Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 05-13-2015, 23:47   #1
mojaveman
Area Commander

51 year old actor joins Kurdish militia to fight ISIS

Michael Enright is one of the several hundred Westerners who have traveled to Iraq and Syria to join Kurdish combat units and fight the Islamic State.

Well I'm only 52, does that make me too old? I have been under employed for the past seven years too.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...to-fight-isis/

Last edited by mojaveman; 05-16-2015 at 23:06.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:18   #2
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Takes a set of balls to step up. I think he has a big set!!!!??

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 21:05   #3
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Takes a set of balls to step up.
I am thinking of a product that exploit his volunteering successfully. What was that advertisement again?
"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success."

Thousands applied for that one. So, why not:
"Men wanted for hazardous duty. Small wages, alternating extreme temperatures, poor living conditions, constant threat of death, horrible death if captured. No recognition guaranteed, only a place among warriors and patriots"
Depending on the target audience, adds "A chance to live John 15:13"

After all, let's give ISIS a taste of their own medicine. Imagine a millionaire/billionaire sponsoring thousands of "adventurer" with a death wish

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 15:27   #4
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
He is getting to much PR:
or just enough, depending on his agents view..

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=31438326

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...tate-in-syria/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7493992.html

Even in his home AO..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ghting-5800395

He has made himself a target, that will be an easy hit..

I suspect he will tuck tail and head to LA with some sort of tail that he HAD TO LEAVE, he was endangering hundreds if not thousands of fighters trying to protect him..

Hollywood Tourista..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:32   #5
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I wonder if his AK ever runs dry?
Old 06-03-2015, 18:51   #6
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Takes a set of balls to step up. I think he has a big set!!!!??
It would be interesting to read a followup.

If he were an accountant, plumber, or veteran I'd probably feel a bit differently.

An actor of anyone else who's search for celebrity is their intentional endstate, I'm quite a bit skeptical.

It would be interesting to see the Kurd information operations angle on this, behind the scenes. I'm thinking this guy's usefulness beyond just some Kurd+ headlines is less than zero(cost of feeding/watering this fella until the next media interview)

I would think this guy showing up for some promo work for the Kurds("Pirates of the Carribean star") and taking some photos and "selfies" for his Hollywood street cred and new found "subject matter expertise" would be a win/win.

Sorry.....It's miserable outside and the forecase is for more rain and cynacism.

On the bright side.....I guess a "win-win" is a solid outcome for all parties....if it helps achieve the intended startegic outcome in some tiny way, who cares what the other underlying and unrelated motivations are.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 19:44   #7
Matsonian
Quiet Professional

He is a major pain in the ass and most of the guys would like to take him out on a real fire fight and leave him. Only fighting he has been doing is to get in front of the camera.
Matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:22   #8
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsonian View Post
He is a major pain in the ass and most of the guys would like to take him out on a real fire fight and leave him. Only fighting he has been doing is to get in front of the camera.
Jordan just posted this to his FB page:

Quote:
***Attention to whomever is in charge of monitoring my account for the state department***

Michael Enright the mentally unstable actor who is in rojava is in danger of being killed by one of many westerners and kurds who want to bury him.

This man has been the biggest p.o.s that ever walked in rojava, immediantly after coming here he tried selling his story to the media. He has been kicked out of 4 different fighting units and asked to leave twice by the ypg to which end he put the barrel of his rifle in his mouth and threatened to kill himself if he was sent home. (He is still working on his movie script)

He constantly lies and tries manipulating everyone around him both kurd and westerner. The generals have even told us they try keeping him away from everyone for fear that there own men will kill him.

We have taken the bolt from his Ak quite some time ago so he runs around taking pictures of himself in the rear saying he killed daesh with a weapon he cant even fire.

THE STATE DEPARTMENT NEEDS TO SEND SOMEONE TO RECIEVE HIM BEFORE YOU HAVE THE FIRST U.S. DEATH IN SYRIA.

several others can confirm this story, Matthew Hinstridge, Clay lawton, Jesse Gillispie, Lei Gallagher, Brian Wilson, and others i dont have fbs for.

Balls in your court.....
It seems as though this guy needs to didi mau post haste.

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:36   #9
Sigaba
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
After all, let's give ISIS a taste of their own medicine. Imagine a millionaire/billionaire sponsoring thousands of "adventurer" with a death wish
IMO, despite its initial appeal, this recommendation is not a good idea. ISIS, like other terrorist organizations, seeks to overthrow the Westpahian system of international relations. Fielding a privately sponsored army--regardless of its effectiveness or core values--advances that cause.

Also, a point that is being stressed in a current conversation across the street about PMCs is that business considerations drive the decision making process, often to the detriment of unit cohesion and effectiveness.

MOO, combat needs to be left in the hands of professional soldiers under the broad direction of duly elected/appointed civilian officials.

My $0.02/YMMV.
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 15:43   #10
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
MOO, combat needs to be left in the hands of professional soldiers under the broad direction of duly elected/appointed civilian officials.

My $0.02/YMMV.
Unless you're willing to risk it all for a reality show...... it's all the rage these days, just ask Joe Teti......
Old 06-05-2015, 04:21   #11
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Starting to look like this POS is fishing for Suicide by Mouth??

And CNN is helping...

Quote:
(CNN) A former U.S. Army serviceman who's turned recruiter for foreigners eager to fight with Kurdish forces against ISIS has warned that a British actor who's shown up in Syria is a liability who is in danger of being killed by his own comrades.

Posting on Facebook, Jordan Matson said actor Michael Enright was "mentally unstable" and the "biggest P.O.S. that ever walked in Rojava," referring to a Kurdish enclave in northern Syria.

Since arriving in the region, Enright, who plays minor roles in Hollywood, has made headlines with a series of interviews and social media posts. The 51-year-old, who has no military training, talks about his desire to kill ISIS while fighting with the Kurdish People's Protection Units, or YPG.

In his post Thursday, Matson, from the tiny town of Sturtevant, Wisconsin, calls for whoever "is in charge of monitoring my account for the (U.S.) State Department" to send someone to retrieve Enright before it's too late.

The actor, he said, "is in danger of being killed by one of many westerners and Kurds who want to bury him."

Immediately after arriving, Enright -- who played parts in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," "Old Dogs" and "Knight and Day" -- tried to sell his story to the media, Matson said.

He's since been kicked out of four different fighting units and has been asked to leave twice by the YPG, he said.

At this point, Enright "put the barrel of his rifle in his mouth and threatened to kill himself if he was sent home."

Matson added that Enright "is stlil working on his movie script."

The actor constantly lies and manipulates those around him, both Kurds and Westerners, Matson said, and the generals have said they try to keep him isolated from their men for his own safety.

The bolt has been taken out of his AK-47 rifle, disabling it, "so he runs around taking pictures of himself in the rear saying he killed daesh with a weapon he cant (sic) fire," wrote Matson. Daesh is another name for ISIS that is widely used by European and Arab allies and is despised by the terrorist group.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/05/middle...ing/index.html

Obit to follow on the 11PM News..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:43   #12
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I sure wish we could send over a few hundred Hollywood actors...... Didn't George Looney "play" a Green Beret once?

I say we send every Hollywood actor that's ever fired a fake AK-47 or AR-15 to help in the fighting......
Old 06-05-2015, 07:23   #13
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Seems our culture has changed since the time when actors did it the right way.....

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-f...e-military.php
sg1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:02   #14
glebo
Quiet Professional

Yeah, they don't make them like that anymore...

No discredit to our guys now (those serving), I mean actors...
Old 06-05-2015, 19:03   #15
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I sure wish we could send over a few hundred Hollywood actors...... Didn't George Looney "play" a Green Beret once?

I say we send every Hollywood actor that's ever fired a fake AK-47 or AR-15 to help in the fighting......
No he played one in at least 3 movies. Stares at goats, one where he was chasing a dirty bomb or nuclear can not remember but Tom Cruse's ex was hot and the one where he was looking for S. Husain's gold......
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote