Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Team Sergeant's Office > Your Rucksack is in the Hall

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 17:34   #1
snapclap
Banned Loser

what to expect

I am a senior in high school and i just enlisted (18X). Just wondering what i am getting myself into. People tell me its going to be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life but none of them have actually gone through it.

Old 04-29-2005, 17:39   #2
Kyobanim

this is becoming a regular thing . . .

Read and heed:

Now would be a good time to delete your post and proceed to start reading the stickies at the top of each forum. Then use the search button. There is a TON of information on "what you just got yourself into" spread out all over this sight.

And if I might add, you're lack of situational awareness is going to bite you on the ass. You should have researched this option before you signed up.

Oh, BTW, Welcome to the board.

And in the words of my good friends here, Have a Very SF day!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime

Last edited by Kyobanim; 04-29-2005 at 17:42.
Old 04-29-2005, 17:52   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Are good manners dead?

Is Situational Awareness a lost art?

Do you kids just walk into stranger's houses and start firing off bad questions, demanding answers?

I am sure that if you have completed "America's Army" or a comparable video game, the SFQC will be a breeze.

Read and research before you post again.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 04-29-2005, 18:08   #4
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Probably should have had the answer to that question before you signed the contract, dumbass.

You got 1st Sgt Bobby's email address Sir or will you be speaking to him personally about this one?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-29-2005, 18:18   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I hate to be presumptuous with a kid I don't even know, but I seriously doubt that he will get far enough to meet Bobby.

I hope that he gets his stuff together in one bag and proves me wrong.

To paraphrase a favorite movie RSM:

"Those of you who do not know me, are in for a great big F'ing surprise!

And those who do know me are in for an infinitely more horrible time than they'd care to remember."

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 04-29-2005, 18:53   #6
jon448
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapclap
I am a senior in high school and i just enlisted (18X). Just wondering what i am getting myself into. People tell me its going to be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life but none of them have actually gone through it.
Snap,
I'm not sure when you're shipping out but the best thing I could recommend is just start PT'ing your ass off.I'm sure you probably played sports in HS, well I hope you did anyways, and you think you're in good enough shape but you're not. I'm not a BTDT so I haven't gone through it but I've done enough research to know its going to be BY FAR the hardest thing you've ever done in your life.
You should also start reading up on what you "got yourself into" since it was probably something you should have done before you signed up. I'd pick up a few books on SF, in particular I'd go with Special Forces by Tom Clancy, which is a good broad overview, and Masters of Chaos by Linda Robinson which is also a good overview.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me instead of wasting the BTDT's time where as I'm in college and have plenty of time on my hands when I'm not at the gym or in class.
Old 04-29-2005, 19:51   #7
snapclap
Banned Loser

thanks jon. For the rest of you guys i'm sorry i wasted you time. Did i make you read my post, i didnt think so. You shouldnt judge someone by just reading a few words they posted. i will probably make it further in life then all of you. you guys are a joke. dont bother getting all sassy in another reply i probably wont be back to read it.
Old 04-29-2005, 20:01   #8
Kyobanim

Quote:
thanks jon. For the rest of you guys i'm sorry i wasted you time. Did i make you read my post, i didnt think so. You shouldnt judge someone by just reading a few words they posted. i will probably make it further in life then all of you. you guys are a joke. dont bother getting all sassy in another reply i probably wont be back to read it.
Son, you have a lot to learn. You don't walk into someone's house and shit on the floor. I won't even go into the consequences of your attitude on this site.

If I could, I'd ban your ass right now, but that's not my decision. I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime

Last edited by Kyobanim; 04-29-2005 at 20:04.
Old 04-29-2005, 20:10   #9
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Quote:
Sir Snapclap,
Your not making Oregon look very good here.
You have just insulted men that have done things the history books have and will tell the epic tales of as they are de-classified.
The depth of your ignorance is astounding and I'm embarrassed for you, This is not a game and you were a guest in these mens house.
I think you have solved your own problem with the tone of the above quoted post.

Last edited by Bill Harsey; 04-29-2005 at 21:03.
Old 04-29-2005, 20:16   #10
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Let me make it easy for you.

Word of advice in life, kid.

Don't piss into the wind.

The guys you just insulted here are senior SF NCOs and Officers.

We ARE what you want to be, and you won't get very far with that attitude.

If you make it to CMK, I will come out there to help make sure that you do it right.

And you better pay attention in school. If you expect to go that far in life, you will need to learn to spell and use punctuation, punk.

Better luck on your next visit here.

And have a very SF Day.

TR

Old 04-29-2005, 20:17   #11
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

PM out to the little shit. Let's see how he responds to me. If the "Learning Curve" is too steep, he'll take care of it himself !!! Gotta give the young'uns a little slack, 'bout enough to hang themselves !!

Hide and watch, wait and see !!!
Old 04-29-2005, 20:21   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

How long do we have to wait?

I am feeling an itchy trigger finger already.

He better come back strong, and quickly, my brother!

TR

Old 04-30-2005, 07:52   #13
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Hey shit for brains one thing I’ll guarantee you is that if you make it as far as SFAS (of which I seriously doubt) you will be setting the example of what the duffle bag drag looks like.

Team Sergeant

BTW you’re gone, I hate dickheads before coffee.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:46   #14
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

snapclap meet the Team Sergeant - TS, snapclap
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 04-30-2005, 09:10   #15
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
snapclap meet the Team Sergeant - TS, snapclap
That introduction went well.
Closed Thread