Old 10-03-2011, 18:41   #61
SF18C
Quiet Professional

anonymous + internet = dumbass
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tampons.jpg (24.4 KB, 108 views)
"De Oppresso Liber"

Nomination for PS.com Quote of the Decade!
SF18C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 20:03   #62
219seminole
Guerrilla

As a guest in this house, this thread provided me with lots of amusement over the weekend. After reading the OP I could hardly wait for the ARCLIGHT to begin.

Considering that his name is Mad Dog I thought him to be rather delicate of feelings.

Will there be more?
219seminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 20:14   #63
Snaquebite
Area Commander

GREAT response TR....

Maybe mad dog is just going through a bad time of the month and needs one of these...

og napkin.jpg

DADT

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"

Last edited by Snaquebite; 10-03-2011 at 20:24.
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 20:21   #64
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 219seminole View Post
As a guest in this house, this thread provided me with lots of amusement over the weekend. After reading the OP I could hardly wait for the ARCLIGHT to begin.

Considering that his name is Mad Dog I thought him to be rather delicate of feelings.

Will there be more?
Why do you feel compelled to comment in this thread at this time? Are you a closet attention whore asking for some of the same type of attention that MD is getting right now, but are just too shy to ask?

I am of the opinion that anyone dumb enough to run INTO an impact area might be a good candidate for elimination from the gene pool.

I think the QPs commenting in this thread are doing fine by themselves without any help.
Old 10-03-2011, 20:50   #65
219seminole
Guerrilla

No foul intended, but it is in the General Discussion and not higher up in the list.

Apologies.
219seminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:17   #66
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
You know, that quote was a long way from this one below.

Maybe you should have taken some of that advice you dispensed so freely just a few weeks ago.

Let me break this down for you.

I quit counting memorial services for my brothers when I had attended 21 of them. Imagine a couple of your best friends being killed every month for ten years. That is what we are dealing with now. Mistakes get people killed. Doing the right thing can get people killed. Helping people can get you killed. And sometimes, doing nothing at all can get people killed as well. We are people who have serious jobs, and have to have a serious attitude. People who fail to follow simple instructions piss us off.

Have you spent a lot of Christmases in some austere location, missing your family? Have you gone a year without a beer, because someone else thought you should? Have you been injured risking your life for people you do not even know, and who probably wouldn't like you or appreciate it if they did? I am not altogether certain that people who do not have to deploy, shower, sleep, and share blood with their coworkers should be telling us who we have to accept and how we should change our attitudes. My beliefs are my own. Not an apology, or an excuse. Just the way it is. BTW, what you have done for your country today?

Some of us are pretty damn funny, too. It helps to break the tension. Occasionally.

Most of us are fathers. We do FID and UW in some of the worst places on this planet to help the locals out. We get the helping people grow and guiding those less fortunate than ourselves bit. At the same time, as noted, this is our house, and you are a guest. You are entitled to express your opinion. Respectfully. Do not be surprised if people disagree with you. If you do not put down the shovel in time, then you run the risk of getting dogpiled. Probably happens some in one of those bars you mentioned. Someone has one too many, opens his mouth at the wrong place and time, and gets knocked on his ass. If he is smart, he shuts up, nurses his next drink, and comes back again for another night. Or he can open his mouth again and make it worse. Sometimes, much worse. You know the deal.

Things will occasionally get heated among ourselves, but mutual respect is always afforded to brothers, and we try not to make our pissing contests public. You are not a brother. You are not even the friend of a brother. You will not get that tolerance here for a long time, if ever.

If reading this board and the way we act disturbs you, visit another of the millions of forums out there. I don't come here to read what you think about us, good, bad, or indifferent. I don't care what you think. I believe that life is too short to be concerned with you and your opinions. If you want to stay, accept the rules we place on guests and conduct yourself accordingly. If you really want to jock up and be one of the brothers, see a recruiter. Once you have a beret, a couple of years on a team, and a deployment or two, come back, get vetted, and jump right in with both feet. If you are a brother, and you piss off a guest, I will always have your back, at least publicly.

If this offends you as well, and you are still experiencing severe vaginal pain, complete this attached form and submit it to any admin here for initial disapproval. Resubmit in 90 days for final disapproval.

Have a very SF day.

TR
Excellent response TR,if he doesn't get that message now,I doubt he ever will...

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:15   #67
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
You know, that quote was a long way from this one below.

Maybe you should have taken some of that advice you dispensed so freely just a few weeks ago.

Let me break this down for you.

I quit counting memorial services for my brothers when I had attended 21 of them. Imagine a couple of your best friends being killed every month for ten years. That is what we are dealing with now. Mistakes get people killed. Doing the right thing can get people killed. Helping people can get you killed. And sometimes, doing nothing at all can get people killed as well. We are people who have serious jobs, and have to have a serious attitude. People who fail to follow simple instructions piss us off.

Have you spent a lot of Christmases in some austere location, missing your family? Have you gone a year without a beer, because someone else thought you should? Have you been injured risking your life for people you do not even know, and who probably wouldn't like you or appreciate it if they did? I am not altogether certain that people who do not have to deploy, shower, sleep, and share blood with their coworkers should be telling us who we have to accept and how we should change our attitudes. My beliefs are my own. Not an apology, or an excuse. Just the way it is. BTW, what you have done for your country today?

Some of us are pretty damn funny, too. It helps to break the tension. Occasionally.

Most of us are fathers. We do FID and UW in some of the worst places on this planet to help the locals out. We get the helping people grow and guiding those less fortunate than ourselves bit. At the same time, as noted, this is our house, and you are a guest. You are entitled to express your opinion. Respectfully. Do not be surprised if people disagree with you. If you do not put down the shovel in time, then you run the risk of getting dogpiled. Probably happens some in one of those bars you mentioned. Someone has one too many, opens his mouth at the wrong place and time, and gets knocked on his ass. If he is smart, he shuts up, nurses his next drink, and comes back again for another night. Or he can open his mouth again and make it worse. Sometimes, much worse. You know the deal.

Things will occasionally get heated among ourselves, but mutual respect is always afforded to brothers, and we try not to make our pissing contests public. You are not a brother. You are not even the friend of a brother. You will not get that tolerance here for a long time, if ever.

If reading this board and the way we act disturbs you, visit another of the millions of forums out there. I don't come here to read what you think about us, good, bad, or indifferent. I don't care what you think. I believe that life is too short to be concerned with you and your opinions. If you want to stay, accept the rules we place on guests and conduct yourself accordingly. If you really want to jock up and be one of the brothers, see a recruiter. Once you have a beret, a couple of years on a team, and a deployment or two, come back, get vetted, and jump right in with both feet. If you are a brother, and you piss off a guest, I will always have your back, at least publicly.

If this offends you as well, and you are still experiencing severe vaginal pain, complete this attached form and submit it to any admin here for initial disapproval. Resubmit in 90 days for final disapproval.

Have a very SF day.

TR

Wow, aint that all to familiar...good post...so true..
Old 10-04-2011, 06:41   #68
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
Excellent response TR,if he doesn't get that message now,I doubt he ever will...

Big Teddy
Big Teddy,

I doubt he ever will. Some can. Some can't. I think, from his response to the initial "counseling sessions," that he falls into the latter category.

On a lighter note, can we change his name to "Mad Dog 20/20"!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:49   #69
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
Big Teddy,

I doubt he ever will. Some can. Some can't. I think, from his response to the initial "counseling sessions," that he falls into the latter category.

On a lighter note, can we change his name to "Mad Dog 20/20"!
I second that. Change his name, then ban him.
Old 10-04-2011, 14:43   #70
Stras
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02hd View Post
I think MaddogG is absolutely right!!! I have always felt intimidated and pressured by many of the QP's who post here, and now I know I am not only not alone but my feelings are justified thanks to the heroic and courageous post of our esteemed guest.

Hell I want to buy this man a beer!!! Problem is I wouldn't recognize him if I struck out to is neck of the woods. So I would like to announce right now that I have a bar tab with his name on it waiting at Charlie Mikes just outside of Bragg if he, or anyone else who feels slighted by the warrior elite who endlessly boast of their feats and care little about those others around them, would like to come claim it.

All you have to do is walk in and announce how fucked up Green Berets are, and that you have the shoulders and skin thick enough to speak your mind! Say it loudly and proudly! I find that the truth spoken loudly from strangers who visit is usually the most liberating!!!

I truly feel as if a new chapter in my life is about to begin!
I'l even buy round two for him....

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote