Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 12-30-2021, 00:19   #76
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
this is reflective of that time.
Not "reflective". The people in power in this administration were those in the streets in the '60s and '70s. This is their last chance at destroying the America that they hate. Problem is, they didn't get our guns.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:32   #77
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Would you consider the neofasciste mainly established on the federal level or across the board at the state and local level as well?
It's my experience that they have acolytes (aka useful idiots) at many levels. These fly under the radar because they may not have a nationally-heard mouthpiece. They can be detected but, to some, it takes more work than just collecting widely-published writings or articles on the internet.

These people are on city councils, or are Chamber of Commerce advisors to local gov't. Peruse the minutes of these meetings & you can often find who thinks that the solution to a topic is another ordinance (while the police chief rolls his eyes & wonders who's enforcing this idiot's notion). Their view is that power is consolidated at the gov't level and is the wellspring of all solutions. Look at their district makeup as well - that's who (theoretically) put them in office. To get the actual gist of how they think you have to take one for the team (yours) & attend these meetings.

You can also peruse the local papers to see who is writing what about what and how often. They may not aspire to higher positions of authority because they want to remain where they're comfortable. But both of these types are useul to the ones further up their food-chain.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:52   #78
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Would you consider the neofasciste mainly established on the federal level or across the board at the state and local level as well?
I would like to think that this mainly a federal issue. But take a look at some local school boards, teacher's unions, some county admins, Soros funded DAs, and large academic institutions, non-profits, NGOs, and upper management of many large corporations.

The only local institution that seems relatively untouched are the Sheriff departments. God help us when they get infiltrated. IMHO that will be the demarcation line for "When in the course of human events..."
Old 12-30-2021, 10:58   #79
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
But take a look at some local school boards, teacher's unions, some county admins, Soros funded DAs, and large academic institutions, non-profits, NGOs, and upper management of many large corporations.
I'd go so far as to include HOAs. I've never lived under one, but the description of those I know who do seem to indicate that these are the breeding grounds of the petty dictators of tomorrow. And their subjects!

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:04   #80
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
I'd go so far as to include HOAs. I've never lived under one, but the description of those I know who do seem to indicate that these are the breeding grounds of the petty dictators of tomorrow. And their subjects!
Yep...put people in positions of "power", and their true nature immediately begins to reveal itself. At this point in life, I believe *all* politics start at the local level in some way and their base helps push them up the chain.

I always like to make it a point to keep up with college newspapers. It revealed a lot of those that were up-and-coming politicians and their way of thinking.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 13:15   #81
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohei View Post
I always like to make it a point to keep up with college newspapers. It revealed a lot of those that were up-and-coming politicians and their way of thinking.
So true still pushing Group think and Bias as the normal.

https://dailybruin.com/2021/12/01/op...y-of-education

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 14:43   #82
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post

Excellent example, Brother!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 18:52   #83
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post

The UC system was already well on its way in the very early 70's. Saw it during a break in service. Assume this is largely nationwide, except at places like Hillsdale and some other independents that don't take any bak-sheesh from Big G. Had nothing to do with equity, or equality. They had institutionalized anti-whitism. Boy was I ever glad to go back to shinin' boots & breakin' starch in the morning; them people wuz kwazee.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 09:13   #84
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
The XO completely agrees. We are house hunting and the presence of a HOA is a non-starter. I'm lookin' for 10+ acres on which to build. She asks, will we have public water and sewer? Women folk, cain't live with 'em, cain't shoot 'em.
Old 12-31-2021, 18:40   #85
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Women do like indoor plumbing.
My septic back up a couple of weeks ago and I spent 3 days digging, getting it pumped out, repairing and then refilled the hole.
The XO is happy now.
Old 12-31-2021, 18:42   #86
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Not "reflective". The people in power in this administration were those in the streets in the '60s and '70s. This is their last chance at destroying the America that they hate. Problem is, they didn't get our guns.
I agree with your analysis. The key is we are armed. Unlike the Soviet Union, China, Cambodia etc.