Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18E

Old 08-16-2004, 15:33   #1
JGarcia
Guerrilla

An/prc 126

Mind if I try and stir up some conversation?

I don't imagine too many of you ever use the AN/PRC126, but its still in use by Light Infantry in the NG. Here are a couple of things I stubled across while using that radio.

If you are carrying the 126 as well as the Plugger on your gear, if the plugger is on continuous, you will get interference from it coming across the speaker on your hand mic.

What I did was to give the Plugger to my B team leader, and have him carry it. Many a squad leader will swear that their 126 is broke 'cause of the constant interference they hear over the mic, and nothing seems to stop it, changing the antenna, battery, and hand mic. So they fill out the 5988 and say adios mutha fokker.

There are also lotsa guys that don' even bother carrying the plugger because they bought the civilian GPS's instead, I don't know if the civilian models will cause the same problem 'cause I used the plugger.

The Plugger is not very user friendly, but once you break out the manual and run through all the practice pages a few times ( read a couple of days training) it works fairly decent.

Any one want to interject anything with regard to the plugger?
Old 08-17-2004, 11:17   #2
Razor
Quiet Professional

If you're interested, PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a 25-page "PLGR Made Simple" document from the PM GPS office. It focuses on the features most used by soldiers, and gives simple, step-by-step instructions.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote