Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-05-2015, 20:31   #16
LarryW
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
It is not only predictable it is an issue that most reasonable people get, we don't need mathematicians/game theorist giving us the % of probability given current trends and past records. If we open borders illegals will move in as they do now even with rule of law only far worse and they would use our resources until they are gone and move on to the next country. Think of locusts destroying a crop. Understanding social dynamics, law, resource management, central banking, tax implications, national protection, global economics, etc.....helps in understanding why it just can't happen without dire consequences. Ethnicity doesn't matter people that we accept into our country must share some common values and be value added productive citizens not leaches.
Name the Departments of the Government that work for the Congress. There are none. They all work for BHO and his cocaine connections.

All the laws about immigration or anything else don't mean squat if they aren't enforced, and this pinheaded shitwad we have is only interested in enforcing Executive Orders as long as they provide smoke screens for Hillary emails, Bergdahl, Benghazi, Rahm Emanuel, or for other sticky sticks he doesn't want to touch anymore.

Personally I wonder how much time we have left. I'm an optimist...
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 20:48   #17
Sigaba
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
... provide smoke screens for [Mrs. Clinton's] emails....
I suspect that the latest scandal IRT Mrs. Clinton is being driven by the White House itself. I think the current president is sandbagging Mrs. Clinton. I find it hard to believe that no one noticed the domain name on messages from her when she was SoS. I suspect that someone did and was told to STFU with a friendly wink.

IRT the premise that America is over, I think that we're going to be okay. The nation has been through much worse many times. Cooler heads took a step back from the abyss and got the nation back on track. At its best, this BB is part of that process.

My $0.02.
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 21:07   #18
Requiem
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
We are a country of law which is not complicated it is simple gain citizenship through legal means period.
By legal means and loopholes.

It's not a new trend - the Mexicans have been doing it for years - but I was astounded to discover how prevalent Birth Tourism is. Come on over for a holiday, have your kid on U.S. soil, and go home to await the day when your kid is your ticket to the U.S.

IMO, if your kid is born here and neither parent are here legally, it is NOT a U.S. citizen.

S.
Old 03-05-2015, 21:33   #19
Penn
Area Commander

TS
Quote:
My point is that according to the census both blacks and whites will be a minority very soon. Minority to illegal's that will soon take over.
I believe there is an alternative future, one in which the values of our Judeo-Christian roots/heritage surge and one that will surely counter the perceived decline you speak of. The result of which is giving citizenship to 15-20 million Latinos/Spanish who have come here for a better life and who happen to be 95+% Catholic. They believe in God, attend church regularly, possess strong family values, and exhibit a strong work ethic. (Conservative Values)

I have witnessed one of the hardest depressing ghetto's in America slowly turning, Trenton, NJ., with an influx of Mexican and Central American immigrants. They take pride in their homes, dress, and want to succeed. Assimilation while maintain cultural identity is nothing new, the Irish, Italian, Polish, Germans and everyone who has ever immigrated, reference their past. imo, I think that diversity is good for us, the sooner we embrace a stronger Spanish Judeo-Christian element the more secure we will be.(again imo)

Last edited by Penn; 03-05-2015 at 21:37.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 21:45   #20
SF0
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
That's the difference between me and most folks, I could give a rats ass what anyone thinks of me, except my close friends and family.

My point is that according to the census both blacks and whites will be a minority very soon. Minority to illegal's that will soon take over. Racist, nope, the folks that came here after filling out the required paperwork I consider as American as myself and I would fight and die for them.

I do consider the tens of millions of illegal's nothing more than bottom feeding parasites, criminals that the current administration is giving a free pass to.....

I'm glad to see you've undergone the required sensitivity training, you will do well in the coming years.
My wife agrees with your post, and she's hispanic. Maybe because her mother came to the USA the "hard way", then joined the U.S. Army and served honorably, later going on to raising 4 kids alone on a teacher's salary. No one had to teach her that COA was the right way to do things.
SF0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 22:53   #21
mojaveman
Area Commander

When the Roman Empire fell in 476 AD there was a foreigner sitting on the throne. He was a Germanic chieftain named Odoacer.

Last edited by mojaveman; 03-05-2015 at 22:56.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 23:13   #22
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
When the Roman Empire fell in 476 AD there was a foreigner sitting on the throne. He was a Germanic chieftain named Odoacer.
Well at least our Constitution protects us from ever having a foreigner as President.

...well at least I think it protects us.

Oh, shit. maybe it doesn't.
Old 03-06-2015, 00:50   #23
Scimitar
Area Commander

NA

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:21   #24
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Yup I agree with that, Black, White, Asian, Latino, Indian, Eskimo, etc etc etc. (I was however contemplating filling out every form that you have to declare race with "Norwegian American")
Madison Rising addresses this in the song "Before the hyphens came"... 3 veterans and the son of a veteran... too right wing for a lot the nation right now.

Here's an acoustic version of the song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hobGkobU68k

I had a few drinks (maybe more than a few) with the band in Vegas when I was there with Crip.

Here's another that might strike a heartstring or two with the members here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGv4dbtdzW8

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR

Last edited by x SF med; 03-06-2015 at 01:24.
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:20   #25
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
IRT the premise that America is over, I think that we're going to be okay. The nation has been through much worse many times. Cooler heads took a step back from the abyss and got the nation back on track. At its best, this BB is part of that process.

My $0.02.
Sig, I know we don't agree on much but this is exactly where I fall.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:33   #26
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 View Post
I do think though the illegal situation is more complicated though. Many illegals are here just to get away from the awfulness in Mexico and you have the teenagers and young adults who are technically illegal, having come here as a young child, who are essentially American thus in everything but citizenship.
Do you see these illegals being a boon somehow to our country? If so, why is their country in such sad shape that they abandoned it?
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:43   #27
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
"It's to late to work within the system, and to early to start shooting the bastards."
IIRC Claire Wolfe said that way back in '96 or something.

Her blog.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:05   #28
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
It isn't a matter of caring about what others think of that opinion because one wants to be in their good graces so much as making sure people understand why you're making that argument. If people interpret it as racist, then they might ignore what are otherwise sound points.

I do think though the illegal situation is more complicated though. Many illegals are here just to get away from the awfulness in Mexico and you have the teenagers and young adults who are technically illegal, having come here as a young child, who are essentially American thus in everything but citizenship.
Please tell me when America decided to reward illegal activity? You live in NY, only 3000 miles from where the invasion is taking place. Out of site out of mind. Live in the SW for ten years and then defend illegal aliens. Any other country would consider it an invasion. And yeah I'm sick of it and it makes my heads hurt knowing my tax dollars are being spent rewarding this behavior.

And 99% of that heroin, cocaine hard drugs come from our loving southern neighbors. That you do see in NY.... enjoy.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:14   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
It isn't a matter of caring about what others think of that opinion because one wants to be in their good graces so much as making sure people understand why you're making that argument. If people interpret it as racist, then they might ignore what are otherwise sound points.

I think you need to do some more research.

Many of the second and third generation illegals who have lived in the US their entire lives still consider themselves to be Mexican, Salvadorean, etc.

The tidal flow of illegals also includes many members of MS-13, Mexican gangs, drug smugglers, and repeat criminals who were deported in some cases several times and are back again to take advantage of the land of easy pickings.

The purpose of an immigration policy is to establish the requirements of the US for new citizens and to regulate their numbers. If the policy becomes welcome all comers, illegal and otherwise, regardless of skills or needs, then how much of the third world population do you think the US taxpayers can absorb?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:17   #30
Javadrinker
Guerrilla

Quote:
Here we have teachers that proclaim how great Mexico is, display the Mexican flag in their classroom, teach in Spanish, and yet proclaim they are great US citizens. Really "just to get away from the awfulness in Mexico"? And "teenager and young adults ..who are essentially American" nope Mexican. Yet I guarantee that OUR taxes paid for their education, put food in their bellies, and roofs over their head.
I'm really tired of my tax money and my social security being wasted on illegals(I'm tired of it paying congress critters also).
Javadrinker is offline   Reply With Quote