Quiet Professional

I want mine! Im still waiting on the letter
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 16:33   #62
koz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post

So - how many others have had their Yarborough 'blooded' within 15 minutes of receipt?

Warning - these knives are sharp. Do not allow unsupervised former Vet Techs turned Librarians to handle them.
Or 18B's who are prone to cutting themselves. I had just gotten mine and was showing HH6 and somehow dinged my second joint knuckle. Bled like a stuck pig... It is a sharp knife...
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 18:37   #63
casey
Quiet Professional

Arrived this afternoon.... SF-00076 - waited a full 16 minutes before unsheathing, just to make sure the current record remained unchallenged.
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 20:34   #64
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
So - how many others have had their Yarborough 'blooded' within 15 minutes of receipt?

Warning - these knives are sharp. Do not allow unsupervised former Vet Techs turned Librarians to handle them.
When I picked mine up, I had TR take a picture of me and Chris. I was holding it and I was going to rest the tip of the blade an my finger while holding the butt end by the lanyard. The THING POKED one HELL of a HOLE in the end of my finger. The resulting pic shows me PINCHING the tip of the blade trying to stop the BLEEDING!!!

I'll post the ps shortly.

Later
Msrtin
Old 07-31-2009, 20:51   #65
Aoresteen
Quiet Professional

I spoke with the Gift Shop this past Tuesady. They recieved 50 knives but have 80 orders pending. So I'm still waiting as I'm #80 or 81 or 82.....

They are not sure just when they will get the next batch.
De Oppresso Liber
Aoresteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 13:31   #66
DinDinA-2
Guerrilla

Arrived this morning..."Yarborough-SF 0091". It doesn't have three zeros, like others have posted?

The mailer box was quite large. My spouse said.."I didn't think your ordered a machete!" Based on previous posts, and not wanting to bloody the kitchen counter, I slowly read all the paperwork first, while I calmed myself. Eventually I received firm verbal instructions to "hurry up and look at it!" and "stop playing with it, you are going to cut yourself!" Sorry, I shared previous bloody encounters of others.

What is it about guys and guns, knives and explosives? I wonder what will happen if...?

Anyway, I am extremely gratified to receive this very high quality knife and very proud to have once been a part of SF.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yarborough Knife.jpg (95.5 KB, 245 views)
DinDinA-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 18:02   #67
casey
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinDinA-2 View Post
It doesn't have three zeros, like others have posted?

Friday afternoon.....knife arrives, pick up son at airport - home for his two week leave, run and bring home new family addition - "the beast" (7 week old english bulldog) Just rechecked and you're correct, there are only two zeros
(00-76)
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 13:44   #68
Aoresteen
Quiet Professional

My Yarborough # SF 0112 arrived today!!! Yay!

What a great knife!! Well worth every penny!!!

Thanks to Mr. Harsey & all!!!
De Oppresso Liber
Aoresteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 14:24   #69
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Got mine today SF-O114
I must of had good timing. Only took two weeks from the time I mailed off the check. Excellent piece of work all around.
Old 08-30-2009, 23:11   #70
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

Got mine a few months ago. Walked my paperwork over to the gift shop and walked out with it 30 mins later. I was hoping for a low number but some guy named Csrnko and another guy that works for him got theirs before me.

Great knife, kudos to Mr Reeves and Mr Harsey, well done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg web-yarborough.jpg (87.6 KB, 225 views)
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 13:40   #71
rltipton

AAAargh!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBereoyktJY

I wwwaaant the kniiiiiiiiiife!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 19:19   #72
alright4u
Quiet Professional

Re: Knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
He is going to have to sign for it.

You cannot have it.

Incidentally, there is no telling how long they will be for sale this time. Last time, IIRC, it was around four years. I recommend that everyone who wants one, pony up and order it immediately, or we will have to start another thread for the whines and snivels from the next group, who will say that they were on the verge of getting theirs, just when they were denied the opportunity.

TR
When did the Gen start these knives and did anyone get one for free?
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 19:48   #73
koz
Quiet Professional

SWCS first started issuing them in 2002. They opened up purchase (with authentication) around the same time and I think it ended in either 2005 or 06. They recently opened it up again. I'd jump on it as they may close the door again.
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 21:05   #74
rltipton

I finally got off my butt and sent my stuff in. Now I am IMPATIENTLY waiting on FEDEX to bring it. It's really quite pathetic...I can't eat, sleep, or think about anything but that knife right now. It needs to get here tomorrow or I'm going to drive the wife nuts with my weak Eddie Murphy imitations.
Old 02-17-2010, 22:20   #75
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by alright4u View Post
When did the Gen start these knives and did anyone get one for free?
Every student who has successfully completed the SFQC since 2002 has received a Yarborough Knife free.

There was not enough money in the budget to give the guys on teams knives, much less all of the retirees.

I think LTG Yarborough may have gotten one for free. Others have gotten theirs as gifts, but someone had to pay for them.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote