Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Europe

Old 09-14-2015, 21:43   #16
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
The Saudis are giving work permit visas to Syrians. Not quite the same as the refugees but I'm ok with that. The European countries should consider it. "While you are here, what kind of skills do you have? We can use garbage men and street sweepers as well medical workers if you are skilled."
If I recall, that is what NZ requires of you before they grant you citizenship. You have to have a skill they want/need in order to be allowed in.
Old 09-14-2015, 23:25   #17
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAHAWK9521 View Post
If I recall, that is what NZ requires of you before they grant you citizenship. You have to have a skill they want/need in order to be allowed in.
There's a few pathways to entry down here.

That's one of them: skills based.

Not only measurable/evidence based skillsets, but to a high minimum NZ/western standard.

A doctor/dentist qualified in a Syrian hospital would be hard pressed to be granted practice license.

I know a Columbian dentist who worked as a dental nurse for two years before gaining practice license by testing out.

The greatest GP/family doctor ever(ours) is from Spain and he found it far easier.

The government does a pretty good job of staying on top of the critical skills list, adding/deleting as needed.

Other ways include: capital invested, entrepreneurial, and refugee.

All based on high barrier medical/character.

We did a poor job at vetting Somali refugees(Canada did a much better job vetting first with a better result).

Our results with Afghans has been much better. Great job at assimilating/integrating with no negative issues so far, and plenty of positives.

We even managed to get a few extra interpreters over the stated special visa quota to do the right thing.

-----

Sadly, we didn't get one in due to family already in NZ failing to follow advise and trying to getting in under tourist visa. Huge red flag and knocked back for years due to deceptive application.

That's what you get for playing silly buggers.

-----

Australia is taking the big lead for the region(due to location, capability, and relative risk) in funding an illegal immigrant detention centre in Papua New Guinea to more aggressively deal with the problem offshore.

Large numbers of unvetted Afghan fighting age males with some riots taking place and the locals less than thrilled and ready to take scalps at times.

Australia is also rumoured to have made some payoffs(beyond informat payments) to try and mitigate human trafficking.

So even problems way down here.

We're lucky to have a nasty sea and a big brother in between us and the problem.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 23:43   #18
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Oh nearly forgot.

We used to be 3 years, now 5 before citizenship grant can be done.

I still reckon Switzerland's 10 year wait, local comimunity vote, and possibility of entire nuclear family being ejected for failure of just 1 to abide laws is a good minimum standard. That's how I understand the Swiss run it.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:42   #19
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
Oh nearly forgot.

We used to be 3 years, now 5 before citizenship grant can be done.

I still reckon Switzerland's 10 year wait, local comimunity vote, and possibility of entire nuclear family being ejected for failure of just 1 to abide laws is a good minimum standard. That's how I understand the Swiss run it.
Until I looked it up, I did not realize immigration is handled locally by the cantons rather than at the federal level.

Quote:
Unlike other countries where naturalization is a federal responsibility, individual communities or cantons in Switzerland decide whether or not to approve an immigrant's application for naturalization although the federal government gives general guidelines and the standard residency requirement is 12 years. Depending on the canton, the naturalization process can cost several thousand Swiss francs per person although the fee cannot exceed the actual cost.

Communities and cantons approve individual citizenship applicants either by means of a public assembly or a special panel decision. Panels and assemblies composed of municipality representatives may look at data about nationality, duration of residence in Switzerland, and degree of integration, but they are not privy to all private information, including the applicant's religion.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:11   #20
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

This is a great plan by ISIS is all I'll say. Well played!!

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:38   #21
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
This is a great plan by ISIS is all I'll say. Well played!!
X10!

Well played, indeed!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:23   #22
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
This is a great plan by ISIS is all I'll say.
It might not be a 'plan' on their part, it might just be an opportunity created by the developing regional situation in SWA which they've had a definite hand in creating.

However, all that may be a moot point if they can readily adapt this situation for their own purposes and the results wind up supporting whatever end-goal(s) they proclaim to have in mind.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 16:59   #23
mojaveman
Area Commander

Experts say no jihadists are amoung the refugees...

Me don't think so.

...even Pope Francis warned this week of the "risk of infiltration".

http://news.yahoo.com/jihadists-hidi...105837798.html
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 23:42   #24
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
Until I looked it up, I did not realize immigration is handled locally by the cantons rather than at the federal level.
Quite possibly the wisest immigration policy I've ever heard of.

Government/immigration bureaucrats can only do so much to assess immigrants suitability in having earned citizenship.

Immediate neighbours and local community having considerable influence over the granting of citizenship?

Pretty cool I reckon.

Same with the LONG "trial period" and what I understand to be automatic deportation of foreign nationals convicted of certain crimes including sex crimes, robbery, drug dealing and social welfare abuse.
Old 03-11-2017, 16:14   #25
Rolling-Stone
Asset

What is currently happening in Europe infuriates me to no end, but at least we are seeing the change. Britain bailed out of the EU, Donald Trump won the American presidency, Marine La Penn (French Nationalist) is doing well in the primaries of their election, Merkel has her tail between her legs. Something to look forward to.
Rolling-Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 16:52   #26
Badger52
Area Commander

Yes, I wish Marine Le Pen well, along with Geert Wilders & others who are a hemorrhoid for Frau Merkel in some of the other countries. Merkel is preoccupied with having a "malleable" Polish minister to the EU council get elected right now - these other blasphemous countries such as Hungary & Poland, et al, are hopefully keeping her up at night. She should go walk out on the ice.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 23:32   #27
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
Erfurt is a beautiful old European city. Taught English there for two years about ten years ago. Can't believe
this is happening.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/12/wo...ants.html?_r=0
My 101 year old P08 Luger was manufactured in Erfurt. It is turning in its holster at this news.
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:35   #28
RomanCandle
Guerrilla

Quote:
Unless you are from the ME or Africa then the only skill you need to demonstrate is being from the ME or Africa. (South African white doesn't count - there you'd better have a qualifying skill)
RomanCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:33   #29
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
My 101 year old P08 Luger was manufactured in Erfurt. It is turning in its holster at this news.
Probably restless because it sees work to be done.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 14:58   #30
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
Me don't think so.

...even Pope Francis warned this week of the "risk of infiltration".

http://news.yahoo.com/jihadists-hidi...105837798.html
Pope Francis, a global genius for sure......... right up there with an idiot that invented fakebook and now meets with "world leaders".......

And yeah, I don't receive my political commentary from "comics" either.......

Do yourself a favor and stop reading yahoo, google, left-wing fakenews.