Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 11-17-2020, 12:02   #1
Mycroft
Guerrilla

Another email from Miller

I figured each time a SECDEF sends out a letter it is worth reading. It's very rare that it happens, but not with this guy!

https://media.defense.gov/2020/Nov/1..._FOD_FINAL.PDF

MEMORANDUM FOR ALL DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE EMPLOYEES

SUBJECT: Message to the Department-Acting Secretary Miller's Goals

During my first week as the Acting Secretary of Defense, I have once again seen firsthand the caliber and commitment of the women and men of the Department of Defense. The American public places their highest trust and confidence in our Armed Forces because of your unfailing devotion to the Constitution, the country, and the mission.

Building on the message and vision I set forth on Friday, I am now providing a more finite and precise statement of my goals while leading this organization:

Bring the current war to an end in a responsible manner that guarantees the security of our citizens.

Continue implementing the National Defense Strategy with emphasis on transforming the Department for great power competition and the expected future strategic environment.

Accelerate the Department's activities to contribute to our whole-of-government efforts to combat transnational threats.

As we embark on this clear path forward, I often reflect on the simple, yet powerful, leadership mantra of the incomparable football coach, Bill Belichick, "Do your job." We are a team, and that should be our mindset.

Focus on your assignment. Complete the task at hand. And if each one of us does so to the best of our abilities, nothing can stop us from achieving our objectives and successfully accomplishing the mission. That is what I am committed to doing every single day as your Secretary.

I am incapable of describing just how much I appreciate your stalwart service to our Nation and look forward to supporting your great efforts to protect the American people.

Christopher C. Miller
Acting
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 16:50   #2
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Do your job
-The Hoodie

Imagine that

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 17:48   #3
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

This time it’s a late afternoon margarita and a freedom boner! (Which is different than morning wood.)

I like a guy who talks straight, doesn’t mince his words and gets right to the point.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote