Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Edged Weapons

Old 04-22-2009, 12:23   #31
koz
Quiet Professional

I sent my paperwork via e-mail on March 14th and I got the paperwork Apr 7th. I sent it back off with my check and got my knife Apr 17th.

It might not be a bad idea to call if you still haven't heard back.
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:02   #32
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by koz View Post
I sent my paperwork via e-mail on March 14th and I got the paperwork Apr 7th. I sent it back off with my check and got my knife Apr 17th.

It might not be a bad idea to call if you still haven't heard back.
I hate you.
I guess a call to Bragg is in order....

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:38   #33
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
I hate you.
I guess a call to Bragg is in order....
You may not be on their list of those who have completed SF training, are you sure you are SF?

Did you go through the non-resident course?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:04   #34
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
You may not be on their list of those who have completed SF training, are you sure you are SF?

Did you go through the non-resident course?

TR
Yes Sir - non-resident, right after you and TS... the same non-resident class that a few others on the board went through, the one with WWII barracks on Smoke Bomb, and quonsets at MacKall...

Do you have any idea how hard it was to mail a fish basket, a fire, and a shelter back to (then) 1st SPOP / JFKSWCS... the shipping costs were insane...

Oh, Sir - I hate you too.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
Old 04-24-2009, 09:07   #35
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Yes Sir - non-resident, right after you and TS... the same non-resident class that a few others on the board went through, the one with WWII barracks on Smoke Bomb, and quonsets at MacKall...

Do you have any idea how hard it was to mail a fish basket, a fire, and a shelter back to (then) 1st SPOP / JFKSWCS... the shipping costs were insane...

Oh, Sir - I hate you too.
Tough love, hermano.

Now call the doggone POC and ask them why you cannot get cleared to buy a knife.

Maybe HH6 has intervened and is already packing your blade?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 04-24-2009, 12:33   #36
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
I sent my request on March 15, still no letter to purchase... no joy.
SF med,

I'm in the same situation,Copy of diploma indicating successful graduation from the Special Forces Qualification Course and still haven't received my approval. This is BS.
I sent in my paperwork on March 17th and still no response. I realize it's 45 years old but they can check with SFA to valid date it....................

GB TFS
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 04-25-2009 at 11:48.
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 16:58   #37
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
SF med,

I'm in the same situation,Copy of diploma indicating successful graduation from the Special Forces Qualification Course and still haven't received my approval. This is BS.
I sent in my paperwork on March 17th and still no response. I realize it's 35 years old but they can check with SFA to valid date it....................

GB TFS

When I was at Bragg several years ago, I submitted copies of Orders showing my MOS. The Col's secretary had to call the FRICKIN MUSEUM to verify that 11B/C4S was an SF MOS!! All that she'd ever heard of was the 18 Series!!! Of course TR, Harsey and Reeve got a big chuckle out of that one!!
Old 04-24-2009, 17:14   #38
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
When I was at Bragg several years ago, I submitted copies of Orders showing my MOS. The Col's secretary had to call the FRICKIN MUSEUM to verify that 11B/C4S was an SF MOS!! All that she'd ever heard of was the 18 Series!!! Of course TR, Harsey and Reeve got a big chuckle out of that one!!
We were there to watch that one...Good thing the folks in the JFK Special Warfare Museum knew their SF history.

If you travel with Ambush Master, something interesting could always happen.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 19:31   #39
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey View Post
We were there to watch that one...Good thing the folks in the JFK Special Warfare Museum knew their SF history.

If you travel with Ambush Master, something interesting could always happen.
Oh, hell they found out I made Mr. H. cry that one time, and that I associate with the likes of AM... That'll teach me to ever go to another SHOT or Knife show ever again...

Maybe the fact I submitted orders taking me from 11B2S to 18B2S and a second set of orders showing my reclass from 18B to 18D confused them... or they looked at my DL picture and thought I was too ugly to carry the knife? Can't be the last part, they gave one to AM...

Old 05-08-2009, 23:39   #40
DinDinA-2
Guerrilla

Letters of Authorization

For those of us still waiting for the Letter of Authorization...today I received a reply to my inquiry to see if they had received my documents. I mailed them March 15.

"I have it and I’m finally getting to dedicate some time to processing them all. They should all be out by Monday."
DinDinA-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:16   #41
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

HEADS UP!!

Brothers, there is a disturbance in the force.

Crucible Steels, sole makers of the CPM-S30V used in the GB and Y Knives, has fallen victim to the auto industry fiasco, and is going into Chapter 11.

While I am sure that Chris and Bill can continue making knives with a lesser grade of steel, if you want to get a GB or a Y Knife in its most effective form, I would act quickly.

Given the delays in the processing of paperwork and the relatively small stock of the CPM-S30V held by the end users, the supply of this special steel is probably going to dry up relatively quickly, unless someone else picks up the product line and starts making it. Without going into too much detail, S-30V is a VERY difficult steel to make and few manufacturers have the technology and ability to produce it.

Don't be the guy snivelling at the end, whining because you did not get the knife back when it was made with the super steel.

That is all.

TR

Old 05-09-2009, 16:28   #42
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

For personal reasons, I looked it up.

For those who wish to see a data sheet on the metal it is here

http://www.crucibleservice.com/datash/dsS30Vv4b.pdf

The story on the company can be found here

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s..._crucible.html

Apparently they make a lot steel for valves for engines.
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 19:12   #43
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
It was 3 or 4 years ago (I think). My B-I-L was stationed at Ft. Bragg and I sent him a copy of my DD214 that showed 91B2S. The folks there at that time were good with that. I signed some forms and it arrived several weeks later. Great knife but it doesn't get used much in my current profession.
Maybe I should take it in for the next vasectomy just to see what effect I'll get
Old 05-14-2009, 18:30   #44
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Autho letter came in today... went back out today, with a check...
Hope I don't turn blue holding my breath for the Yarborough - I'm the Troll, not a friggin smurf.

Bill, yoo hoo, Bill... get your knife signer ready, I'll bring you barley pop, possibly bourbon.

Old 05-16-2009, 15:29   #45
JoeyB
Quiet Professional

forms

for auth we only need one of the forms of proof correct? ther isnt another form is there?
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote