Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18E

Old 10-31-2005, 04:02   #1
bubba
Quiet Professional

"Little" Sat antenna?

Any one know the nomeclature for the "Little" Sat antenna that the AF SOC guys are using. We have the AV-2055 (aka the fosters beer can), but are lookin for something a little smaller for vehicle bug out bags. Thanx in advence, Paul
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:44   #2
VelociMorte
Guerrilla

http://www.abp.com/SATCOM_Antennas.shtml

second one down...
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill
VelociMorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 23:15   #3
bubba
Quiet Professional

Thanx, but that is the AV 2055. The one I am looking for kinda telescopes out and doesn't have entenuators (sp). It is small enough that it will fit in a 2mag pouch. Thanx Paul
Old 11-02-2005, 23:19   #4
bubba
Quiet Professional

Found it, it is called the DM-C125 and is made by EDO Antenna Producs and Technologies, and will cost your local S-4 about $5700 ea.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:24   #5
VelociMorte
Guerrilla

You might want to check out this one too:

http://www.robins.ball.com/pdf/tactical_uhf.pdf
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill
VelociMorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:03   #6
Davec43
Asset

smaller?

Ran into an 18A from 7th group in Afghanistan that had a smaller satcom antenna then the AV-2055. Looked at the above links but either to pricey or to big, any one have anymore links or NSN's?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:45   #7
mff87
Quiet Professional

Satcom Antenna

THer are two currently being used out there the DMC-125, or there is another one made buy RF concepts that is a miny collapsible X-wing ant. with interchangeable handle, spike for ground ops or mag mount. Made by RF Concepts out of Virginia Beach, cost about $5000. www.openfos.com

Rob
mff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 13:41   #8
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Question

From GSA Website

Product: PORTABLE UHF SATCOM ANTENNA SYSTEM
NSN/Mfr Part #: BH-AV2125
Vendor Part #: BH-AV2125
Mfr: TRIVEC AVANT
Desc: The AV 2125 is the smallest and lightest foldable UHF SATCOM antenna. This manpack antenna is designed for special missions where portability, the option of hand held operation, and high gain are required.

Disaster Recovery Purchasing items

Contractor:
BLACKHEART INTERNATIONAL
PO BOX 9,
PHILIPPI, WV 26416
http://www.bhigear.com
Phone: 304-457-1280
GS-07F-9416S
- Small Business
- Service disabled veteran owned small business
Contract end date: Mar 31, 2011

Frequency: #######
VSWR: 1.5:1
Polarization: Right Hand Circular
Gain: +5 dBi, +7 dBi w/director
Power Handling: 100 Watts CW
Weight: 1.0 lb, 1.5 lb in bag
Connector: BNC Female
Finish: Black Anodize
Deployment Time: < 30 sec
Temperature Operating: -25 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit
Storage: -54 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BH-AV2125a Mini Sat.jpg (64.4 KB, 150 views)

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:23   #9
brushingham.d
Asset

sat ant

goto TSE web site www.tserecon.com they have them there and they are also on the GSA site, they cost a pretty penny and some are not worth the price because of durability
brushingham.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:25   #10
csb21jb
Asset

SAT ANTS

The most trustworthy sat ant i found, is the 2055 due to its durability. Is it the smallest and lightes no, but the one air force guys usually use, dm-c125, is way to flexible and once you get your rig on it can snap like a twig, 2055 cant snap unless its out of the case and set up. Plus the 125 is too expensive and, without getting classified, not so good with army sats, that are in one of the aos. One sat is alot closer, hince better comms. with all this said, radios being used plays a big role, i only role with 148, 152.. 117 too heavy but with that juice it doesnt matter which ant you have.
csb21jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:36   #11
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

csb:

Your next post needs to be in the Introductions Thread as indicated in the email you received upon registering for PS.com. Please read all the stickies as well.

Welcome to PS.com

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 18:11   #12
lrd
Area Commander

Quote:
goto TSE web site www.tserecon.com they have them there and they are also on the GSA site, they cost a pretty penny and some are not worth the price because of durability
d-

I sent you a PM.

lrd
lrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:06   #13
69harley
Guerrilla

RF Concepts Handheld Antenna

Edited.

Last edited by The Reaper; 06-17-2008 at 10:18. Reason: Read the rules and comply. You are deficient. TR
69harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 14:29   #14
bubba
Quiet Professional

We got some in and they are exactly what the doctor ordered. They are for emergency and special usage only as they are extreamly delicate when extended. How ever for carrying around on a belt kit, they are very well suited. They are expensive, but SGLI paying 400k is way more. Not to mention I really like the people I work with.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
Old 07-15-2008, 05:39   #15
Electron
Guerrilla

Miniature Folding SAT Antenna

I believe you are looking for the AV-2125-series antennas made by Trivec Avant Antenna Systems at http://www.trivec.com. Why waste thousands of dollars when you can make a high gain expedient antenna that would get better gain, weigh less and take up less room? I have another post in the 18E pipeline that covers this.

Last edited by Electron; 07-15-2008 at 05:43.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote