Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2019, 16:27   #11
Florida Patriot
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSB View Post
https://www.armyt*imes.com/news/your...icly-on-trump/

From the article quoted above:

“I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen,
and I was worried about the implications to the U.S. Government’s support of Ukraine,”
Vindman said in his deposition.

My first reaction, as one Lieutenant Colonel talking about another Lieutenant Colonel:
Who the fuck are you to testify in a hearing in the House of representatives as to what YOU feel is improper of the president?
Report all the facts you want, and just the facts, in response to questions, but save your opinion
to the time after you have turned in your uniform and moved into retirement.

Would we allow a LTC to testify "Well, in my opinion, General Hopscotch had his head up his ass
when he cancelled the C-17 assembly line."

(An aside: Don't know if there is any reason why he would wear a uniform the first time he testified,
but a business suit the second time. Curious.)

Perhaps LTC Vindman should read the oath of office that President Trump took upon his assuming the office of President:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States,
and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

And what are the duties of the Office of the President?
Again, let us look to the Constitution:

Article II, Section 3: “… he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed …”.

Imagine that! A President who actually takes care that the laws be faithfully executed. He is, on the federal level,
the “Top Cop” with a constitutional duty to root out crime and corruption where ever he may find it, both domestic and foreign
(to the extent it violated United States laws).

Crimes such as failure to report foreign income, the same crime that put Paul Manafort in jail;
or being an unregistered foreign agent, the same offense that former General Michael Flynn was convicted of.
The Democrats had no problem with those investigations,
and when crimes were discovered, the defendant’s being prosecuted.

Did Obama “take care that the laws be faithfully executed?”

Hell no, in fact, his DACA program was nothing short of a presidential declaration that he would NOT enforce the laws as written.
Don’t get me started on the ATF “walking” guns into Mexico in violation of federal law.

Did President Trump demand that Hunter Biden be arrested?

Did he request that Joe and/or Hunter Biden be jailed?

NO.

President Trump had the audacity to request that there be an investigation — that’s all, just an investigation —
of what took place under the Obama/Biden administration to see if laws were broken, because you damn well know for sure
that a coverup and whitewash was all that would take place when Obama/Biden held office.

But the Democrats absolutely will not stand for an investigation,
they know too well what might emerge if those rocks are turned over.
I would like to subscribe to your news letter sir.
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

-- Samuel Adams --
Florida Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote