Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 06-28-2010, 01:28   #316
Stingray
Guerrilla

Blitzing

Hello Blitz,

As per your advice I dumped the military press. My mp reps were not going any where and my chest press actually went down. Only by a couple reps, but down. Since, my chest press reps have improved a lot. Great tip.

Two questions.
1. What do I do if my machine weight increments exceed the % increases used in the system?

2. This has happened a couple of times. Going through the sequence, and someone jumps on the machine before I get there. How long is too long to wait and move on to the next excersice and come back? I have hesitated doing this since I haven't waited longer than 45 seconds or so. But thought I would check.

Thanks Blitz.

Sincerely,

"In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance, My head is bloody, but unbowed." William Ernest Henley
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:11   #317
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Hello Blitz,

As per your advice I dumped the military press. My mp reps were not going any where and my chest press actually went down. Only by a couple reps, but down. Since, my chest press reps have improved a lot. Great tip.

Two questions.
1. What do I do if my machine weight increments exceed the % increases used in the system?
First, Never round up. Secondly I use wrist/ankle weights that have 1 lb pockets and add or subtract as needed.

2. This has happened a couple of times. Going through the sequence, and someone jumps on the machine before I get there. How long is too long to wait and move on to the next excersice and come back? I have hesitated doing this since I haven't waited longer than 45 seconds or so. But thought I would check.
On this one its best to be with in 4 minutes but you could go out to 10.
Thanks Blitz.

Sincerely,
Hope this helps. Blitzzz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 23:32   #318
Stingray
Guerrilla

Blitzzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
Hope this helps. Blitzzz
Yes sir it does. Thank you.

Sincerely,

"In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance, My head is bloody, but unbowed." William Ernest Henley
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 00:27   #319
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Blitz replys

Hey guys, there are about 250 of you out there who have copies of the Blitz. It would be nice to see some post with success or failures and any related problem. Your comments may help others who share similar issues or successes. Blitzzz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-08-2010, 03:36   #320
Irishsquid
Guerrilla

Blitzzz,

Here's my results (don't have the exact numbers, so it will be qualitative, not quantitative.)

First 2 weeks, massive increase in endurance on all exercises.

Next 3 weeks, rapid increase in strength.

Lat pull, added more than 80 lbs to the max...increases in other areas were not as dramatic, but were still impressive.

5 weeks is the longest I have been able, thus far, to maintain the blitz protocol. Life got in the way...or rather, I allowed other things to take precedence over my workout.

Edit: while I did see an impressive increase in strength and endurance, I saw no noticeable improvement in my runs, either in time or distance.
Irishsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:48   #321
dmgedgoods
Guerrilla

While I was in the rear, it took about 3 weeks before I saw substantial increase in endurance. Strength followed that curve as well. Another week or so after that, strength was greatly improved. Since I have deployed, I have been limited on what I can do Blitz-wise. As soon as I redeploy, I plan on getting back on track. Equipment was a consistent issue. Free weights helped with this, but I still feel that there was no way for me to maximize the impact of the program. With free weights, form is of utmost importance, so there was some time lost to making sure form was always correct.

It might be important to note that I have used the program to supplement other workouts I was doing at the time. This included lots of medicine ball work, and lots of equipment-free body weight work. If I can focus on just the Blitz once again when I redeploy, I feel I can be back on my game. I was able to keep a good running and rucking program on line while doing the Blitz. This is a program that is easy to mingle with the SF Prep program and even the get Selected workout program.

Another thing...It's hard to get people to follow a new workout scheme. I have found myself running solo on many Blitz days. Maybe it's a comfort issue for some? New ideas scare people sometimes, and maybe that's why it's hard to get a good group participation.

Mack
Old 08-08-2010, 12:01   #322
forward
Asset

Quote:
Another thing...It's hard to get people to follow a new workout scheme. I have found myself running solo on many Blitz days. Maybe it's a comfort issue for some? New ideas scare people sometimes, and maybe that's why it's hard to get a good group participation.
Run it solo! People will see the results you are getting then start pinging you on what you are doing. Maybe it is a comfort thing, because lets be honest, Blitzing is a tough mental exercise as well as physical.

Blitzzz,

Been holding down sustainment workouts once or twice a week. Just keeping the weights at the max previously established. Sometimes my numbers will fluctuate below my goal reps on a set but not more than 5 below. I think it is just externals such as lack of sleep, time of day, other workouts, etc.

Still hurts like a hot iron though! Mentally, not in my joints or muscles. It has incorporated well into running and rucking and cross training cardio. Though I noticed a need to be selective about scheduling. Rucking 12+ following a Blitz day is tough.

I am debating once my work load lightens up to try and shift back to 3 times a week and see if I can squeeze another couple pounds out of some of the exercises.

Thanks again Sir.

v/r,

Forward
Old 09-29-2010, 08:02   #323
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Just curious.

I'd be curious to find out if there any folks out there that prepared for SFAS by Blitzing. How do you feel the increased endurance helped with the mental drains.
Blitzzz

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-04-2010, 18:21   #324
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

A little Blitz up Date...

It was presented to students at TSU for a test run prior to the scheduled study.
These students will be acting as "trainers for the students in the study.
I'm happier now that the ball is rolling.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-19-2010, 09:12   #325
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Just a note.

"Blitzing" and "The Sixties" is Published in the Army's "Building The Soldier Athlete".

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-19-2010, 17:15   #326
MILON
Guerrilla

Awesome blitz! Glad to hear the program continues to be promoted!
MILON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 00:29   #327
ksboi
Asset

blitzz workout

I took a few days off from my workout and I am starting the blitzz workout today. It should be to try something new. Will post comments in a month or so.
ksboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 14:25   #328
Green Light
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzzz View Post
I'd be curious to find out if there any folks out there that prepared for SFAS by Blitzing. How do you feel the increased endurance helped with the mental drains.
Blitzzz
I'm not willing to go through selection phase again to test it out, but I have been using it since you sent me the program in May.

For those who don't know where I was, I had 3 cervical vertibrae fused three years ago (from an old jump injury) and was having chronic back pain in the lower lumbar spine. I also had chronic hip pain from spinal stenosis and a bulging disc. I couldn't walk around the block without being out of commission for hours. Needless to say, my fitness level was at an all-time low.

I was interested in tracking my fitness progress so I kept workout results so I could have some sort of comparison. I kept track of work by exercise using a basic weight x repetitions formula (I've converted everything to foot pounds lately so later I can keep track of total work).

Here's the exercises and improvements:

Heel Raises 113.21%
Chest Press 234.29%
Fly 1408.24%
Leg Raises 537.50%
Bicep Curl 427.98%
Lat Pulls 523.94%
Crunches 383.40%

The weights that I'm using still aren't earth shattering and where I started was pretty low, but this has helped my health more than anything I've used in years.

I was originally doing leg curls but the pain became pretty bad and constant from the spinal problem and I dropped it. I've added aerobic stuff on alternate days (with sundays off).

I've taken off 34 pounds and put on a great deal of muscle mass. This is the best workout plan I've ever seen. I haven't had any joint problems and the gains have come almost weekly, sometimes daily. I'm impressed that it takes a bit more than an hour for a good workout. (I do mine at the gym from 0230 to 0330; there's only one other guy there and I can move quickly from machine to machine).

Here's the big payoff: my pain has almost vanished. I still have a "stitch" or two in the neck and shoulders and my right leg hasn't felt this good in years. I know that the spinal problem will need attention eventually, but this is buying me some good time before going back under the knife.

Now the downside: none of my clothes fit anymore.

Great program, Dave! I'm hooked on it.

"If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference does it make to me?"
TJ
Green Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:23   #329
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

I am posting this PM to me for the benefit of others.

Originally Posted by Blitzzz
I am very appreciative of your post, Thank you.
I am very glad for your health improvements and will assist you in any thing that may help further. I have never doubted the Blitz for all of it's benefits to a patron of it's use.
Results have always amazed me in their consistency.
Again, thank you. Someday I'd like to get it into the groups as a primary Fitness system.
Dave Boltz

Honestly Dave, If we would have had this back in the day, there would have been a lot better fitness and IMO fewer injuries. There were all sorts of theories on what we needed to do to maximize fitness and no one really had a good one. The daily dozen and scuba Pt were the only two I knew and both had major limitations.

I'm really impressed with it. When I read the science behind it, it made sense. I went ahead and went for it. I'm healthier now than I was when I retired.

Keep us posted. I think this is a real breakthrough in the field. Thanks for sending it to me. Now my wife is working out three times a week, too.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-28-2010, 19:42   #330
pplstrigger
SF Candidate

Success

Alcon - This is a copy of a PM i sent to Blitz. Per his request I am posting it as it was sent to him. For what its worth, in my opinion, the Blitz program works.

"Dave- Just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I graduated the Q on 01OCT. Thank you for the advice you gave me a few years ago when I requested a copy of your Blitz program. Your words did not fall on deaf ears. I am back Blitzing while also continuing to pursue my love of mountain bike racing and triathlon."

pplstrigger is offline   Reply With Quote