Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Edged Weapons

Old 04-05-2015, 05:15   #16
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
In Poughkeepsie New York...

As they are stopping the issuance of these knives, are they still Issue Property on the School books???

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 04-05-2015 at 05:28.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:57   #17
koz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrotorhead View Post
I rarely look at e bay but I was this today. I know some of you like to follow up on these. I a donation of $100 helps bring this back into your house let me know and I'll send a check.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YARBOROUGH-S...item234e495fb5

YARBOROUGH/GREEN BERET SPEC. FORCES KNIFE NEVER USED OR SHARPENED IN ORIGINAL BOX WITH ALL PAPERWORK - PAPERS,BOX AND KNIFE HAVE MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERS

DESIGNED BY WM. W. HARSEY AND MFG. BY CHRIS REEVE

2003 KNIFE COLLABORATION OF THE YR. AWARD

DATE OF MANUFACTURE APRIL 29TH 2010

GIVEN TO GRADUATES OF SPEC. FORCES "Q" COURSE

RARE OPPORTUNITY FOR THESE TO BE AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE PURCHASE

ALL PAPERWORK AND ISSUED BOX

YARBOROUGH KNIFE, SPEC. OPS. SHEATH, ORIG. BOX AND PAPERWORK

THE COMPLETE PKG. AVAILABLE NOW (1 ONLY)

Serial Number is 8130.
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:02   #18
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Every time we see one of these we should post the individuals name on this website.
Old 04-05-2015, 13:11   #19
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Every time we see one of these we should post the individuals name on this website.
I concur.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 17:11   #20
Jgood
Quiet Professional

Yup,

in the Hall of Shame
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 17:51   #21
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Second that.
Old 04-05-2015, 19:51   #22
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I wonder how many of these are stolen, being sold by ex- and soon to be ex-es, people who inherited them, etc.?

Once you are out of the Army, other than your honor and integrity, what would keep you from selling it?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 04-06-2015, 09:29   #23
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

You can respond (send e-mail) to the seller on ebay. I did, telling the fucktard what he was doing.

His response? "Hey asshole, I'm the pawn shop owner. Tell the guy who sold it to me"

My response? "Are you going to do the right thing, now that you know, and take it down?"

No answer.

That's like saying "Hey, I'm just the pawn shop owner. Not my fault it was stolen."

I'd recommend folks send that asshat an e-mail, also.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:37   #24
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

From the pawn store owner:

"I'm in business to make money not make you happy. The person who sold me this actually was just in my store. he said he has two because they issue you one and your allowed to purchase one other so he sold me one. I showed him your message and he said that's bullshit that he can sell it."

My response:

'You can certainly do what you like and have no obligation to make me, or anyone else, happy. But, just as with anything else in life, there is cause and effect. The SF community is large and extensive. Just as you can do as you please, I can also. I am passing this info along to those in my community to let them know just what you think of this whole thing.

Just curious. When you find out something is stolen do you still sell it also, since you are "in this to make money"?

As for the idiot, who sold it to you? He is wrong and he knows it and he will end up finding this out himself.

The free market is a great thing, isn't it?"

Now more than ever, do I think this stuff, names and business that enable, ought to go in the hall of shame.
Old 04-08-2015, 13:22   #25
Jgood
Quiet Professional

Hell yeah, they should be the tool who sold it specially the Fucktards who get booted and then sell it and the sellers once they have been notified.
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 13:35   #26
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post

Now more than ever, do I think this stuff, names and business that enable, ought to go in the hall of shame.
Food for thought.... I would support that with established ROE on contact and notification.

FWIW

R10

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 15:29   #27
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Isn't there a record of who gets each knife?
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 19:13   #28
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
Yes, there is.

TR

Old 04-09-2015, 12:02   #29
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
Yes and the very reason you will not find one at a murder scene.....
Old 04-15-2015, 16:28   #30
Oldrotorhead
Guerrilla Chief

And another Yarborough

#5862 if I'm seeing it correctly. I keep hoeing that this leads to the recovery of a stolen knife sometime.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YARBOROUGH-S...83402612&rt=nc

Last edited by Oldrotorhead; 04-15-2015 at 16:38.
Oldrotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote