Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-03-2017, 07:10   #46
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
American Progressives have pretty much whitewashed their own history, but before World War II, they were quite enamored of Mussolini and even Hitler, though Hitler's far more aggressively ethnic nationalism and anti-Semitism was a turn-off, especially after the Nuremberg Laws and later the Kristallnacht.
FDR, and his adminstration, was very much a fan of of German Nationalism through the 30s even after hostilities broke out in Europe. Programs like the NRA (National Recovery Act) and the Works Progress Administration were modeleld after Nazi work programs.

Quote:
.... it remains to be seen how the Progressive movement will react when out of power. So far, early indications are impotent rage and petulant obstructionism. And, of course, rank hypocrisy, although to be fair hypocrisy is one of the few constants in politics.
The following was posted on SOCNET and I found it an interesting history of radical violence and speculation into what may come: LINK

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:14   #47
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

This article is by an interesting person. He was at one time a Communist academic, both in South Africa and Britain. He now lives in South Africa and has seen what his old ideas have brought to the country. He has now become a political realist and I admire his knack of summarising a complex subject and seeing through the BS on both sides of an argument. I would be interested on your views on the accuracy of the views voiced here.
http://www.politicsweb.co.za/opinion...se-about-trump
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:35   #48
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
(Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I think I'll just continue to call them "assholes" and hopefully provoke them into a fight.)

Ha...I could even beat up that guy in the "Bernie" tee-shirt....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:16   #49
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Guy- Lew Johnson's analysis, although more of a 30,000 ft view, is as typical of other things I have read by him, a very good assessment of what is happening here.

Towards the end of the article he began to get into the weeds a bit and opined as the long term effect of Trumps brand of Populism. He correctly (IMO) identified the key to the development of a long term strategy - Steve Bannon!

I think he is correct in his statement:
Quote:
Trump does not read books, has no knowledge of history, no intellectual depth and probably only dimly descries what Bannon's strategy is and what its historical roots are.
Trump is an action guy focusing on the short-term action items that he can affect. Bannon, IMO, is a brilliant strategist. He is the key to the long-term strategy and will face increasingly extreme attacks from the neo-Fascists and the establishment politicos within the Republican party.

As Johnson alluded to, the neo-Fascists have been playing the long game for some time now (50-60 years). They are dug in within the politics of the inner cities, academia, primary/secondary education institutions. Routing the neo-Fascists out of these bastions will be critical for the long-term. A difficult task, but definitely doable. Once the immediate goals are met, this is where the battle space will be!
Old 02-03-2017, 14:31   #50
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Guy- Lew Johnson's analysis, although more of a 30,000 ft view, is as typical of other things I have read by him, a very good assessment of what is happening here.

Towards the end of the article he began to get into the weeds a bit and opined as the long term effect of Trumps brand of Populism. He correctly (IMO) identified the key to the development of a long term strategy - Steve Bannon!

I think he is correct in his statement:

Trump is an action guy focusing on the short-term action items that he can affect. Bannon, IMO, is a brilliant strategist. He is the key to the long-term strategy and will face increasingly extreme attacks from the neo-Fascists and the establishment politicos within the Republican party.

As Johnson alluded to, the neo-Fascists have been playing the long game for some time now (50-60 years). They are dug in within the politics of the inner cities, academia, primary/secondary education institutions. Routing the neo-Fascists out of these bastions will be critical for the long-term. A difficult task, but definitely doable. Once the immediate goals are met, this is where the battle space will be!
Thanks Trapper, it is always good to get the opinion of those at the coalface. RW Johnson's view is , as you say, from 30 000 ft, but the distance is in fact a lot more than that. All we do in Africa is get a cold when America sneezes.
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 21:34   #51
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

The Sarah Silverman thing is congruent with statements by Rosa Brooks.
Do they come up with this on their own, or is someone else issuing talking points?
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:11   #52
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
The Sarah Silverman thing is congruent with statements by Rosa Brooks.
Do they come up with this on their own, or is someone else issuing talking points?
I have noticed that much of the time what you hear coming out of the MSM and/or someone like Silverman can generally be found days, sometimes weeks earlier on the Media Matters chat.
Old 02-05-2017, 13:27   #53
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
I have noticed that much of the time what you hear coming out of the MSM and/or someone like Silverman can generally be found days, sometimes weeks earlier on the Media Matters chat.
The new MFIC at Foggy Bottom should have a personally-vetted IT substance make sure that isn't still tied into the same peer-to-peer chat network that handles WH "talking points."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 14:02   #54
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
The new MFIC at Foggy Bottom should have a personally-vetted IT substance make sure that isn't still tied into the same peer-to-peer chat network that handles WH "talking points."
You would think, but with the recent leaks it makes you wonder.

The libs knew Trump was going to curtail immigration, they have been planning for months and they just hosed him big time. Since the Ninth Circuit is the next stop chances are they will send him on to the SCOTUS.......and all the while it travels through the courts immigrants will be filling all those new apartment complexes that are spouting up in the suburbs.

I don't fault Trump too much. He knowingly walked into a mind field, he has tried to get things accomplished, but unfortunately for him the wheels of the bureaucracy are avidly working against him.....

The libs overall goal is to get Trump impeached.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:30   #55
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

A reasonable assessment of the leftist true believer:

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...ingly-n2281602

This gave me a chuckle:
"And the frightening thing is that the Left is so foolish, so stuck in its bubble that it has no understanding that it can only push so far before the people with all the guns and all the training push back.
That’s the problem with kids who were raised on participation trophies and who never got into a fistfight – they don’t consider the possibility that they will lose, and lose hard."
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:51   #56
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post

The libs overall goal is to get Trump impeached.
.....they'd rather have Pence

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:39   #57
Box
Quiet Professional

What kills me about the chuckleheads on the left how much they forget that Trump is probably the closest thing they could have gotten to a republican with a past that might have liberal sympathies.

With the exception of Bush or Rubio, every other republican would have been far more right than Trump. Trump just happens to be the only one that isn't afraid to say "ILLEGAL" when he talks about immigration problems.
...mainstream republicans succumbed to brain washing and acceptance of the term 'undocumented' instead of 'illegal' years ago - as a result, some of them just SEEM more palatable than Trump.
Not that the left is really interested in political or vocal diversity - because they aren't

If Teddy had won the Whitehouse, the liberals would be in a full-on uprising by now instead of just busying themselves with passive aggressive TV commercials and snarky sound bytes on the morning talk show circuit. The nation would be on fire if we had an honest to goodness right wing conservative in the white house.

The left really doesn't even understand how good they've got it.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 02-06-2017 at 12:41.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 13:03   #58
DJ Urbanovsky
Guerrilla Chief

1) Most people don't have any real understanding of what fascism is. It's just a convenient metaphor that they like to throw around along with Hitler comparisons. It's virtue signaling. If you put Trump on a sliding scale along with actual fascists like Hitler or Mussolini, you'll see that he actually ranks pretty low on that scale.

2) Most people don't have any real understanding of what actual war is like, and how bad things could really get. And most of the people banging that drum have neither the skills nor the materials to make such a thing happen in the first place.

3) Most of these people who are saying these things claim to be pillars of inclusion and tolerance. That is, until you start asking them difficult questions, saying things that they disagree with or asking them to engage in actual, rational thought. Then you're a bad person.

Basically, this is just a bunch of spoiled children who didn't get their way, and now they are throwing a tantrum. Sometimes democracy is a real bitch, kids. Welcome to the adult world where there are no participation medals.

I know people right now who are just completely losing their shit about this whole thing. I tell them "Look, the guy just took office. How about we give him a chance and see what he does, just like we did with the last guy? That would be the reasonable thing to do, yeah? If he screws up, then you can crucify him." They do not enjoy hearing things like that.

It's like that girl at the UC Berkley riot that ended up shutting down Milo's talk. Somebody blasted her in the face with mace while a reporter was interviewing her because they thought she was wearing a MAGA hat. But somebody skipped basic reading comprehension, because her hat didn't say MAGA. It said "Make Bitcoin Great Again." And that's the kind of irrational behavior that we're dealing with.
DJ Urbanovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 13:50   #59
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Urbanovsky View Post
1) Most people don't have any real understanding of what fascism is. It's just a convenient metaphor that they like to throw around along with Hitler comparisons. It's virtue signaling. If you put Trump on a sliding scale along with actual fascists like Hitler or Mussolini, you'll see that he actually ranks pretty low on that scale.

Basically, this is just a bunch of spoiled children who didn't get their way, and now they are throwing a tantrum. Sometimes democracy is a real bitch, kids. Welcome to the adult world where there are no participation medals.

You are correct when you state people in this country do not know the real understanding of the word Fascism. My father grew up in Nazi Germany in the 1930's and he was in the Luftwaffe. My father was just a kid who was drafted, he was not a Nazi, he was not a Fascist; he was just a 19 year old. He used to tell us stories about growing up under Hitler, and people who compare Trump to Fascism are clueless. I remember to this day growing up with my friends always saying "Hey, wasn't your dad a Nazi"...so wrong, so misinformed, and so stupid. Same like those people today who try to make the same comparison of the current administration. Spoiled, selfish, non-sacrificing babies. They really need to grow up and be responsible for their actions, and words. But, hey look at their parents, I am sure the rotten apple does not fall far from the tree. We should just label them "Idiots"....

Rita

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 16:20   #60
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
You are correct when you state people in this country do not know the real understanding of the word Fascism. My father grew up in Nazi Germany in the 1930's and he was in the Luftwaffe. My father was just a kid who was drafted, he was not a Nazi, he was not a Fascist; he was just a 19 year old. He used to tell us stories about growing up under Hitler, and people who compare Trump to Fascism are clueless. I remember to this day growing up with my friends always saying "Hey, wasn't your dad a Nazi"...so wrong, so misinformed, and so stupid. Same like those people today who try to make the same comparison of the current administration. Spoiled, selfish, non-sacrificing babies. They really need to grow up and be responsible for their actions, and words. But, hey look at their parents, I am sure the rotten apple does not fall far from the tree. We should just label them "Idiots"....

Rita
The radical left's cries of "fascists" in regards to those of us who do not hold their belief systems is really pissing me off. My father fought in WW2 - across north Africa, into Sicily and Italy, then Europe. He went into battle against real fascism. That today he would be labeled a fascist for his love of this country and the ideals we hold is maddening.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote