Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 03-08-2010, 10:13   #196
suede18
SF Candidate

With consistant action you'll improve your run times. Try running in intervals i.e. sprints for 30 seconds, then jog for that time, sprint 45 seconds, then jog or walk that time etc. Get with an experienced runner that could let you in on tips that has worked for them. The best way to get what you want is to ask intelligent questions from those who know.

Civil: When will you be leaving for BCT?
suede18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 15:20   #197
civil
Asset

suede18 - As soon as my medical records are sent over I will go down to MEPS with my recruiter and get my date, he is expecting my ship date to be 3 months.

(had surgery a few months ago, recruiter says no problem with that and my surgeon wrote me a glowing note clearing me of any restrictions)
civil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 15:23   #198
suede18
SF Candidate

Best of luck to you and keep up the hard work. It will pay off in the future.
Old 03-08-2010, 15:32   #199
suede18
SF Candidate

Blitz file as of today.

Heres how Ive progressed since Feb 18. Ive not yet reached the 8 week point but thought the results thus far were worth sharing. Ill update in the future prior to leaving for ft. benning.

Note: *Blitzzz and I started my program early during January but didnt keep a consistant rountine going due to his equipment being outdoors during the coldest month of the year.

*My blitzing is done on the Weider Crossbar machine. Its older and the weights are not exact as the should be.

Anyway enjoy and let me know what you all think,

WL
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wade's blitz file.pdf (38.1 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by suede18; 03-08-2010 at 15:42. Reason: add
Old 03-09-2010, 07:03   #200
civil
Asset

suede18 - Just curious do you know how your numbers on the Weider Crossbar machine compare to using free-weights?

I have been using free-weights and am just curious.
civil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:49   #201
zeke
Asset

suede18, it might be interesting to do an APFT at times during the Blitzz program to see how your scores change. Just a thought.
zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53   #202
suede18
SF Candidate

civil- thats a good question and Id like to know as much as you. The weights coucld be as much as 5lbs off but no more than 10.

zeke-as im eligable to take my official apft next week you can bet Ive been doing such. Not during my blitz workout as that would offset the routine.

Last edited by suede18; 03-09-2010 at 08:55. Reason: just for zeke
Old 03-10-2010, 21:07   #203
Riflecop1
Asset

I've seen some posts on this thread about using free weights instead of machines to Blitz but no references to calisthenics. Has anyone successfully applied the Blitz protocol to a calisthenic workout?

I can see how it could be problematic because the program calls for establishing a start point using 1/3 of 1RM. But with some excersise modifications and a little experimentation with rep ranges it doesn't seem like the problems would be insurmountable.

I'm interested in trying the Blitz program but I much prefer calisthenics to free weights or machines.

Regards,

Riflecop1
Old 03-10-2010, 23:18   #204
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

I am curious if any of you guys who have been doing this program measured your 1-Rep Max on any of the major lifts (bench, dead-lift, back-squat, front-squat, push-press, squat-clean, etc and free-hanging pull-ups) with free-weights before and during/after this workout program or if your strength gains were measured entirely with cables? If free weights were used, I would be interested in seeing the numbers.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 03-10-2010 at 23:21.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 20:09   #205
Stingray
Guerrilla

Blitz and running for APFT?

Seeking advice on work out routine.
I am working on lowering my 2 mile run time. I will be starting the Blitz workout tomorrow. My question is where do you position your run days around the blitz 3 workout days per week? Or are you not running while on the program?
I am not a strong runner and I am worried about taking running completely out of the schedule. I am still working on conditioning the small muscles of the lower leg. The vertical muscle that runs just outside of the shin bone is still tightening up when I get fatigued.
Anyone have ideas while Blitzz is out this month? I want to smoke the running section at the end of April.

Sincerely,

"In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance, My head is bloody, but unbowed." William Ernest Henley
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 22:08   #206
suede18
SF Candidate

Crip- No I dont have free weights available but if/when I do ill be sure to record the max reps and weights in comparison to cable weights and let you know.

Stingray-I run 15-20 mins every morning in prep for official apft coming up next thursday. Im not a pro or expert runner nor do I act as if I am therefore others can answer your question more satisfactory, as for me I have Lots of room to improve. By working leg extensions, hamstring curls, and calf raises I have seen my 2 mile run times improve dramatically and an overall long distance gain as well. Good luck with your test, hope ya max it!

Last edited by suede18; 03-11-2010 at 22:17.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:58   #207
JumpinJoe1010
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric View Post
I am curious if any of you guys who have been doing this program measured your 1-Rep Max on any of the major lifts (bench, dead-lift, back-squat, front-squat, push-press, squat-clean, etc and free-hanging pull-ups) with free-weights before and during/after this workout program or if your strength gains were measured entirely with cables? If free weights were used, I would be interested in seeing the numbers.

Crip
My numbers are on one of the first pages of this thread. The only max which comes to mind is my begging max on bench, and it was 230. I have moved twice since using Blitz's system, so I can't find any numbers.

I used a mixture of cables and free weights and saw large rep increases overall. I eventually was adding the increments prescribed by Blitz, because I was achieving my calculated goals. My overall endurance and physical fitness was phenomenal compared to any fitness program I have ever did.

"Men who live by playing with knowledge may be called scholars, but they can never be men of wisdom." Hiratsuka Raicho
JumpinJoe1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 20:15   #208
Riflecop1
Asset

Okay, I've tried to PM Milon and 98G for a copy of the Blitz program but evidently my PM isn't functioning properly; I've sent three PMs yet my Sent Items folder still says (0 Messages).

I do have one message in my Inbox so evidently that works.

I would like a copy of the Blitz program. Can someone who is able to send a copy PM me?

Thank you,

Riflecop1
Old 03-12-2010, 20:32   #209
suede18
SF Candidate

riflecop- PM coming in hot!
Old 03-12-2010, 21:26   #210
Riflecop1
Asset

Strange, I just got PMs from both Stingray and suede18. I tried to respond to them both with my email and the message still wouldn't send.

I'm going to post my email for a copy of the Bllitz program. Please, this is my work email so no wierd stuff.

kjones@ci.jackson.wy.us

Thank you