Old 05-01-2017, 20:08   #76
Snappy
Asset

wow.. way to set an example. thanks anyways.
Old 05-01-2017, 20:58   #77
Joker
Quiet Professional

I'll bet a $100 that he doesn't make it in either course (SFQC or BUDS).
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:35   #78
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I'll bet a $100 that he doesn't make it in either course (SFQC or BUDS).
Didn't you mean ASVAB??

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 19:02   #79
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Just read his profile.

SJW that plays too many first person shooters.

I think that SF and SEALS are what he wants, but PEACE CORPS is probably more to his capability.

BTW, Snappy, I hear the PEACE CORPS shoots more than SEALS do, look into it. Definitely better than SF, I just couldn't hack it there, with having to do push-ups and all.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:01   #80
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
wow.. way to set an example. thanks anyways.
Snappy - Now that you've made yourself into a chew toy, I'll take pity on you (for as long as it takes me to type this post). Whatever your expectations are WRT the SFQC - they're wrong. Or at least "underinformed". Rest assured that IF you make it to the SFQC, you will be receiving the best training available to prepare you to be an entry level member of an SFODA. When an SF Soldier shows up at his first team, he is expected to have working knowledge (expertise comes after years of experience) of an incredible variety of skills. The SFQC has finite resources to impart those skills. That means everything is prioritized. Marksmanship is a VERY low priority. It's highly perishable, a PITA to schedule and conduct in a schoolhouse environment (unless you're in one of the "shooting" schools - then it's just expensive), and (did I mention?) highly perishable. IOW - it's not worth the effort to put it in the Schoolhouse when it'll all have to be retaught (and then sustained) at the unit. Trust me when I tell you that everyone preparing to deploy spends enough time shooting to convince their CofC that they are safe, effective, and can accomplish their mission down range.

As for SEALS - There's a reason they spend so much time shooting in their "pipeline". There's also a reason SF's "pipeline" is TWO YEARS long (and prioritizes skills other than shooting). The respective schoolhouses produce vastly differing products. If you don't appreciate the difference, you might want to focus your efforts somewhere besides SF; otherwise you will find yourself as disgruntled (and clueless) as the individual who's comments started this thread.

NOW - read more and post less.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:18   #81
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Wow, I am sorry I started reading this thread again! Well, at least until I read your post Peregrino. Way, to pull this one out of the shit can!

Snappy, read and reread what Peregrino said until you comprehend his meaning. If you can't, don't or won't then save yourself a ton of butt hurt and don't enter the Q. We all will thank you for not wasting a slot.

Oh, and Snappy, it's anyway not "anyways".

Last edited by Trapper John; 05-03-2017 at 09:21.
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 15:31   #82
Snappy
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Snappy - Now that you've made yourself into a chew toy, I'll take pity on you (for as long as it takes me to type this post). Whatever your expectations are WRT the SFQC - they're wrong. Or at least "underinformed". Rest assured that IF you make it to the SFQC, you will be receiving the best training available to prepare you to be an entry level member of an SFODA. When an SF Soldier shows up at his first team, he is expected to have working knowledge (expertise comes after years of experience) of an incredible variety of skills. The SFQC has finite resources to impart those skills. That means everything is prioritized. Marksmanship is a VERY low priority. It's highly perishable, a PITA to schedule and conduct in a schoolhouse environment (unless you're in one of the "shooting" schools - then it's just expensive), and (did I mention?) highly perishable. IOW - it's not worth the effort to put it in the Schoolhouse when it'll all have to be retaught (and then sustained) at the unit. Trust me when I tell you that everyone preparing to deploy spends enough time shooting to convince their CofC that they are safe, effective, and can accomplish their mission down range.

As for SEALS - There's a reason they spend so much time shooting in their "pipeline". There's also a reason SF's "pipeline" is TWO YEARS long (and prioritizes skills other than shooting). The respective schoolhouses produce vastly differing products. If you don't appreciate the difference, you might want to focus your efforts somewhere besides SF; otherwise you will find yourself as disgruntled (and clueless) as the individual who's comments started this thread.

NOW - read more and post less.
awesome! I never doubted the level of training the Q course will provide, I was just confused on why shooting wasn't a prime focus. But now I understand and appreciate the reason. I know SF has some of the best shooters in the world and I was curious as to when those skills are taught and developed. Honing in on my shooting skills within a team is something I look forward to. thank you for taking the time to clear that up for me.

read more, and post less.. copy that.