Sdiver
Area Commander

Bring back the Dixie-Chicks !!!!!!
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 20:35   #3
Badger52
Area Commander

Duped dupes.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 20:35   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

We could have the pro-gun rappers (that are not in prison) sing also!

Where's Ted Nugent when you need him!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2015, 04:57   #5
Bleed Green
Guerrilla

Thank you TS. The image of a leopard skin, loin cloth, clad Uncle Ted swinging onto stage on a vine just popped into my head for some reason. I will now be dialing a shrink as some things that pop in there need a trained professional to remove.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:33   #6
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Let's see...their fanbase is primarily made up of red-blooded Americans that are pro 2A and McGraw and Currington think it's a good idea to take the side of those that wish to remove our right to keep and bear arms. Someone got bit in the ass by the good idea fairy.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 13:24   #7
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

After a little more digging, I found this:
Quote:
On Monday (4-15), it was announced that country star Tim McGraw, along with scheduled openers Billy Currington and Chase Bryant would play a concert at the Infinity Theater in Hartford, Connecticut on July 17th, with 100% of the proceeds going to a charity organization called Sandy Hook Promise. Sandy Hook Promise was set up in the aftermath of the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary on December 14th, 2012 where 20 children and six adults were shot and killed by 20-year-old Adam Lanza.

Tim McGraw has some personal ties to the Sandy Hook story. Tim’s touring fiddle player Dean Brown is a long-time friend of Mark Barden, whose child was killed in the mass shooting, and who is also one of the founders of Sandy Hook Promise.

The announcement of the Tim McGraw benefit concert blended in with all the regular country music news on Monday—a day usually reserved for the distribution of such press releases, until the conservative news outlet Brietbart picked up the story with the headline, Country Stars Tim McGraw, Billy Currington Headlining Gun Control Fundraiser. The story portrayed Sandy Hook Promise as a gun control group, and attributed a quote to Sandy Hook Promise’s Mark Barden saying that he joined the group “pledging to ‘dedicate the rest of his life’ to pursuing gun control.”

The posting of the Brietbart story was like a call to action to many gun control opponents who began attacking McGraw, Billy Currington, and Chase Bryant via social network, including country artist Travis Tritt.

Quote:
Saving Country Music reached out to Sandy Hook Promise to clarify if they considered themselves a gun control organization, and were provided this statement:

Sandy Hook Promise supports the 2nd Amendment and is not anti-gun. We recognize an individual’s right to bear arms and support millions of law-abiding citizens in the United States who own firearms.

Our primary focus is preventing children from being harmed by gun violence. Our programs encompass things like community-based prevention, supporting social and emotional learning in schools, teaching Mental Health First Aid, teaching kids how to be inclusive at school, and helping people to know the signs of someone who may be in a mental crisis.

We also believe in gun safety, which you can see in our program “Keep It Safe and Secure”: http://www.sandyhookpromise.org/keep_it_safe_and_secure.
We support policy that helps identify, intervene and stop at-risk individuals from hurting themselves or others. And, we support laws that will help to keep firearms out of the hands of dangerously ill people and criminals, as well as out of the reach of children to prevent unintentional shooting deaths and injuries that have become much too frequent.
The full article
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
Old 04-16-2015, 13:39   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Those are the words the anti-Second Amendment reps always use, like "common sense", and "reasonable restrictions". I don't trust them. The celebs will become useful idiots.

The gun "facts" they are quoting in "Did You Know"are straight out of HCI and CPHV literature and have been repeatedly debunked by impartial review.

A movement to lock up crazy people might be more effective, and proactive.

The Antis got Jay Leno to back out of SHOT show this year. Maybe the Pros can work on this one.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 14:02   #9
Badger52
Area Commander

Some of those same people backpedaling to avoid creating the wrong impre$$ion about their artists now are the same monolith that had no qualms about engineering the damage that was done to the Dixie Chicks (professionally, speaking) over a stupid remark. I'm sure they think their hearts are in the right place but as TR points out, they're being used.

But - big boy rules apply in that business as well.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 15:18   #10
Pete
Quiet Professional

Ah, don't think it was engineered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
... are the same monolith that had no qualms about engineering the damage that was done to the Dixie Chicks (professionally, speaking) over a stupid remark. .....
Ah, don't think it was engineered - they flat out said what they said and the audience loved it. Their base fans didn't and so the group went out of favor.

And in the case of the DC's - big girl rules.

And the fact that Saving Country Music had to reach out to the Sandy Hook group to "clarify" means they weren't sure.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 17:17   #11
Stobey
Guerrilla Chief

The experts agree...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_experts_agree_gun_control_works.jpg (70.0 KB, 59 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 07:18   #12
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Currington Withdraws from Concert

That sure didn't take long.

Quote:
After a week of controversy, Billy Currington is out as a performer at the July 17th benefit concert for Sandy Hook Promise being held by Tim McGraw at the Infinity Theater in Hartford, Connecticut. Currington confirmed the news to fans late Thursday (4-16) evening.
Quote:
I’ve never been one to take on controversial issues – I’m a singer. I do feel strongly about honoring and supporting the Sandy Hook community and will be making a donation to a local organization. I appreciate people’s freedom and passion for whatever cause they want to support, however, I am choosing to step aside from this fundraiser and will focus instead on the rest of the tour dates as I look forward to being on the road with Tim and Chase and having a blast with all of the fans.
Full Article
Old 04-17-2015, 17:19   #13
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

SandyHookPromise is an organization that was formed with a promise of common sense gun control, lock up the firearms (so they can't be used when needed), and gun safety in the extreme. Their respect of 2d amendment is that you can own the guns available when the 2d Amendment was written.

Cross check their members and board with HCI, CPHV, and other gun control group/"safety" groups.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote