Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 09-27-2006, 09:53   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

# Two to deliver message

OK, everyone thinks number one and number two are hiding together if this is so than why can't number one send us a message?

Sure would boost the spirits of the jihad troops world wide to see number one alive and well (and talking shit to the western world). And if they are indeed hiding together than allowing number two to send the message should be as dangerous as number one sending the same message.

Has everyone lost their collective minds? Number one is dead, therefore he cannot send the message to the world. This article sure spells it out for me......

Zawahiri to Comment on Pope, Bush, Darfur in New Tape
Wednesday, September 27, 2006

CAIRO, Egypt — Al Qaeda No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahiri will soon release a new message about the pope, President Bush and Sudan's troubled Darfur region, an Islamic Web site said Wednesday.
A banner warning of the upcoming message was posted on the site, which frequently airs Al Qaeda videos. Wednesday's notice did not specify whether the new message was a video, audiotape or text, but al-Zawahiri usually releases videos.

His latest came earlier this month, to coincide with the fifth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. Al Qaeda released a string of videos for the anniversary, showing increasingly sophisticated production techniques in a likely effort to demonstrate that it remains a powerful, confident force despite the U.S.-led war on terror.

Usama bin Laden and his deputy al-Zawahiri are believed to be hiding in the Afghan-Pakistan border region. Many analysts believe that they no longer have centralized control to order or organize attacks by militants around the world. The capture and killing of many midlevel commanders has left Al Qaeda more diffuse and amorphous.

But at the same time, the terror network's propaganda machine has grown more sophisticated, aiming to rally militants and romanticizing jihad, or holy war.

continued;

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216025,00.html
Old 09-27-2006, 10:12   #2
GreenSalsa
Quiet Professional

Amen

Bin laden has been dead for some time. I firmly believe we killed him in December 2001 in Afghanistan. All the videos after could have been produced by a “look alike”.

A simple way of disproving the argument would be to produce a “vial” of DNA (preferably from his upper brain housing group , but blood would do) to “prove” to the world he is in fact alive.

Until that day, he is dead IMHO!

GreenSalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:52   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Personally I think its time we tip our hat, come out of the closet and admit he died in 2001 due to complications from an HIV infection years ago.

Place the onus on the al quada leaders to disprove the fact their glorious coward leader is dead. I also think it would be a huge blow to the organization as they scramble to discredit the reports and make up tales as to why bin laden cannot make an appearance on any islamic news channel.

The fact that number two can and will make appearances would disprove its much too dangerous for number one to do the same.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:11   #4
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
Personally I think its time we tip our hat, come out of the closet and admit he died in 2001 due to complications from an HIV infection years ago.

Place the onus on the al quada leaders to disprove the fact their glorious coward leader is dead. I also think it would be a huge blow to the organization as they scramble to discredit the reports and make up tales as to why bin laden cannot make an appearance on any islamic news channel.

The fact that number two can and will make appearances would disprove its much too dangerous for number one to do the same.
I like it.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:24   #5
bost1751
Quiet Professional

Like you, I have thought he has been dead for sometime. Many factors have helped me formulate that opinion. Even with that, it would be nice to have some type of evidence he his dead. I think it would be interesting to see the reaction of the fanatical carpet riders when proof was shown of Osama's death.
bost1751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 19:47   #6
SF18C
Quiet Professional

No DNA needed, just mushroom clouds. Nuke Pakistan, cause if the dirtbag is alive he's there! If he's dead then we will kill #2.
"De Oppresso Liber"

Nomination for PS.com Quote of the Decade!
SF18C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 23:26   #7
pegasus

Quote:

Place the onus on the al quada leaders to disprove the fact their glorious coward leader is dead.

Maybe now is a good opportunity?
Link

"Taliban chief Mullah Mohammad Omar has added to the mystery over Osama bin Laden, saying he has not seen his ally and fellow fugitive since US-backed forces ousted the Taliban from Afghanistan in late 2001.

"No, I have neither seen him, nor have I made any effort to do so, but I pray for his health and safety," Omar said in an e-mailed response to questions."

I can understand why Al Qaeda/Taliban refuse to admit OBL is dead. What I can't understand is why the coalition has sustained the charade for so long. It's not just the US that refers to OBL in current tense. Must be some reason to let everyone think he is alive.

Could it have anything to do with public support? Granted popular support is bad and getting worse, but would it have deteriorated sooner if we had taken the stance you suggest? Would other countries (e.g Britain, Australia, Poland etc) have been forced to pull back/out sooner? Just wondering. There has to be some logical reason.

Last edited by pegasus; 01-04-2007 at 23:28.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:35   #8
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

A few thoughts...

How many times have the democrats harped on the "fact" that #1 is still at large, using it as some sort of ineptitude calculator for the republican government? Dems don't want to admit he's dead because that would admit a victory responsible by republicans.

Republicans don't want to admit he's dead because if they do, the dems will insist that there's no further justification for funding or pursuing the GWOT. This will erode public and congressional support further because...

Many people in this country simplify this struggle by placing the blame on one man. If we kill #1, then in their minds justice has been done to the person responsible and we can move on with our lives. It goes back to the whole view of terrorism as crime, rather than terrorism as war.

It reminds me of the simple concept of killing Hitler to end WWII. What makes it worse is that where you could rationalize by saying all the other Germans are nice and want peace, #1 has a whole gaggle of murderous hadjis waiting to take his place.

Just my .02
--Aric
Old 01-05-2007, 11:23   #9
Cincinnatus
Guerrilla

FWIW, after TS and I discussed this here some time back, I did some digging into the often conflicting reports and the analysis of the tapes, audio and video, of "UBL" that have been released. My take is that the videotapes are most likely genuine, but the audio tapes are fakes. The videos were examined by various experts and the consensus was pretty nearly unanimous that it was actually UBL, when they were recorded and his health at that time were subject to debate.

The audio tapes were a different matter. Various governments as well as audio institutes in Switzerland and Japan offered opinions on whether the tapes were genuine, but there wasn't much of a consensus. There were apparently striking similarites in both manner of speech and pronounciation as well as some differences.

It appears that while it is very difficult to impersonate a stranger well enough to fool modern audio analysis imitating a family member is easier (I imagine most of us have had occasions when we realized that we were speaking either in tone or idiom in a way that mimicked our parents), and that may be what occurred.

Trying to assess the veracity/ validity of various open source reports is difficult and, of course, ultimately inconclusive, but I've come to believe that UBL is most likely dead and that the audio tapes are of his son pretending to be UBL.

I just hope the SOB died a miserable fucking death.
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:04   #10
jessipo1
Asset

Talking Tets Up & 12' Under!

Quote:

ROTFLMAO!! TS, you always know just what to say (and how to say it) to crack me up! God luv ya! lmao!

Oh, man. Tears are streaming down my cheeks at the mental video of a nation of people standing around their public meeting places, or at mosque, or sitting and drinking chai in a restaurant, etc., and, upon hearing this announcement, jaws drop, chai spews from nostrils and all the men throw down their guns, angrily, as droves of equally pissed-off women rip off their abayas and storm the streets in protest (I did say this was in my imagination, right? Well, hey, a feminist can dream can't she?). lol

Can you imagine Bagdad Bob at his podium trying to explain away that one? LMAO! Oh, boy! I used to laugh so hard watching him, right up to the last moment, telling everyone that they were kicking our butts! (One of my favourites was when he was trying to convince his people they weren't really hearing planes & choppers overhead & that those weren't really bombs going off, but rather Allah's fury at the Americans as he killed all of us and for them not to leave their homes, or look up at the sky, lest they accidentally incur his wrath, etc. What was he thinking?! <g>).

What can I say? I almost envied his seemingly limitless supply of enthusiastic optimism, (not to mention his, shall we say, "knack" for spinning the bleakest of moments in such a positive light? Almost hated to see him run away, like he did... ah, well...[le sigh]).

Imagine all that he could do with the announcement that their revered and esteemed warrior leader died of AIDS! LMAO!

Man, I think that announcement could possibly just end the war. We should try it, as a psyops or propaganda campaign, don't you think? <g> (what would we call it? Operation....?) I mean, we tried blasting Noriega with rock, so why not, eh?

Anyway, silliness aside (well, almost), thanks for the knee-slapping gale of giggles, TS--perfect timing, the hallmark of a great comedian--Just when I needed it most. Too funny, Sir.

Take it easy,
JP
jessipo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:17   #11
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessipo1
I mean, we tried blasting Noriega with rock, so why not, eh?
JP
That idea came from one of my buddies....(I was not there)

Speaking of noriega did you know he gets out this year? I wonder where he'll go upon his release from prison, Cuba?, or maybe Venezuela?

TS
Old 03-10-2007, 14:17   #12
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Speaking of noriega did you know he gets out this year? I wonder where he'll go upon his release from prison, Cuba?, or maybe Venezuela?
Is he up for parole again, or is his time actually up? Somebody will take him in and use him as a poster boy for U.S aggression. My money is on Venezuela. He might be handed over to Panama. They still want to put him on trial for human rights violations. Don't know if it's the Panamanian Govt. or just victims families who want him on trial in Panama.
Old 03-10-2007, 14:21   #13
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoerz
Is he up for parole again, or is his time actually up?
He's done 9 Sept. 2007

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16787314/