viewing Trump as their particular cup of tea to support Trump this time around.

Biden is a mere facade for a growing radical Democrat party...hell bent on more fundamental transformation using street unrest for fomenting instability in an obvious power grab for even more control over our lives...with an even more radical Harris...a mere heartbeat away from the presidency.

ETA: one relevant but very important observation...it appears even to a casual observer that our legal system really is broken.

Not particularly at the street/police officer level...but certainly at the policy level...especially at the county/district attorney/prosecutor and judicial levels.

Observe how this catch and release (never mind the “stand down” policy)...no bail policy appears to be working out. Riot and burn...arrest and release with no bail to riot and burn the next night...

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 09-15-2020 at 09:26.
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 15:01   #285
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Well, here we go

Oh no you didn't....

Sorry Wolf
Today Wolf reaches into the bag of tricks and screams "Orange Man Bad"... followed by "We saved lives".

That overrules the Judge.

In other, and most confusing news...

Quote:
HARRISBURG, Pa. (KDKA) — State lawmakers are considering a bill that would make it a misdemeanor to go maskless in public.

Supporters of Senate Bill 1287 says Pennsylvanians who don’t wear masks are recklessly endangering other people and not following the rules set forth in the state’s emergency order.

Those opposed to the bill say requiring masks infringes on a person’s rights and doesn’t account for people who cannot wear masks or face coverings for medical reasons.

James Madison