Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 11-03-2020, 15:50   #16
Penn
Area Commander

My wife, native NYer, made a statement that really eased my uncertainty concerning the outcome of this election: "do you think they are boarding up all the storefronts in the city because there's going to be a blue wave"? Trump is going to win, it may be messy, but I think she correct.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 16:51   #17
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
My wife, native NYer, made a statement that really eased my uncertainty concerning the outcome of this election: "do you think they are boarding up all the storefronts in the city because there's going to be a blue wave"? Trump is going to win, it may be messy, but I think she correct.
Great statement. Hope she's right!
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 17:30   #18
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Polls near me have been reportedly light traffic all day. Apparently everyone voted early and not many undecided voters left.

I think that speaks volumes about which candidate was chosen long before they marched Uncle Joe out as the opponent.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 17:55   #19
7624U
Quiet Professional

Wrote in Joe Biden for his 48th year in the Senate.
now that's done waiting for the results

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 18:02   #20
Gypsy
Area Commander

Excellent post as always TR.

Old 11-03-2020, 20:55   #21
Badger52
Area Commander

Election machinery - outside the hive

Here we went down to the building at the fairgrounds, normally used for the kids' 4H exhibits at the County Fair each year, as well as gunshows. Ya know, space, expected turnout, that fire station with the trucks moved out probably will be too small, that kinda thing... Because of the Chinese Communist virus there was no fair this year, so a bunch of really hard work by really good kids didn't get its due. (Over the summer I bought a boatload of preserves from one young gal who setup a table at the Farmer's market. I give her a Best in Show or whatever that equivalent is.)

The ID is verified, address is verified, signature is verified, and this is done by TWO septagenarian ladies with scowls so serious they probably did shift-accounting for the COMSEC "cookies" together in an old ICBM silo. Then they record the number of the ballot to be given, one proceeds to another person not scowling quite so much, gets the heavy paper ballot and moves on to a booth.

The method here is a connection of a line, using a standard #2 pencil (or Sharpie usually) connecting 2 arrow-heads next to a candidate's name. Then this heavy cardstock paper is carried over to the optical scanner that receives it and "ting!" displays the vote number (through that machine, that day, I was # 751). In between visits by standard voters is a young volunteer just standing there with about a 3" thick stack of mailed-in or true absentee ballots that go into the same machine - there is no "backroom counting" of mailed in stuff. When he has an opening he takes them and shoves them, one by one, into the machine.

These have previously received the scrutiny of another team of ICBM silo workers for their acceptability, so the young man stuffing the machine is really at the low-end of the chain but the procedure is important and he seemed to relish it. Literally whistling while he worked.

At exit, one either keeps the #2 pencil or drops it in a Tupperware® bowl where they'll be snagged periodically and sanitized. We both kept ours; HH6 for a crossword she had in the vehicle and, besides, God loves a nice sharp #2 pencil. By now it's Belgian Waffle time, don't you think?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 21:00   #22
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Here we went down to the building at the fairgrounds, normally used for the kids' 4H exhibits at the County Fair each year, as well as gunshows. Ya know, space, expected turnout, that fire station with the trucks moved out probably will be too small, that kinda thing... Because of the Chinese Communist virus there was no fair this year, so a bunch of really hard work by really good kids didn't get its due. (Over the summer I bought a boatload of preserves from one young gal who setup a table at the Farmer's market. I give her a Best in Show or whatever that equivalent is.)

The ID is verified, address is verified, signature is verified, and this is done by TWO septagenarian ladies with scowls so serious they probably did shift-accounting for the COMSEC "cookies" together in an old ICBM silo. Then they record the number of the ballot to be given, one proceeds to another person not scowling quite so much, gets the heavy paper ballot and moves on to a booth.

The method here is a connection of a line, using a standard #2 pencil (or Sharpie usually) connecting 2 arrow-heads next to a candidate's name. Then this heavy cardstock paper is carried over to the optical scanner that receives it and "ting!" displays the vote number (through that machine, that day, I was # 751). In between visits by standard voters is a young volunteer just standing there with about a 3" thick stack of mailed-in or true absentee ballots that go into the same machine - there is no "backroom counting" of mailed in stuff. When he has an opening he takes them and shoves them, one by one, into the machine.

These have previously received the scrutiny of another team of ICBM silo workers for their acceptability, so the young man stuffing the machine is really at the low-end of the chain but the procedure is important and he seemed to relish it. Literally whistling while he worked.

At exit, one either keeps the #2 pencil or drops it in a Tupperware® bowl where they'll be snagged periodically and sanitized. We both kept ours; HH6 for a crossword she had in the vehicle and, besides, God loves a nice sharp #2 pencil. By now it's Belgian Waffle time, don't you think?
That is almost funny, if it weren’t so serious.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 04:42   #23
Pete
Quiet Professional

Meanwhile the Philly vote mills have cranked up to overdrive.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:05   #24
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

PA Voting

Since the PA Supreme Court legalized cheating and voter fraud, the Philly voting machine has a few extra days to crank up additional votes. Everything I’ve read indicates POTUS has the lead. Governor and his ilk are doing everything to avoid calling it for 45.

Turnout was tremendous at our local polling station. YYYUUUUUUUGGGGE. The number of MAGA and KAGA hats and shirts was astounding, considering the number of Demorats that supposedly live around here.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:12   #25
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Meanwhile the Philly vote mills have cranked up to overdrive.
Cached totes have been coming out from the storage lockers.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 11-04-2020, 06:53   #26
Gypsy
Area Commander

Badger that is an excellent recap, I also voted at the fairgrounds by me and the experience was a mirror. I actually pulled out my own pen and they’re like no no you need to use this one. I didn’t keep mine
Old 11-04-2020, 10:44   #27
Badger52
Area Commander

Picture a state...

(apologies to Rod Serling)

The graph spikes (straight vertical for Biden) when "more votes" are tallied (maybe "injected" would be a better word) in at least a couple of states is, well, I ain't no statistimagician but someone sure the hell is.
Harrumph!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hang-on-we-found-more-votes.jpg (43.3 KB, 45 views)

Old 11-04-2020, 11:18   #28
frostfire
Area Commander

Nothing new

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
What I find fascinating is how duped the progs are by their very own pollsters they got it wrong WE THE PEOPLE were right and they were very very wrong. I suspect that the polling firms are fired the progs are going to clean house. Goebbels would have been proud and may even have learned a thing or two every classical propaganda available was used to dishearten and disillusion the people of this country, the starpower from hollywood and music failed, the bold faced lies of mainstream media doing everything in their power to create hatred, distrust for Trump. The image of Trump branding the commercials the pro Hillary ads the great one the POTUS himself campaigning for her. Other countries were involved with the message of the progs. At the end of the day Americans said enough of the agenda we want to survive and produce we want a future now the feeling in the air here at FCCO is excitement and hope.
[/COLOR]
I remember the post above.

Regardless of the final tally, the tantrum and gnashing of teeth already started at work “this can’t be happening “ “I’m afraid” “ I fear for my kids””how is this happening “ “can’t believe these people would vote....”

So after 2016, Brexit etc etc people still trust and build expectation on the polls’ prediction?
These are highly educated folks too!
It was amusing in 2016. Now it’s just sad.
I truly blame the MSM. The same TTP that’s illegal for MISO to deploy domestically are being used liberally. All pun intended.
It seems the more intellectual ( and prideful), the more susceptible.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:29   #29
bblhead672
Area Commander

I'm not sure why anyone who voted for Biden is anxious and gnashing their teeth....looking like their guy is going to win based upon what I'm seeing on Faux News.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:55   #30
Box
Quiet Professional

The actions of ruling class and their media court jesters are more in line with a hot game of Calvinball than anything that vaguely resembles the ethical administration of a national government.

its a brave new worlds out there - now might just be the time to move to Oregon for a big (and now legal) dose of soothing, happiness-producing drugs to make us forget how bad the ruling class has fucked us.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote