Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18E

Old 04-27-2007, 05:16   #16
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

First...The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. You need to start walkin first.

Second...If you begin to think that a Special Forces Soldier is so one-dimensional that if there isn't a civilian version of 18E you won't find work, you need to reevaluate.

Third...As a retired 18E I can tell you that there is a ton of work out here either in emergency planning, contingency communications, field communications support, spectrum management etc...etc....etc.. You provide your own limitations.

Train hard , maybe you will eventually find out what it is like to BE an SF soldier.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 17:37   #17
LongWire
Quiet Professional

I Approve of the answers within this thread!!!!!

Work Hard!!!!!!!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 20:05   #18
mustang
Asset

Re: 18E

Try humping an angrc-109.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:46   #19
Brainburn
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang
Try humping an angrc-109.
HAHA.. No kidding.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10   #20
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF18C
Sorry, Max I gotta drop my 02 cents

After 18E or even while you are still an 18E you come work with me as one of DoD's Finest Communicators! I still have 3X 18E slots open. Also I still need a 25B E-7and a 25W E-7. I am hoping to get a few more GS slots too.

PM me for an app. Or hit http://www.bragg.army.mil/JCU-recruiting/

This might be a far jump for for him. He started the thread stating he is getting ready for BCT and his goal is 18E. Then he asked what is there after 18E.

Yosi
Focus on the 25meter Tgt like Max Tab said. When you get into SF and are on a team you can look at additional training and future assignments. Worry about time after 18E time when you have years under your belt and all shall come.

The key is BCT, SFAS, Q Course, Team time (Step By Step) The next thing you know will have Grey Hair and getting ready to Retire.

Good Luck and Stay focused.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 13:02   #21
abu thor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT
This might be a far jump for for him. He started the thread stating he is getting ready for BCT and his goal is 18E. Then he asked what is there after 18E.

Yosi
Focus on the 25meter Tgt like Max Tab said. When you get into SF and are on a team you can look at additional training and future assignments. Worry about time after 18E time when you have years under your belt and all shall come.

The key is BCT, SFAS, Q Course, Team time (Step By Step) The next thing you know will have Grey Hair and getting ready to Retire.

Good Luck and Stay focused.
I must agree with all the QP's above. Im an 18E with 8 months team time, 5 months in the desert with my team....and am still just a cherry trying to learn my job to the fullest. Looking far down the road is good...until you get hit by the car right next to you.
abu thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 22:02   #22
7624U
Quiet Professional

So this is your first time on a ODA ?
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:59   #23
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U
So this is your first time on a ODA ?
Abu Thor - Come on answer the question from 7624U
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:14   #24
Brainburn
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT
Abu Thor - Come on answer the question from 7624U
We are waiting..
Old 07-18-2007, 12:04   #25
SF18C
Quiet Professional

Com Check...calling Abu Thor over
"De Oppresso Liber"

Nomination for PS.com Quote of the Decade!
SF18C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 13:10   #26
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Abu Thor might be using the XO's 'lounge chair' to recharge his batteries, that takes about 3 hrs, or maybe he cut the antenna too short....

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 21:54   #27
Para
Quiet Professional

First ODA, first deployment....startin' to sound like a few cases of beer to me and the fridge is empty.
We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air with all our might and all our strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I answer in one word: Victory Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Winston Churchill
Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:55   #28
abu thor
Quiet Professional

Yes, this is my first deployment with an A team. I am a cherry in this community, and have no wories, i know that i am. I did have a fun 15 months in OIF 1&2 as a standard grunt, and working with some 10th and 5th guys out of camp Kilo solidified my decision to try and become a QP. As an operator, i'm a newbie without a doubt. I would have responded sooner, but i was busy with some other things. I think you can all understand. Luckily, i found myself on a good team with a broad range of knowledge. I feel blessed.
One of the reason i found and joined this site was to pick the brains of those who are much more knowlegable than myself. I hope that i have never come across as pretending to be more than i am. I am here for advice and qriticism, anything that can help me become a more productive member of my team. If i am stepping on my second head, or dissapointing any long standing QP, please let me know.

"A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.”
Gian Carlo Menotti
abu thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 14:12   #29
7624U
Quiet Professional

No problems here just wanted to welcome you with a nice.
YOU NOW ARE BUYING BEER !!!!!!

P.S you never say this is your first time for anything !!!!
or not have your coin with you in 10th group.
you shall learn young padawan.

Last edited by 7624U; 07-19-2007 at 14:15.
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 14:24   #30
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U
No problems here just wanted to welcome you with a nice.
YOU NOW ARE BUYING BEER !!!!!!

P.S you never say this is your first time for anything !!!!
or not have your coin with you in 10th group.
you shall learn young padawan.

762-
He's NOT carrying his COIN? Sacrilege!!! I still carry mine, even as old and scuffed and worn as it is! 10th SFG(A) was the First COIN, IIRC.

(abu Thor) Grasshopper,
A thin skin is a detriment, were you to be ignored - then worry, having a pile of 'stuff' dumped on you by other QPs means.... Drink from the Firehose.
I bet you are asking yourself right now, what if I had taken the blue pill.....

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote