Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 01-04-2011, 07:44   #61
CSM-H
Quiet Professional

Mott Lake SOT

Didn't read the whole thread..... already responded to this, now that is CRS......Toby, the Jack you spoke of was Jack Pope....killed a guy on New Years eve and got away with it... never quit figured that one out. Had a habit of putting a red dot on you at night while working the "hallway and windows" CSM-H

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTobyt View Post
Top-

I believe the team from CoA/1/5 was ODA-513, could be wrong tho. Paul Poole was the TS, Ben Butler, Gene Whitley, Jack (CRS last name, but doubled as the armorer at SOT-D), acuppola others.

There was also a 7th Gp team, as well. Ratman was on that team, and he and I worked Stress Reaction.

Geez, I suddenly feel old!!!!!

Toby

Last edited by CSM-H; 01-04-2011 at 07:51.
CSM-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:04   #62
Richard
Quiet Professional

Never saw it before I left Group for OCS in Dec 78 - it was out there at The Lake when I reported into 1-7th as a 2LT in Sep 79 and I went out there to see a few old friends (Paul Poole, Don Ringley, Gilbert Woods).

Earnie - Ratman was in A/1-7th (MAJ Gray/CPT Logan) during the time you were on 725 and then left for 3-7th about the time I left for IOAC.

As far as the 'Hooah' goes - what BS - and contrary to our concept of Quiet, Confident, Capable. I can only assume it leeched in from the Ranger Batts when the SFQC cadre failed to properly adjust the head-space and timing of all the mid-grade Rangers seeking to move to SF around that time.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:06   #63
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Never saw it before I left Group for OCS in Dec 78 - it was out there at The Lake when I reported into 1-7th as a 2LT in Sep 79 and I went out there to see a few old friends (Paul Poole, Don Ringley, Gilbert Woods).

Earnie - Ratman was in A/1-7th (MAJ Gray/CPT Logan) during the time you were on 725 and then left for 3-7th about the time I left for IOAC.

As far as the 'Hooah' goes - what BS - and contrary to our concept of Quiet, Confident, Capable. I can only assume it leeched in from the Ranger Batts when the SFQC cadre failed to properly adjust the head-space and timing of all the mid-grade Rangers seeking to move to SF around that time.

Richard
Richard - You are correct, it is due to Ranger Bat influence. We used to make fun of it as it sounds like a fat SGM out of breath after a dam run. I retired in 90 and NO ONE said that crap in Group up to when I retired. Even now most make fun of it.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18   #64
Bennett
Quiet Professional

Nous Defions

My Special Forces Advanced Reconnaissance, Target Analysis and Exploitation Techniques Course was the last to use Mott Lake training area. Once I got to C/1/10 CIF, it was used always. We have the pins and t-shirts in our SFA QM here in the Springs. And yes I have it incorporated in one of my tats. It does represent SF in so many ways and tends to piss off those who don't challenge or defy.
De Oppresso Liber
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]
Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 18:36   #65
Habu-MFFI 175
Quiet Professional

Herman Ballard was another one that was on the team with Paul Poole. I remember several of those guys.

In the early 80's 1/7 and 2/7 both sent a team to work at Mott Lake. During that time frame we dug out old tires and stuff from around the civilian neighborhoods and build "Michelin City". Everything was geared on and around the "S&K" Range...(Stevens & Kramer).

After a couple of months the powers to be figured they would only leave 1 team from the 7th and that was the team from 1/7.

Those were the good old days...
Old 01-06-2011, 18:40   #66
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Those were the good old days...
Before SOT, Mott Lake was the isolation facility for pre-mission prep for 7th SFGA teams traveling hither and yon - did a couple of short stints out there then.

We could practice water ops, had ranges close by, plenty of space for practicing team SOPs and could always get a UH1/CH47 or C7A and practice our Abn SOPs on St Mere. Those were some good days...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 15:52   #67
Cazador 01
Quiet Professional

Nous Defions Mola

Nous Defions Mola.jpg

R.E. Lee

De Oppresso Liber
Cazador 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:53   #68
smithchang
BANNED USER

bushnell rangefinder

Please review the board rules, post an introduction, and fill out your profile before posting again.

Do not post product links without Mod / Admin approval.

TR
smithchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 13:13   #69
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
smithchang This is not an acceptable start.

When you asked to join this site, you were sent an email tasking you to
1)post an introduction
2)fill in your profile

Do not post again until you have completed the tasks assigned.

Also,, I would caution you to read the site rules. Your link is a product advertisement and has nothing to do with the thread topic.

https://www.professionalsoldiers.com...ead.php?t=3452

Consider yourself warned.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 18:49   #70
Joker
Quiet Professional

TR and JJ_BPK are nice. If I saw it first, I would bounce someone.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:20   #71
smithchang
BANNED USER

You are discussing awesomely specially i like the reply of "Richard". Welldone mate
smithchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:50   #72
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithchang View Post
You are discussing awesomely specially i like the reply of "Richard". Welldone mate
Dude, you are quickly living up to the term Nous Défions?

Fill out your profile and introduce yourself or you will find the moderators will challenge your daring defiance with a quick boot.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:23   #73
Pete
Quiet Professional

Just giving the other mods a shot at him. IIRC I got the last one.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:41   #74
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

FTFSI.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 21:02   #75
Joker
Quiet Professional

Good riddance.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote