Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
So, 300 plus one?

...coincidence?
Didn't we ban that guy?
Old 06-20-2014, 06:18   #17
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Just read an article on CNN where the writer uses a quote from a highly qualified source (some Marine sergeant) who asserts that the advisors will be composed of Navy SEALs and Army Rangers, as they are the best fighters the US has. Seriously.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:44   #18
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
So, 300 plus one?

...coincidence?
Please don't put Ms. Pelosi's pic up again here.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:19   #19
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
TR, you may have just hit the nail on the head with that one. If they're captured, they're trade material and voila - Gitmo's emptied and a campaign promise is fulfilled.
I'm surprised the White House has not called you for a strategy meeting.
Old 06-20-2014, 14:05   #20
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
If they're captured, they're trade material
That's the new E&E plan. Keeps support costs to a minimum.

LHC
Old 06-20-2014, 14:58   #21
Snaquebite
Area Commander

As Allen West said ..."Obama is a magician. Yesterday he stated he was deploying 300 advisors to Iraq. Today the White House announced they are already there -- presto chango hopeo and voila! Boy howdy, this guy is good."

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 17:24   #22
Nonstop24/7
Asset

IMHO TR has summed it up very well. Knowing how big of lies that Obama and John Kerry tell, there is a very high probability of disaster of this type of deployment. The explosive politics of the Iraqi government is not going in the right direction. It is hard to ADVISE a military force on the run.
Nonstop24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 15:15   #23
Paragrouper
Quiet Professional

I doubt that many outside of the military share my opinion, but I consider the members of our military to be one of our greatest national treasures and I do not believe they should be spent in such a reckless manner.

To those who get tapped for this one; I will be praying for your safe and speedy return. Stay Hard.

DOL

"Beware the fury of of the patient man." ~John Dryden
Paragrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 16:15   #24
LarryW
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragrouper View Post
I doubt that many outside of the military share my opinion, but I consider the members of our military to be one of our greatest national treasures and I do not believe they should be spent in such a reckless manner.

To those who get tapped for this one; I will be praying for your safe and speedy return. Stay Hard.

DOL
Amen, and well said, sir. I hope the mission and exit strategy are both crystal clear, but there's something tells me neither are. Being the incurable optimist, I continue to hope that this isn't just a political move to give the impression that this administration gives a rats-ass about anything outside the beltway.

Anyway, God bless the 300, and may He see them all safely home.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 19:26   #25
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragrouper View Post

DOL
Couldn't agree more. As TR said this is Iraq's mess, let them clean it up.
Old 06-21-2014, 23:04   #26
akv
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragrouper
A great many of us outside the military share your opinion, even in places you might not think. We just don't chirp as much as the ungrateful ones.
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:07   #27
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Couldn't agree more. As TR said this is Iraq's mess, let them clean it up.
Yes let them clean it up. Better yet the Arab League of Nations should be doing it with our diplomatic pushing of them. We have so many military training missions in different Arab countries. Along with civilian corporations also doing military training in many different Arab nations that could come in do what we're going to be doing there. I say support the League, but not this Iraqi POS Goverment. They have been non supportive of our plans, wants and request. So why send in a hand few to show we are in support of one side. Once we align any of our troops, drop one bomb we have aligned ourselves to one ethic group and regionally align ourselves to a point.

You think it's a soup sandwich now, wait in two to four weeks. Some thick chicken soup and rye bread is going to be served very soon by this administration.

TR - I think you point of what is the desired end state is the biggest question. Got to love when asking that and the choir say " Who cares let's just get in." I've been there before, sounds great and all Spartan. But when your a thinker and not just thinking about shooting people in the face. You obtain a different preseptuve. This is more of Strength through War. Is that a good Foriegn Policy?

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:57   #28
Javadrinker
Guerrilla

God bless and God hold close and protect the 300 sent in.

This is a mess the Arab league and the Iraqis need to resolve and clean up.
Javadrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:30   #29
Richard
Quiet Professional

WASHINGTON, D.C. - After much legal wrangling between the U.S. and the Iraqi government, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has confirmed the U.S. military will be sending 10,000 green berets to Iraq later this week, Duffel Blog has learned.

At a news conference at the Pentagon, Hagel said he received the directive in a brief phone call from the White House last week, when President Obama told him "to send as many green berets to Iraq as we could." Hagel added, "We were a little puzzled why he didn't want us to send something more useful, like special forces or military advisers, but orders are orders."

"Whatever, they don't pay me to think," he said.

In response to Hagel's statement, the White House spokesman Josh Earnest initially said that there had been some "linguistic confusion." He later added that after careful deliberation President Obama has decided he likes this new plan much better, as it keeps American boots off the ground, and has halted the military's current deployment of 300 barefoot American advisers to Iraq.
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 21:08   #30
Javadrinker
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
entire post
priceless! Thank you, that was great.
Javadrinker is offline   Reply With Quote