Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Special Forces Fieldcraft

Old 03-20-2013, 14:59   #1
Oldschool45B
Auxiliary

RFI on Israeli Combat Training

The name alone already throws me off.... That said, is anyone familiar with these guys and the firearms courses? For someone who has been through SFBCCS and SFAUC, do these guys bring anything to the table that is worth learning or would I be better off utilizing a good coach from the unit and just working on the fundamentals?

One of the local folks is trying to get these guys to come do a class and want a bunch of us to take it at a discount. We all have similar skill sets and schools under our belts, just don't know if it is worth the money or if we should just buy more practice ammo instead.

http://israelicombattraining.com/
Old 03-20-2013, 16:26   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Some of the biggest scams out there are Russian and Israeli tactical training schools as there is no way to verify their "experience".

Have fun.
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 16:42   #3
Oldschool45B
Auxiliary

Yeah, combat or tactical anything is always a GREAT indicator that it is fantasy baseball camp. And having some asshat who is an unknown yell at me is not conducive to having me pay attention to what they are teaching. There is the rub, verifying their credentials. And I am not seeing anything the guys from the unit haven't taught or could teach me better than these guys. And their credentials are not in question.....

Funny how nobody has ever heard of them in the professional training circles. Well not really funny. Why my friends want to take a class from these guys when many of our instructors in the unit are more than happy to train them is beyond me, but I said I would ask.
Old 03-20-2013, 19:49   #4
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Once upon another lifetime, my team conducted a JCET with a unit that had just paid for an Israeli MTT (yes they charged for what we did free!). Our hosts couldn't meet our standards so the first three weeks was wasted teaching them how to do basic marksmanship and CQB. They were appropriately grateful and we were well taken care of in our turn. Maybe you'll have a different experience. Personally, I wouldn't waste the money on anyone whose credentials couldn't be verified; especially since there are a lot of real warriors out there teaching "gunfighting". Good luck.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote