Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18E

Old 03-25-2008, 08:19   #31
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Col Jack
I have been cleaning out some boxes and have found many old ref material that I did not pass on and have been collecting up the ones I want to scan for Posterity and use. Some have seen their better days a long time ago but are still useful. Hope you have time to prepare some ref material and let us know what is there.

3 weeks ago I had a young 18E having problems with his commo equipment and I pulled out an old antenna bag and we spent over 4 hrs setting up different antennas that he had never seen. It is amazing what you remember when you get back into things. The guy has been asking for more time to pick my brain and I keep telling him that there is not much to pick from.

This might be a good way to kick-start some of those old brain cells.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 16:25   #32
lrd
Area Commander

Thanks, guys. I appreciate all of the recommendations - here and in PM.

I've learned just enough to be dangerous, and need to get to the point where I'm edging into useful.

lrd
lrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:04   #33
waiver-1
Asset

Hey,
Im just getting into this site, but i may have some insight on any comm questions you have. Not sure what you are looking for exactly, but im quite good at theories and making this crap work. Ive been an rto for 3 years, so if you have any specific questions, let me know.
joe
waiver-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:28   #34
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiver-1 View Post
Hey,
making this crap work. Ive been an rto for 3 years,joe
You can start by cleaning up your vocabulary unless of course this is some kind of acronym for Communiations, Radios, Antennas and Power Sources.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:24   #35
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

I put the young lady in contact with a forum member who has more than 3 years experience. ;-)

BMT
Old 05-03-2008, 13:23   #36
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiver-1 View Post
Hey,
Im just getting into this site, but i may have some insight on any comm questions you have. Not sure what you are looking for exactly, but im quite good at theories and making this crap work. Ive been an rto for 3 years, so if you have any specific questions, let me know.
joe

Joe:

Very kind of you to offer, especially as a new member.

Speaking of which, in case you missed it, there are quite a few SF Communications Sergeants on this site who are verified QPs. They were building radios out of scrap metal and hammering out 15/15 GPM while dogdging bullets and returning fire with the other hand before your parents thought about having you. Many of them are still active HAM radio operators.

If you think about it, most people learn more with their mouths closed than open, so you might consider digging through old threads looking for advice you can use, rather than assuming that you are an expert based on three years as an AF radio operator.

Just some advice from an old SF guy.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote