Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Library

Old 12-06-2014, 09:19   #61
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by gits View Post
Anyone notice the Silencero Co placement? I mean its technically years since the zombie apocalypse has occurred and they just manage to attach these nice brand new cans to their guns with no problems.
Totally believable. Anyone who's ever submitted BATFE paperwork will understand how many brand new toys might be scattered around at Class III dealers waiting to be legally picked up. Brand new, still in the box because the owners never got the paperwork to pick them up before TEOTWAWKI happened.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:58   #62
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Actually, I think the walking dead have already taken over at Martinsburg, WV.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 15:54   #63
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Actually, I think the walking dead have already taken over at Martinsburg, WV.

TR
Must be all the drunk folks pouring out of the mass quantity of fine gentleman's clubs in that area

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 16:12   #64
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanK View Post
Must be all the drunk folks pouring out of the mass quantity of fine gentleman's clubs in that area
Well, that's where the alcohol and tobacco came from.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 17:17   #65
Debo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Totally believable. Anyone who's ever submitted BATFE paperwork will understand how many brand new toys might be scattered around at Class III dealers waiting to be legally picked up. Brand new, still in the box because the owners never got the paperwork to pick them up before TEOTWAWKI happened.

Ha!!!!! I just spit out some coffee. So fucking true. I have an AAC can pending as we speak.

Well played sir-

D.
Debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 17:45   #66
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfesta View Post
I'm gonna be on camera for 3 seconds and get killed 3 seconds later in one scene and the other, I am so far in the background I might as well be a tree. All while in makeup. With that set up, anyone could claim to be on the show.

There will be no party at my house for that.
sf
Aw poo.

I was thinking of rolling out the red carpet, limos, search lights and calling a few of the "A-listers" I've worked with and see if they'd be interested in attending.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 00:26   #67
Sdiver
Area Commander

Just saw this ... only one day left to order ...

http://teespring.com/terminus-sh/?var=ppe

Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (85.3 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by Sdiver; 12-22-2014 at 00:49.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:24   #68
craigepo
Quiet Professional

Just finished watching the season via DVR last night. Man, that's a good show.

I'm now trying to find a Walking Dead movie poster to go into our little theater room.

"One man with courage makes a majority." Andrew Jackson

"Well Mr. Carpetbagger. We got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."
Josey Wales
craigepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 18:20   #69
Bladeenthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
1) Zombies
2) Guns
3) Zombies
4) Sharp, pointy, staby, thingies
and
5) Killing Zombies
I just laughed so hard I cried!
Old 02-08-2015, 10:03   #70
Sdiver
Area Commander

THE DEAD RETURN TONIGHT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfesta View Post
My daughter works on The Walking Dead and I got to be a zombie extra (season 5 episode 9, mid season premiere). Its very strange seeing an actor walk right by you or come up to say hello and give you a pep talk wishing everyone a good days work.

It is such a good show and the entire cast and crew were super happy to be there, not surly about being high paid actors. There was one zombie extra being a dick and he was told that he would never be hired back.

I really can't say enough good things about this show in front of or behind the cameras.

Keep watching, it keeps my daughter employed.
sf

Let us know where to look for you. Which scene you're in, what you're wearing, how you get killed ...

Old 02-08-2015, 13:41   #71
PatrickS
Asset

The only zombie related show that's worth watching.

Mainly due to the fact that it's mostly about human nature and what human beings are capable of under certain circumstances.
The zombie apocalypse only serves as the cause for these actions an could be replaced by a nuclear fallout, an alien invasion, a large scale environmental disaster....

It's fiction and yet provides a nice reality check for spoiled western societies. This is what happens when we aren't provided with shelter and enough food for everyone. This is how civilised people act when each individual member of society is trying to survive and no emergency services answer your calls for help. The survival stuff is nice as well and it will hopefully lead to people asking themselves whether they'd be prepared for such scenarios.
There are very few potential Rick Grimes characters amongst us and much more governors and followers of those than we'd like to believe.

It's unrealistic of course. I mean there's a complete lack of QPs. They'd be the ones leading the remains of mankind. Who'd be more qualified? Ok, yes, Joe Biden comes to mind. But he's the only exception....

And just head for the coast ffs! Safest place to be would be a container ship, island near the coast or any navy vessel of significant size. Isolated, hard to reach (well for zombies at least) & easy to defend. Then you'd only need to make supply runs every now and then.
However that'd be a rather boring show.
PatrickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 14:03   #72
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
The only zombie related show that's worth watching.

Mainly due to the fact that it's mostly about human nature and what human beings are capable of under certain circumstances.
The zombie apocalypse only serves as the cause for these actions an could be replaced by a nuclear fallout, an alien invasion, a large scale environmental disaster....

It's fiction and yet provides a nice reality check for spoiled western societies. This is what happens when we aren't provided with shelter and enough food for everyone. This is how civilised people act when each individual member of society is trying to survive and no emergency services answer your calls for help. The survival stuff is nice as well and it will hopefully lead to people asking themselves whether they'd be prepared for such scenarios.
There are very few potential Rick Grimes characters amongst us and much more governors and followers of those than we'd like to believe.

It's unrealistic of course. I mean there's a complete lack of QPs. They'd be the ones leading the remains of mankind. Who'd be more qualified? Ok, yes, Joe Biden comes to mind. But he's the only exception....

And just head for the coast ffs! Safest place to be would be a container ship, island near the coast or any navy vessel of significant size. Isolated, hard to reach (well for zombies at least) & easy to defend. Then you'd only need to make supply runs every now and then.
However that'd be a rather boring show.

Come on, if it was even close to reality obama and the liberals would be holding secret meetings with the Zombies at the White House..........

The liberal media would be screaming about the mass killings of the zombies and try to confiscate all "assault" rifles from the living.

The ACLU would be in court concerning Zombie rights.

CAIR would be secretly funneling monies to all Zombie efforts.

The 9th Circuit Court would place a ban on all Zombie killings until their "immigration status" was resolved.

Zombies coming from Central and South America would be given identity cards, tax breaks and free medical care.

And the Green Beret's would be fighting alongside the Zombies in Calif, NY, Mass. Washington DC, Chicago, Colorado, Oregon, etc etc etc.....

And only after taking back the United States the Green Berets would send all the Zombies to the Middle East. We'd then secure our borders, tell the Canucks they are on their own and have a large BBQ party in Texas.
Old 02-08-2015, 15:18   #73
PatrickS
Asset

Ok, true. And apart from the zombie immigration issue I completely ignored the main aspect.

It's probably because I keep forgetting that people being eaten by zombies has nothing to do with zombies in general because they're creatures of peace.
The ones that eat humans have nothing to do with the peaceful majority of their kind and don't represent the zombie culture.

I'd assume we just failed to understand their motivations and we're not doing enough to integrate them into our human society. Maybe it would help to give up certain elements of free speech and personal freedom in general. After all, some aspects of our culture might be offensive towards the undead.

And we're both in trouble TS. Neither of us used the pc term "walker". Refering to them as zombies might even be a hate crime.

btw (and completely OT)

Thinking of great tv shows, I'd like to see this:

A show concept that would allow you to combine the QP & the chef parts of your personality.
The show would mainly consist of you travelling through the United States, looking for, identifying and eventually busting SF frauds. Along the hunting trip you collect cooking ingredients and after the phonies are sentenced to imprisonment you prepare and serve them the last meal they'll have as free men.
(Admittedly this would require a revival of the stolen valor act of 2005 and the introduction of more severe sentences, but Hollywood producers can probably get pretty much everything done)

You'd have fun and there would finally be a cooking show worth watching.

Last edited by PatrickS; 02-08-2015 at 15:22.
Old 02-08-2015, 22:30   #74
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post

Thinking of great tv shows, I'd like to see this:

A show concept that would allow you to combine the QP & the chef parts of your personality.
The show would mainly consist of you travelling through the United States, looking for, identifying and eventually busting SF frauds. Along the hunting trip you collect cooking ingredients and after the phonies are sentenced to imprisonment you prepare and serve them the last meal they'll have as free men.
(Admittedly this would require a revival of the stolen valor act of 2005 and the introduction of more severe sentences, but Hollywood producers can probably get pretty much everything done)

You'd have fun and there would finally be a cooking show worth watching.
Don't hold your breath.... The closet I've been to TV was a few news interviews concerning green beret frauds. That's enough for me...
Old 02-09-2015, 01:00   #75
PatrickS
Asset

While kicking the shit outta them might me a decent solution I guess it'd be considered non pc and inappropriate for tv viewers. So how about applying some mental pressure/ increasing the stress level?

Knocking on their front door and then....

"Listen! Washington's decided to deal with ISIS for real this time. You've been REACTIVATED. We need experienced men that keep their calm when things get messy. You'll be issued a G17 with the grip enhanced gangsta style & a scruffy AK. You know, we wanna keep it low profile. 6-man teams only and you're the team leader of course. Other 5 are all SF. You probably know them. I mean it's a small community, right? They're all happy to be working with a combat proven brother.
We're deploying first thing in the morning. By the way, are you HALO-qualified? Ah, why would I even be asking this? You probably invented that shit. Anyways, don't get fucking killed, alright. Good luck!"

Then follow them with hidden cameras and, well, enjoy the show.