Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-25-2014, 17:34   #31
tonyz
Area Commander

Judicial Watch: Missing IRS Emails are Backed Up
DOJ attorney admits Lois Lerner emails exist

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
August 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Judicial Watch, a watchdog group which has been investigating the IRS scandal, has learned that Lois Lerner’s supposedly missing emails may still exist within a federal government back-up system.

After months of administration officials insisting that two years worth of Lerner’s emails were irretrievable following a computer crash, a Department of Justice attorney admitted to Judicial Watch Friday that the federal government backs up all their computer records in case of catastrophe.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen testified just a few months ago that Lerner’s emails were lost, while the IRS claimed it had gone to “unprecedented efforts” to retrieve the emails.

The news of the “lost” emails was met with wide mockery and disbelief in the press, with many suspecting that some back-up of the records must exist.

Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, told Fox News that the Department of Justice now claims it would be “too hard” to retrieve Lerner’s emails from the back-up system.

Fitton was irate over the administration’s deception: “Everything we’ve been hearing about scratched hard drives, missing e-mails of Lois Lerner, other IRS officials, other officials in the Obama administration–it’s all been a pack of malarkey.”

“There’s no such thing as Lois Lerner’s missing e-mails,” said Fitton. “It’s all been a big lie. They’ve been lying to the courts, to the American people and to Congress. It is really outrageous.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/judic...are-backed-up/

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:30   #32
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
[B]The news of the “lost” emails was met with wide mockery and disbelief in the press, with many suspecting that some back-up of the records must exist.
Normally I'd say that some need to get over their sense of disbelief. The mechanisms by which backups occur are more slipshod & haphazard in the .gov than most people would ever imagine. Certainly most agencies are not resourced to actually maintain separate backups that conform with records retention law (sure, write another unrealistic law). That doesn't even get into actually dumping contents of what are supposed to be official communications to paper & forklifting them to a records-holding area somewhere when it's time to rotate the backup tapes.

But there's one little problem, hence the technical term "malarkey" as applied to their story:

They have already shown that they were able to produce email traffic from before & after the period in question.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 16:41   #33
Badger52
Area Commander

I'm shocked; SHOCKED I say!

Email reveals Lois Lerner ignored political expenditures by unions

LINK to full story.

Quote:
The official at the center of the Internal Revenue Service tea party scandal once dismissed complaints that labor unions were not reporting millions of dollars in political activities on their tax forms, according to an email obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

In 2007, Lerner responded directly to a complaint that some major labor unions reported completely different amounts of political expenditures when filing with the IRS and the Department of Labor.
How could this be?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 09-02-2014, 19:29   #34
ddoering
Quiet Professional

She needs to be waterboarded.
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 16:46   #35
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoering View Post
She needs to be waterboarded.
You're being too nice, what she really needs is a dirt nap.......
Old 09-04-2014, 17:14   #36
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Only after the questions have been answered.

Who knew about it and when?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 18:09   #37
ddoering
Quiet Professional

A dirt nap is too kind. She should have to blow the entire Iraqi Army instead.
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 18:17   #38
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
A dirt nap is too kind. She should have to blow the entire Iraqi Army instead.
After a little donkey fluffing.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 19:49   #39
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post

Pat
That poor donkey.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 20:08   #40
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Only after the questions have been answered.
Quote:
She should have to blow the entire Iraqi Army instead.
all four of them...

Quote:
and then waterboarded.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 22:49   #41
Box
Quiet Professional

I'm guessing the DOJ will be bringing formal charges any day now...

...has anyone seen this seasons celebrity cast for dancing with the stars?
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:46   #42
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Lerner hates being targeted

This completely made my day. For a moment, I thought about just posting it under the Happy Thought of The Day thread, but felt this was more relevant. Even her own neighbors tossed her out of their premises.

Quote:
Lois Lerner tries busting into neighbor's home to avoid questions from the press.Neighbor: “We don't want her in our house"
Video
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 19:12   #43
atticus finch
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYPatriot View Post
This completely made my day. For a moment, I thought about just posting it under the Happy Thought of The Day thread, but felt this was more relevant. Even her own neighbors tossed her out of their premises.

Video
That video is what you do to them, because that is what they fear the most.
Facing the truth about themselves, having that exposed to the public and being publically delegitimized.
You'll notice she couldn't even turn around and face the camera, not even to say "eff you" If they have no fear of the scarlet letter being applied to thier actions, why didn't she tell the reporter where to stick it? Instead she ran and kept her back to the camera, that is fear.
Her behavior, as does the rest of them, runs to the sociopathic.
atticus finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 22:57   #44
PSM
Area Commander

It's odd the demeanor shift from her arrogance before elected members of Congress and being confronted by actual citizens in her neighborhood.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:22   #45
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
It's odd the demeanor shift from her arrogance before elected members of Congress and being confronted by actual citizens in her neighborhood.

Pat
And her "neighbor's" version of "get off my lawn."
Cue Bob Dylan background music: "How does it feel.......?"

On Heinlein's Luna she would just quietly find herself on the other side of an airlock or a tear in her pressure suit.