Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 05-03-2012, 09:47   #1
35NCO
Guerrilla

Osama bin Laden documents released: Trove from al-Qaida leader’s compound declassifie

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...131324071.html

http://www.ctc.usma.edu/

Hopefully they have not released anything that never reached its intended recipients. You can download all the documents they released in English or Arabic. There is also a fairly good summery of the documents in their report by the CTC.

Some interesting light reading.
35NCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:28   #2
Barbarian
Guerrilla Chief

More feel-good propaganda to drum up support for the POTUS' campaign? That's what it looks like to me. Timing is pretty damn coincidental.
Old 05-03-2012, 15:23   #3
Sdiver
Area Commander

LOL ..... even OBL knew that Uncle Joe was (and is) a poor choice for VP. Along with Barry as POTUS

Quote:
Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make [Vice President Joe] Biden take over the presidency for the remainder of the term, as it is the norm over there," bin Laden wrote in a letter to one of his top lieutenants. "Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the U.S. into a crisis....."
It's amazing that he was able to see that, but there those over here that DON'T.

Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 15:38   #4
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
More feel-good propaganda to drum up support for the POTUS' campaign? That's what it looks like to me. Timing is pretty damn coincidental.
Exactly............

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 16:12   #5
35NCO
Guerrilla

I just finished reading all of them. The political motivations aside, it is some extremely confusing reading in understanding who Bin Laden was. It reads like he was very upset about the killing of civilians, and he outright tells his leaders to leave the other religions alone.

Something that really blew my mind is his discussion about siding with the Irish as well as the Catholics. He felt they would understand and want to join their cause.

The other things that really stand out is how AQ is told to handle its security measures. Really interesting is how much Bin Laden knew about our capabilities. Their operations were far more complex then I ever thought them to be.

There is also discussions about investing in the stock market and if that would be beneficial. Its an entire paper discussing how to proceed with funding and how to handle that money. Surprisingly, they look for the most legal means possible, while in the same respect, following religious law.

There are also orders to specifically never kill VP Biden, due to his usefulness in destroying America is really wild information. How did he come up with this plan?

Bin Laden's education really shows as well. It seems with every answer he gives to his leaders it was very well researched. I wonder if he did the research himself, or asked others to do it for him. I think its fair to say that he even enjoyed writing the papers and educating others in history.

There is discussions in the beginning how Bin Laden seems to like Obama, then years later, changes his mind and decides to have him killed.

The very thorough analysis of the media is mind boggling as well. It seems like he and his leaders spent a great deal of time watching our news as well as world news, trying to determine who is the best to release their propaganda. Seems Bin Laden loved Brian Ross, 60 Minutes, MSNBC, and despised Fox news. He even goes on to say that CNN is the most Government Controlled.

If you have the time, I would highly suggest reading the documents. Its such an overload of new information I am not really sure what to think at this time.

I am sure the media is going to have a field day writing about it for the next few months.

I really look forward to anyone's responses and professional opinions of the documents content though. The first person that comes to mind is Richard.
Old 05-03-2012, 16:51   #6
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NCO View Post
I just finished reading all of them. The political motivations aside, it is some extremely confusing reading in understanding who Bin Laden was. It reads like he was very upset about the killing of civilians, and he outright tells his leaders to leave the other religions alone.
You're not a PSYOPS guy are you? It sure seems like an attempt to humanize a man that Obama had killed (his words, not mine). Obama and the Dims having a little buyer's remorse in an attempt to solicit Liberal bankrolls?

Nothing is as it seems.

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 16:58   #7
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:

Something that really blew my mind is his discussion about siding with the Irish as well as the Catholics. He felt they would understand and want to join their cause.

The other things that really stand out is how AQ is told to handle its security measures. Really interesting is how much Bin Laden knew about our capabilities. Their operations were far more complex then I ever thought them to be.

There is also discussions about investing in the stock market and if that would be beneficial. Its an entire paper discussing how to proceed with funding and how to handle that money. Surprisingly, they look for the most legal means possible, while in the same respect, following religious law.

There are also orders to specifically never kill VP Biden, due to his usefulness in destroying America is really wild information. How did he come up with this plan?

Bin Laden's education really shows as well. It seems with every answer he gives to his leaders it was very well researched. I wonder if he did the research himself, or asked others to do it for him. I think its fair to say that he even enjoyed writing the papers and educating others in history.

There is discussions in the beginning how Bin Laden seems to like Obama, then years later, changes his mind and decides to have him killed.

The very thorough analysis of the media is mind boggling as well. It seems like he and his leaders spent a great deal of time watching our news as well as world news, trying to determine who is the best to release their propaganda. Seems Bin Laden loved Brian Ross, 60 Minutes, MSNBC, and despised Fox news. He even goes on to say that CNN is the most Government Controlled.

If you have the time, I would highly suggest reading the documents. Its such an overload of new information I am not really sure what to think at this time.

I am sure the media is going to have a field day writing about it for the next few months.

I really look forward to anyone's responses and professional opinions of the documents content though. The first person that comes to mind is Richard.
Gosh, he seems like an OK guy from this info. Guess we could just disregard 3K plus Americans murdered.
Old 05-03-2012, 17:03   #8
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Quote:
...I think its fair to say he loved Brian Ross, 60 Minutes, MSNBC, and despised Fox news.
Bin Laden watched our news and witnessed the debacle that is Joe Biden and his policy preferences.

We are being crippled from within - why f$ck with that?

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 05-03-2012 at 17:06. Reason: Clarity
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 17:39   #9
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I thought Biden was picked for VP because he is an idiot. If anyone was thinking about harming Obama, it would put Biden in as POTUS. But what really scared me was Nancy Pelosi as 3rd in line to the presidency...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 19:58   #10
35NCO
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Gosh, he seems like an OK guy from this info. Guess we could just disregard 3K plus Americans murdered.
Dusty, I believe I am sensing sarcasm. In case I am not, I am not trying to portray him as anything other than the evil bastard that he was, and for that, he most certainly needed to die.I am sorry for that impression in my short overview. I would never mean to claim anything so unbelievably evil or disrespectful to all our fallen brothers and sisters, 911 civilians, or those who have fought.

My wording may read weird, but really, read the docs for yourself to see what caused me to say that. Its a strange read. Not trolling here, but to give you an idea how bizzaro it gets, he even talks about solving famine in Somalia, to help his Muslim brothers. A good example of how crazy he was, he wants to save lives of some, and murder all others....(or maybe just Americans?)

Bin Laden does discuss targeting Americans as well and in great detail. Which is what I expected everything to be about. I am just really shocked that from this little window we see, it appears that was not his main purpose. My issue is that I cannot understand what his actual end statement mission was.
( Maybe even he did not know what it was)

Seems like Bin Laden lost total control of his followers and in some cases those whom he claims just labeled themselves AQ without his permission. What the hell was HE trying to achieve, if all the innocent death was NOT what he wanted? Which is also very contradictory to all the other events in history where he did target us and directly ordered the killing of US civilians and US military. The very definition of extremism I can see, but there appears to be more than that.

I think he was another insane leader in this world for sure.(I never questioned that.) But in the same respect it changes everything we know about AQ. AQ was many different factions of people that thought they were doing his bidding(or not), but really were doing their own local and personal vendettas.

It paints the picture even clearer, that maybe we really did not understand what was going on with the Bin laden connection as well as we thought we did. Which can also explain why it was so damn difficult to find him. ( Since it appears most of these AQ cells were not at all related.)

The other thing that I would really wish to know is why these documents got released? There clearly is a political motivation, but was it for us, or for the middle east? Since the documents were hand selected, it almost seems to me like some kind of effort to ask the Jihadists to stop killing each other. Maybe it is a PSYOP. I don't know. If it is, it makes sense that we would try to do that. Its a pretty bold move though, with a lot of assumptions that the Jihadists would even believe the documents, or even care.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:25   #11
Crue
Asset

Quote:
I think that around November pictures will be "leaked".
Crue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20   #12
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Dusty, I believe I am sensing sarcasm.
I hope so-that's why I put the "sarcasm" funny face in-but I'm not directing anything negative toward you, per se.

Put your foil beanie on, because I think the whole thing was manufactured for political expediency, anyway.

UBL got waxed 10 years ago.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:26   #13
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
I hope so-that's why I put the "sarcasm" funny face in-but I'm not directing anything negative toward you, per se.

Put your foil beanie on, because I think the whole thing was manufactured for political expediency, anyway.

UBL got waxed 10 years ago.
Exactly,I totally agree with you on when OBL got waked.......

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 20:27   #14
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
O could put OBL on ice and take his body to every village , Hamlet and City in America. Its not gonna do him any good or buy him any votes. His rhetoric did not fool me the first time in 08 and its sure as hell not fooling me this time around. I certainly agree with your sentiment!

Last edited by cbtengr; 05-04-2012 at 20:28. Reason: punctuation
cbtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:10   #15
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Brush- That is why she scares me. And I am afraid of very few things...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote