Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 03-23-2004, 15:10   #1
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Oakley Boots

Okay, Since Oakleys have been recommended for an urban enviroment, and since I live and work in at least a semi urban enviroment, I may need these boots. That being said, I do not know what one should pay for these boots, nor do I know the best place to find them. I understand that to a lowly civilian such as myself, nice, cutting edge gear is NEVER cheap. However, I would like to get the best deal possible. So, who has them for the best price?

And no, Cheaper than Dirt doesn't sell them.
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 15:14   #2
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

What you should do is get CTD to set up as an Oakley dealer and set up a group buy on here. Our hook I got mine from is no longer available.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 15:22   #3
Air.177
Quiet Professional

NDD, I'll see what I can do.
Old 03-23-2004, 15:25   #4
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Good, I need some new shades.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-23-2004, 15:30   #5
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Yeah, it's bad form to let your avatar have newer gear than you do
Old 03-26-2004, 04:43   #6
Guy
Quiet Professional

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
You still wear shades?

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:33   #7
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Of course, that way people can't see me squint when I try to read. LOL
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-26-2004, 22:09   #8
Guy
Quiet Professional

lmao...I can see to read. It's the far away things I have problems with.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 22:11   #9
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Those boots are the rage now. Are you going to fast rope with them? If not maybe think about another boot if you're trying to save money.
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 23:38   #10
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I like 'em better than my PF Flyers
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-27-2004, 10:48   #11
Air.177
Quiet Professional

18C3V-No fast roping at this time unless they pick up a surplus blackhawk and pilot here at the Dirt. I tried on the SI boots on Thursday, and they were very comfortable. More so than other boots that I have found. As for price, I have a tendancy to keep shoes in general and boots in particular for long periods of time, so if I get 5-6-8-10 years out of a $200 pair of boots, I come out better than If I had to buy a new $75-$90 dollar pair every 2-3 years. Just my .02, and thank you for your input.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:53   #12
rakkasan187
Asset

Quote:
Originally posted by Air.177
18C3V-No fast roping at this time unless they pick up a surplus blackhawk and pilot here at the Dirt. I tried on the SI boots on Thursday, and they were very comfortable. More so than other boots that I have found. As for price, I have a tendancy to keep shoes in general and boots in particular for long periods of time, so if I get 5-6-8-10 years out of a $200 pair of boots, I come out better than If I had to buy a new $75-$90 dollar pair every 2-3 years. Just my .02, and thank you for your input.
Air...

If you are expecting to get long term use out of the Oakleys don't...because you won't. Don't get me wrong they are sweet but not worth 225.00. I recently got a pair and absolutely love them but mine are paid for from work. These things are like beefed up running shoes basically. I will be happy if I get 8-12 months out them from daily wear...

take care...

rak
88-91
rakkasan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:25   #13
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Oakley Boots

Damn boots @ $225.00 a pair!! HTF did we make it with $18.95 Cochrans and cheaper jungle boots!

BMT

SR FOG
Old 04-08-2004, 12:27   #14
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Re: Oakley Boots

Quote:
Originally posted by BMT
Damn boots @ $225.00 a pair!! HTF did we make it with $18.95 Cochrans and cheaper jungle boots!

BMT

SR FOG
He's talking about dollars BMT, not wampum.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-08-2004, 12:56   #15
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Got my tax return and found a $180 pair of tan Oakleys on the same day. Just picked them up from the post office. Thanks for the info everyone.