Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-28-2018, 18:06   #61
TWITCHY
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
So lets say we turn our schools into fortresses that defy invasion by the evil doers. How do we propose to adequately protect the masses during the CF that takes place at the height of arrivals in the morning and departures at the end of the day? The Vegas shooter did all his damage in the great outdoors.
CBTENGR, this has always been my concern when picking up my daughter from school. The only thing stopping a vehicle attack is a 4" curb (not too effective). Again, this would be an attack that does not include guns and, most likely, would be way more devastating. Honestly, one vehicle could kill 50 kids -- ON the Spot.
TWITCHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 18:18   #62
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Lucky for us these idiots have not figured this out......yet. They have also not figured out a 12 gauge pump at close range is more devastating than a 223........yet.
Shush

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 19:14   #63
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Grazing fire is so much more effective than plunging fire.

Just sit outside the wire and wait for the afternoon bell to ring.
Rental truck packed with anfo driven or parked outside the gym (ala McV).
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 21:04   #64
Box
Quiet Professional

Instead of an armed faculty, Dr. David Helsel from the Blue Mountain School District has floated a solution that sounds like something dreamed up by Ernest T. Bass...

http://wnep.com/2018/03/22/superinte...hool-shooting/
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 21:40   #65
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I'd be happy with a baseball bat in every classroom......... or for the NE part of the US, a hockey stick.
Old 03-23-2018, 22:12   #66
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I'd be happy with a baseball bat in every classroom......... or for the NE part of the US, a hockey stick.
Make sure they are not those scary Black Bats.... we can not have Assault Bats around our kids and schools it might be a trigger and give them PTSD
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:18   #67
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Make sure they are not those scary Black Bats.... we can not have Assault Bats around our kids and schools it might be a trigger and give them PTSD
In Pink??
I present the SJW Dental Slugger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bat 1.jpg (98.9 KB, 34 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:37   #68
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
In Pink??
I present the SJW Dental Slugger
Now that is so calming! I feel so refreshed...
Old 03-24-2018, 07:05   #69
Joker
Quiet Professional

I bring to you, the AR15 Assault Bat with a large capacity magazine, bayonet lugs, and two handed grips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bat 2.jpg (168.0 KB, 30 views)
Old 03-24-2018, 09:08   #70
cbtengr
Area Commander

Bucket of Rocks

With hockey sticks and bats you got to get up close, however with rocks...........

"‘It’s better than crawling under a desk and getting shot': Pennsylvania school district arms students with STONES so they can 'fight off' active shooters"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooters.html
Old 03-24-2018, 14:33   #71
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Where's the good old wrist rocket when you need one..........
Old 03-25-2018, 04:54   #72
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Where's the good old wrist rocket when you need one..........
Sky Blaster??
https://www.*******.com/watch?v=tjWVuvGTSHI

For the Hard Core, there is

Joerg Sprave

Week-End Special:

The Full Auto, Hi-Capacity, Assault, Black Ops, SEAL NINJA, Pencil Shooter Ballistic Jelly Massacre

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:02   #73
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
I'd be happy with a baseball bat in every classroom.........
Pretty sound idea IMO.
It's rumored that this guy used to be a gym teacher ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg negan batter up.jpg (63.3 KB, 30 views)
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:45   #74
G2squared
Auxiliary

I grew up with a dad that built gun safes for a living and being told that locks only keep honest people honest. And having discussions around preventing easy breaching and general security of home and person. Spending a lot of time thinking about what bad people can and have done and how to prevent it.
Arming the "right" people in a school might work to some degree until it doesn't. FL school had a security guy onsite and look at what happened. Just arming someone doesn't mean they will respond in a way that will prevent people from being killed or injured. This includes police and military. And what happens when that armed person get disarmed by an individual, or several, will ill intent?
Securing schools could work if properly done, until someone skips a step and it doesn't. And it will take A LOT of money and serious education of the citizens on why it cost so much to actually make their children's school safe and not just a few cheap, ineffective feel good measures. Lipstick on Pig.
Changing how our citizens think about personal security (even as little as being aware of their surroundings) and basing decisions on actual facts rather than emotions? That could lead to some changes that could be more effective. Knowing that laws are broken in every instance and that no laws could have been passed that would have prevented these, should logically lead to the understanding that more laws are not the answer. Maybe shoring up the ones we have? That would certainly have reduced the number of incidents. When the Gov't doesn't even talk to itself though, AF not sending information to FBI database as it's supposed to(just one example), what can we use as an example for what has worked? Right hand not talking to the left. We don't even track down and prosecute the "attempted to purchase but got caught by the background check" people.
The system fails again because processes already in place aren't being followed.
Meanwhile home schooling is looking better.

G2
G2squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:49   #75
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
No, they'll not be door kickers, no they will not be qualified at CQB....otoh, what 'training' did the nut job kid have?

What is the first rule of a gunfight.

At least it is a chance.

This is not a new deal...in Israel teachers have fully auto weapons in their classrooms...for good reason.

It can be done.

I think some would 'go hunting'....'someone is killing 'my' kids'.....yes, some would.
When folks say, “Well, that’s how the do it in, fill in the blank, when it come to heavily restricting firearms, I say, “yeah, but this ain’t, fill in the blank, it’s America and we have a completely different mindset than they do.

Unfortunately this applies here as well imo. In Israel, there is compulsory service which means training and familiarity with the weapon platform. The average, hell the majority of the teachers are fully indoctrinated leftists and would faint dead away at the sight of a firearm, much less one of those scary “murder machines”.

Would arming teachers, those willing to take the training, work, I don’t know. But to expect them to have the skill set of the QP’s here is mind boggling. Does this mean they shouldn’t be armed, I can’t say, I’m one of the sheep.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote