Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 02-10-2004, 19:27   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Why 9/11

Any thoughts on why that date, if there is a reason?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 19:30   #2
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

No reason is apparent to me.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 20:03   #3
ghuinness

I can't remember where I read it or heard it, but I thought there was speculation on some connection with the group "Black September". Date was significant in some way for that group.

edited: Found it:

September 6 and 9.

At the beginning of September 1970, the activities of the leftist Palestinian organizations in Jordan turned into open defiance of King Hussein himself. On September 1, a failed attempt on Hussein's life was made while he was on his way to the Amman airport. On September 6, members of the Popular Front hijacked three planes: A Swissair plane and a TWA plane were hijacked to the airport in Zarqa, and an additional plane, belonging to Pan American, was hijacked to the Cairo airport. Three days later, a British plane was hijacked, and
brought down near Amman. The passengers were held hostage. The hijackers demanded the release of Palestinian prisoners in various countries. A spokesman for the Popular Front said in Beirut that the hijackings were carried out in order "to teach the Americans a lesson, because of their long-standing support of Israel."

Yasser Arafat did not condemn the hijackings, which aroused an international protest against the Palestinians. Hussein knew that the international community would now be more sympathetic toward a decisive battle against the Palestinian organizations, and that Nasser - who wanted to promote the Rogers Plan - would be less supportive. The Jordanian king quickly lost control of his kingdom.
At the height of the drama of the hijacked planes, the Palestinians declared the area of Irbid in the north of the country a "liberated region," and announced that they were preparing for "the showdown."

Last edited by ghuinness; 02-10-2004 at 20:10.
Old 02-10-2004, 21:09   #4
Airbornelawyer

Before getting too into this, don't forget that for Osama and his minions, it wasn't September 11, 2001 AD, it was 23 Jumada al-thani, 1422 A.H.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 21:31   #5
Jimbo
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Airbornelawyer
Before getting too into this, don't forget that for Osama and his minions, it wasn't September 11, 2001 AD, it was 23 Jumada al-thani, 1422 A.H.
Do they ever have problems making sure their taxes are done by the right date?
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:40   #6
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Could it have been a symbolic gesture to the learned scholars of the Ummah - that this attack, would signify the continuation of a very long war - since the tide of Islam was pretty much halted September 11, 1683 ?

Thoughts
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 13:11   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rock View Post
Could it have been a symbolic gesture to the learned scholars of the Ummah - that this attack, would signify the continuation of a very long war - since the tide of Islam was pretty much halted September 11, 1683 ?

Thoughts
Holy necropost, Batman!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 13:13   #8
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Agree with T-Rock and TR.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 13:24   #9
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Quote:
Holy necropost, Batman!
Sorry…LOL…
The threads that go way back are very interesting, I have much to learn…
Old 12-11-2009, 13:31   #10
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Many treasures to be found in the oldies but goodies here...

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 12-11-2009 at 13:33.
Old 12-11-2009, 13:33   #11
olhamada
Guerrilla

And I've always thought it was something as simple as "911" ("help, I've fallen and I can't get up").
"And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom?"- Braveheart

de Oppresso Liber
olhamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:43   #12
bubba
Quiet Professional

I believe it was the date in history that the Muslim Hord was beaten by a Polish army at the gates of Vienna, thus ending Islam's attacks on Europe.

From the Wiki Article: "The Battle of Vienna (German: Schlacht am Kahlenberg, Polish: Bitwa pod Wiedniem or Odsiecz Wiedeńska, Turkish: İkinci Viyana Kuşatması, Ukrainian: Віденська відсіч / Viděns'ka Vidsič) took place on 11 and 12 September[1] 1683 after Vienna had been besieged by the Ottoman Empire for two months. Was a battle of: some of countries, later related with so called "Holy League" (at that time without Russia) versus the Ottoman Empire and vassals of the Ottoman Empire. The battle marked the beginning of the political hegemony of the Habsburg dynasty in Central Europe.

The large-scale battle was won by Polish-Austrian-German forces led by King of Poland John III Sobieski versus the Ottoman Empire army (and the Ottoman vassals armies) commanded by Grand Vizier Merzifonlu Kara Mustafa Pasha".

Just another point that these muslim extreamists have been at war with the Western World for a lot longer than we have been at war with them.

Just my thoughts.......
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:42   #13
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Most people are unaware of the role of the Poles in preventing the Muslim horde from overrunning all of Europe.

They showed up at the critical moment as the Austrians were beseiged and in dire straights, leaving their own country unsecured in order to fulfil their promises. Thank you, King of Poland John III Sobieski, for your service and sacrifice.

I wonder who, if anyone, will save Europe from the religion of peace this time?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:45   #14
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up

Geert Wilders is doing some heavy lifting. If only more would listen...
Old 12-21-2009, 01:37   #15
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Quote:
Most people are unaware of the role of the Poles in preventing the Muslim horde from overrunning all of Europe.

They showed up at the critical moment as the Austrians were beseiged and in dire straights, leaving their own country unsecured in order to fulfil their promises. Thank you, King of Poland John III Sobieski, for your service and sacrifice.
I ran across this series, "The Siege of Vienna" - and it goes into detail of the role the Poles played, five videos of which are posted here:

http://www.unpopularopinion.org/2/po...of-vienna.html

Good stuff !