Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Old 04-08-2017, 14:47   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Tips for dating Special Forces aka Green Berets

Team Sergeants Special Forces (aka Green Berets) dating Tips.

Ever receive an email that begins like this?

Dear Professionalsoldiers.com:

I wonder if you might be able to provide some guidance for me. My daughter recently began dating a young man who claims that he was US Army Special Forces, that he attained the rank of E7, and that he was wounded in combat.

Professionalsoldiers.com has received dozens, maybe over a hundred of these emails. Some came from females themselves, some from former boyfriends, some from mothers some from brothers, some from fathers all had the same request, my friend/daughter says she's dating a Special Forces Green Beret and plans to marry him, how do I know he's really a green beret?

So many are the emails that we've decided to put together "Tips for dating Green Berets", another public service announcement from Professionalsoldiers.com.

Team Sergeant Tips for dating Green Berets:

Tip # 1. If you met him on the internet and he says he's a "Green Beret" or a "Special Forces" soldier he's not.

Tip #2. If you met him in a bar and he says he is or was a Special Forces soldier or Green Beret, he's not.

Tip #3. If your friend whom you trust with your life says he/she knows a green beret on fakebook, twit, instasnowflake, metube etc and he's the real deal, he's not.

Tip #4. If you are contacted by a Special Forces soldier (aka a green beret) in a foreign country that was left there with no money and lost passport and he wants you to send him money and he'll come see you, he's not.

Tip #5. The shooting instructor or that guy you met on the range that said he's a former Special Forces green beret, he's not.

Same goes for your martial arts instructor, he's not a green beret but pretending to be one makes him more money and sometimes a roll in the sack.

Tip #6. That college/university professor that says he was a former "tactical counterterrorist- green beret" he's not.

Tip #7. Your boyfriend/husband that takes long breaks from you and says: I'm going on a classified Special Forces mission" he's not.

Tip #8. The guy you met in pilates class or the gym that says he was a former green beret/ Special Forces and that all his records are classified, he's not.

Tip # 9. The guy you met in a biker rally with all the "Special Forces" tats and big muscles and told you he was a green beret sniper and he had 47 confirmed kills, he's not.

Tip #10. The guy you met in your apartment swimming pool that told you he was a green beret that just returned from Afghanistan on leave and was staying with his sister, he's not.

See here's the deal, at any given moment there is only a couple thousand "real" green berets on active duty and probably less than twenty thousand that ever were. So unless you're actually searching for them your chances of meeting one by coincidence is slim to none.

That said your chances of meeting a Special Forces/Green Beret fraud is very high and is exacerbated when engaged in a testosterone laden activity or hobby.

Inclosing, just be aware, every time a female dates a Special Forces Green Beret fraud a puppy dies.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:47   #2
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Team Sergeants Special Forces (aka Green Berets) dating Tips.

Ever receive an email that begins like this?

Dear Professionalsoldiers.com:

I wonder if you might be able to provide some guidance for me. My daughter recently began dating a young man who claims that he was US Army Special Forces, that he attained the rank of E7, and that he was wounded in combat.

Professionalsoldiers.com has received dozens, maybe over a hundred of these emails. Some came from females themselves, some from former boyfriends, some from mothers some from brothers, some from fathers all had the same request, my friend/daughter says she's dating a Special Forces Green Beret and plans to marry him, how do I know he's really a green beret?

So many are the emails that we've decided to put together "Tips for dating Green Berets", another public service announcement from Professionalsoldiers.com.

Team Sergeant Tips for dating Green Berets:

In closing, just be aware, every time a female dates a Special Forces Green Beret fraud a puppy dies.
Now that's funny rat there!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:00   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Now that's funny rat there!
It is real...... very real. And the "wounded" Green Beret turned out to be a E-4 "vehicle mechanic", never wounded.

If I listed all the email headers it would fill a thread. They are real and have little resources to find out the truth.

Too bad it doesn't pay, or I'd be rich by now.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:45   #4
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Meeting an Active Duty or Retired Green Beret !!!

Best Time & Place to meet retired Green Berets. June 12 to June 18th 2017 at The Doubletree Inn , 1965 Cedar Creek Road, Fayetteville,N C. 28312. Most of the GB's there will be Senior's & most likely married, However you can take your chances.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:49   #5
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
It is real...... very real. And the "wounded" Green Beret turned out to be a E-4 "vehicle mechanic", never wounded.

If I listed all the email headers it would fill a thread. They are real and have little resources to find out the truth.

Too bad it doesn't pay, or I'd be rich by now.
I'd like to publish (w/permission) to FB??

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:00   #6
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Best opportunity to meet and talk to AD Green Beret's

Your best opportunity to meet and talk to a Green Beret active duty soldier will be on Friday June 16,2017 at "Paradise Acres" You will need to purchase a ticket to the SFA Picnic; $30 NLT noon 06/16/2017. The $30 ticket also provides a round trip bus ride to Paradise Acres.....Good Luck...Also, it will be real easy to spot the AD Green Beret's..Tom Kelly D7925L
Old 04-10-2017, 16:31   #7
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
Your best opportunity to meet and talk to a Green Beret active duty soldier will be on Friday June 16,2017 at "Paradise Acres" You will need to purchase a ticket to the SFA Picnic; $30 NLT noon 06/16/2017. The $30 ticket also provides a round trip bus ride to Paradise Acres.....Good Luck...Also, it will be real easy to spot the AD Green Beret's..Tom Kelly D7925L
Paradise Acres? Sounds like a cemetery....
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 17:04   #8
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

If he rides a sportster in skinny jeans and an OPSCORE helmet, he's not SF. Even if he does have a beard.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 17:30   #9
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

As a positive example, when I met my wife, I was on my way to Afghanistan and our bird broke down in Germany. Teammate and I found some grub and beers at the MWR on Ramstein and was invited to sit with some folks. We were in uniform, patrol caps, rank but no other patches. My (now) wife asked me what I did and I only replied, "I'm sort of a medic." Never said a word about SF.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:44   #10
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
As a positive example,.......... My (now) wife asked me what I did and I only replied, "I'm sort of a medic." Never said a word about SF.
Love that response!

I'm steeling that one for future reference.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:06   #11
UWOA (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Location: You can't get here from there; you have to go someplace else first.
The only time I considered classified ....

When I was in diapers after childbirth ... god was I messy!

Don't know where I'm goin', but there's no use in bein' late.
I've never been lost. I've been a mite confused at times, but never lost.
I'm not lost! I know where I am; I just don't know where everybody else is.
UWOA (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 16:47   #12
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Love that response!

I'm steeling that one for future reference.
Nothing I ever quote is copyrighted! Have fun with it!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote