Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-28-2004, 06:27   #1
Blackjack78
Asset

KEDENBURG, JOHN J Sp5c, 5th Grp, MOH Recipient

Gentlemen,

If I may. One of the times I go to Pinelawn National Cemetary,to visit the gravesites of my father,a 2x Combat Wounded amputee,WW2 Army medic,my siblings and my cousin,L/CPL USMC,kia April 14,1968 Kah San is this time of year, Memorial Day.

Yesterday , I made my visit to Pinelawn. Resting a few headstones away from my cousin is the final resting place of John J. Kedenburg Sp5c,5th Grp,CCN,FOB 2 kia June 13,1968 Medal of Honor Recipient. I thought you men would like to know that Johns' site is well maintained,squared away and rests in a peaceful area in the shade of a tree. I can assure you that over the years, on my holiday visits to Pinelawn, this fellow Brooklynite receives special attention and will continue to do so.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim

Last edited by Blackjack78; 05-28-2004 at 15:58.
Blackjack78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:34   #2
Sigi
BANNED USER

Thumbs up

Awesome Blackjack. Good on you.
Sigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 06:38   #3
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Thanks, Blackjack. Nice.

Terry
Old 05-28-2004, 07:43   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Blackjack:

Thank you for looking after our comrade, and your family.

RIP.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 16:27   #5
Blackjack78
Asset

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
Blackjack:

Thank you for looking after our comrade, and your family.

RIP.

TR
Your are quite welcome. It is no big deal. Once in awhile I police an area. The thanks go to men like yourself, those who have been, are, or are willing to serve at the tip of the spear. We do afterall, in these times, have to look after each other. So thank you to all of you, I appreciate your sacrifice and the outstanding job you men perform.
Blackjack78 is offline   Reply With Quote