Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Edged Weapons

Old 02-21-2019, 07:46   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Benchmark, Not so smart

The Police department of Oregon City, Oregon lit a forest fire yesterday with the following post on FB.

They publicly thanked the gracious folks at Benchmark for helping destroy confiscated firearms.

On AR15.com, the locals are inflamed. Over 1570 posts in less than 24 hrs. They are not happy.

Along with the destroyed weapons, someone posted Benchmarks political campaign contributions.

"Flaming Liberal A$$H0s"

Side story: The owner and CEO of Benchmark in stepping down and will be replaced by his son.

https://knifenews.com/benchmade-foun...any-president/

Personnaly, Never liked any of their designs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BM1.jpg (68.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg BM2.jpg (96.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg BM3.jpg (58.9 KB, 59 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 02-21-2019 at 12:41.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:14   #2
RCummings
Guerrilla

Bought knives from them when Jodie Sampson was grinding the blades, have not bought one since the '80s won't be buying again.

Respectfully,

Bob
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:23   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

Submitted for your review - Benchmades political contributions over the last three election cycles.............

Money to congressional candidates: 2018 Cycle
Dems: Dems: $7,900
Repubs: Repubs: $0
Others: $0

Money to congressional candidates: 2016 Cycle
Dems: $14,700
Repubs: $0

Money to congressional candidates: 2014 Cycle
Dems: $6,700

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/sum...693&cycle=2018
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:53   #4
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
The Police department of Oregon City, Oregan lit a forest fire yesterday with the following post on FB.

They publicly thanked the gracious folks at Benchmark for helping destroy confiscated firearms.

On AR15.com, the locals are inflamed. Over 1570 posts in less than 24 hrs. They are not happy.

Along with the destroyed weapons, someone posted Benchmarks political campaign contributions.

"Flaming Liberal A$$H0s"

Side story: The owner and CEO of Benchmark in stepping down and will be replaced by his son.

https://knifenews.com/benchmade-foun...any-president/

Personnaly, Never liked any of their designs

JJ - You should cross-thread this in the 2nd Amendment thread

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 20:34   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Not just there. Someone over at Subguns had a link to one of BM's (how appropriate) mealy-mouthed Hollywood-like apology-not-a-real-apology walkbacks. Link is there sometimes now, then isn't. Heh, one guy over there even told the audience they should be buying Spartan blades anyway, lol.

Someone woke up one day & asked, "How can we be more like Dick's....?"

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 21:03   #6
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

Their apology

CD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cd1b0631e0040da269f7fd79fd919a7c.jpg (90.9 KB, 60 views)
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 21:45   #7
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
Their apology

CD
Money Talks... BS Walks... or in this case BM

Box's data points are the reality:

Quote:
Money to congressional candidates: 2018 Cycle
Dems: Dems: $7,900
Repubs: Repubs: $0

Money to congressional candidates: 2016 Cycle
Dems: $14,700

Money to congressional candidates: 2014 Cycle
Dems: $6,700

James Madison
Old 02-21-2019, 23:54   #8
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

The sheriff's office in the county I grew up in would have an auction once a year. They would auction off the firearms they confiscated, and whatever else. It was usually a good deal to go to but I never got the chance. I don't know if places still do this or not but destruction of firearms, as was done here, in this country strikes resemblance to book burning in Germany around 1940 or so.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 23:58   #9
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

I have a Benchmade knife that I carried for years. I put it aside for a Spartan Blades Pallus folder that I now carry all the time. Guess now I will put said Benchmade up for sale.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:56   #10
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

"Nobody can ruin their good name as fast as Jussie Smollett."
"Benchmade - Hold my beer..."

Libs don't buy and carry knives. They've pissed off their largest customer base. The number one advertising success is word of mouth and you can change it in one day in todays setting.

CD

Last edited by Combat Diver; 02-22-2019 at 04:58.
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:59   #11
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
Libs don't buy and carry knives. They've pissed off their largest customer base. The number one advertising success is word of mouth and you can change it in one day in todays setting.

CD
Exactly. (And the statement above isn't even from the company; pathetically looks like Skipper defending his Little Buddy.) Lots of good blades out there. AMF.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 02-22-2019, 07:55   #12
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Exactly. (And the statement above isn't even from the company; pathetically looks like Skipper defending his Little Buddy.) Lots of good blades out there. AMF.

You might think, but sadly when I drive by and curse "D*&K$" sporting goods I realize that their parking lot is still full so maybe not so much....

James Madison
Old 02-22-2019, 09:14   #13
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
You might think, but sadly when I drive by and curse "D*&K$" sporting goods I realize that their parking lot is still full so maybe not so much....

How well D*&K$ is doing is difficult to say. In my area there are I think 4-5 store, all are in large strip malls and from the outside (parking lot) they appear to busy. However on the inside there just don't seem to be that many patrons in 4 of the 5 stores. On occasion when we visited a D*&K$ while traveling for soccer the stores have the appearance.

The only store I have seen that has any real life is the local super sized D*&K$ out South.

A growing problem for sporting goods stores in general is Amazon.com. Anything you can get at D*&K$ or Academy can be had on Amazon for less. A growing number of people try it on at D*&K$ and Academy and then buy it for less on Amazon. However as quality and selections go, locally few would ever go to D*&K$ for firearms when Sheels, Cabelas/Bass Pro and a ton of specialty gun shops are available. If you want quality soccer gear you will head to Soccer Master or Soccer.com.

Benchmade has 5 dealers in my area, Scheels which has a ton of high end weaponry, 2 are firearms dealers, 1 is a Martial Arts shop and 1 is a specialty cutlery shop. It would be interesting to know which of the 5 has the highest sales in Benchmade blades.

Last edited by Paslode; 02-22-2019 at 09:17.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:36   #14
Badger52
Area Commander

Company explainer - on camera

Les De Asis makes a pathetic video explaining things; the body language & choppy segmenting are, well, ugh. (Interesting text on the page that makes his support of being able to transport knives (in locked containers! ) across state lines look like he's the freedomista of the blade industry.

Substitute you-know-who in the link:

https://www.xxxxxxx.com/watch?v=SRleLfBosBE&app=desktop

Old 02-23-2019, 07:57   #15
Joker
Quiet Professional

Pathetic.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote