Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 12-04-2009, 12:42   #16
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor View Post
Speaking of turned off emotions...

There's a (relatively) famous picture from earlier in Afghanistan of a Special Forces Soldier, kneeling down wearing full kit. He's reaching out and handing something to a very young Afghan girl, standing there, barefoot and smiling...so happy she's has her tongue out touching her upper lip.

I had the photo blown up onto poster board and cut out couple years ago for my old office. Someone brought it in to me yesterday and I showed it around my new office. I couldn't believe the ambivalent reaction most had in my office to the picture. It's a powerful photo and speaks volumes about the character of of Soldiers and the mission and why we must succeed.

I naively expected people to at least acknowledge how cute the little girl was. Instead, the reaction was "Yeah, that's nice. "

Maybe I'm making something out of nothing, but it bothered me.

I think the photo was in Special Warfare Magazine a number of years ago if any one can track down the electrons for posting here...it's a great shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
Is it the same one used for the cover of the movie "Why We Fight" ?
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/videos.php
Or could it be this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8-04-09a-757157.jpg (42.9 KB, 88 views)
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:53   #17
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Looking at both posts it doesn't look like its an SF soldier!

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 13:06   #18
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
Seeing stuff like that tends to turn off my emotions.
Not sure if that's a good thing.

Thoughts drift towards cold-blooded violence.
View the monsters in that video as dangerous machines in need of disabling.
I don't feel hate towards them (or anything else), just recognize them as a serious threat to be addressed.

Probably not best to get in this mindset.
I have humans who need tending here.

May God bless and protect all who rid the Earth of these things.
I am not devoid of emotion, I hold a special place in my heart for sub-human islamic cowards such as these.

Unlike most people, SF soldiers have a desire to meet them and arrange the meeting between them and their maker.

Seems you just had a "fleeting glimpse" into "our" (Special Forces) world.

Team Sergeant
Old 12-04-2009, 13:58   #19
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I am not devoid of emotion, I hold a special place in my heart for sub-human islamic cowards such as these.

Unlike most people, SF soldiers have a desire to meet them and arrange the meeting between them and their maker.

Seems you just had a "fleeting glimpse" into "our" (Special Forces) world.

Team Sergeant
Well said TS, well said...............

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 14:28   #20
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Mixed feeling over this. Hence, I'm pulling a Sigaba/Richard on this one.

The video creator cleary aims for pathos (emotion/passion) element. There are other videos in the similar fashion but depicting christians (kids at a retreat dancing in camo with sticks procaliming the spread of gospel. Yes, ridiculous comparison but it convinced my atheist roommate christians are no better than the jihadis). We also do not know the context of the executions and the time frame. It also portrays a segment of the population. (I don't want to start another long drawn out argument as I do agree that silence from the majority equals passive approval). The video cherrypicks the population. As I'm preparing for DLPT and have been wathing foreign TV channels, there are segments of the population encouraging hard work and extending a helping hand to strangers.

I know most of this board member have no problem discerning the content and viewing it in the proper context. However, this is a public forum and I'm mainly worried about Joe simpletons who would paint all moslem with the broad brush used for these animals. "hey, I saw on this green beret site that all moslems all blood-thirsy-throat-slitting animals. Let's go to ........gas stations and teach these ragheads a lesson!"

Hate Islam, love the muslim......as tough as that could possibly be, it demonstrates that we are indeed different, if not better than them.

FF,

I take it by your post that you've never seen the Chechen Muj videos? WM's link is rated G compared to those guys' vids. Most often, they make those to prove their value to Muslim donors. The vids from the Russians are simply evil: they just hate the Chechens.

On a side note, good luck on your DLPT. Regardless of your lang, suggest reading OpEds and listening to news commentaries in your target lang.
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 15:36   #21
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
Or could it be this one?
Thanks. That's it...off the cover of "Why We Fight."
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 16:03   #22
Slantwire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
There are other videos in the similar fashion but depicting christians (kids at a retreat dancing in camo with sticks procaliming the spread of gospel. Yes, ridiculous comparison but it convinced my atheist roommate christians are no better than the jihadis).
Ask him how many people had their throats cut, heads shot or bodies set on fire by the Christians in that video.

"We're not all saints" does not equal "it's okay for other people to be monsters."
Old 12-04-2009, 16:15   #23
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhead View Post
Ask him how many people had their throats cut, heads shot or bodies set on fire by the Christians in that video.

"We're not all saints" does not equal "it's okay for other people to be monsters."
Exactly.

FROSTFIRE - Ask your aethist roommate to look at religious doctrine of Christianity versus islam. If he/she needs help, I'll be happy to mentor the confused.

Better yet, let David Yerushalmi do it. Ask your roommate to read this:

http://www.saneworks.us/uploads/news...cations/36.pdf

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 12-04-2009 at 16:18. Reason: Added link from David Yerushalmi
Old 12-04-2009, 19:58   #24
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Quote:
We also do not know the context of the executions and the time frame. It also portrays a segment of the population.
I’m curious where this transpired - because from the looks of the crowd, this event appears to have drawn quite a few folks - mainstream or not ?
(starting ~ 00:40)
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...f-all-hum.html
(Qur’an - 47:04, 8:12, etc..)

“Islam is the only major world religion today that is cited by both state and non-state actors to legitimize beheadings. And two major aspects of decapitation in an Islamic context should be noted: first, the practice has both Qur'anic and historical sanction. It is not the product of a fabricated tradition.”
http://www.meforum.org/713/beheading...-name-of-islam

Quote:
I know most of this board member have no problem discerning the content and viewing it in the proper context. However, this is a public forum and I'm mainly worried about Joe simpletons who would paint all moslem with the broad brush used for these animals. "hey, I saw on this green beret site that all moslems all blood-thirsy-throat-slitting animals. Let's go to ........gas stations and teach these ragheads a lesson!"
The fact that Stalin was a Georgian does not make all Georgians responsible for the crimes of Stalinism.

Is it reasonable to blame ALL Germans for the crimes of the Nazis?

IMO - It is ridiculous to blame a single ethnicity for the crimes of Islam, nevertheless, I have no problem blaming the religion of Islam for its “evil” ideology…
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 20:30   #25
dr. mabuse
Guerrilla Chief

When discussing the Islamic faith with women who don't have a clue,

I like to quote the hadith, "A woman's paradise is under the foot of her husband."

That usually gets them thinking a bit.

If we don't get them in this life, they'll get their account settled in the next.
"The difference is that back then, we had the intestinal fortitude to do what we needed to in order to preserve our territorial sovereignty and to protect the citizens of this great country, and today, we do not." TR

"I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits." John Locke
dr. mabuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 21:34   #26
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackallResident View Post
Well, my true feelings rely on the fact that I consider myself a patriot, and my values are beyond the LDRSHIP acronym our Army uses, they are faith-based. I feel that justice is not always served, and that many of the victimized children in the video will grow up to become my future target of well placed albeit sinful dislike.

I have a hard time loving my enemies, though I do pray daily for them. I feel that the children of radical Islam are victims, but still must atoll for their deeds.

My religion's text tells me that if my eye wanders to lust over women, women to pluck it out. It also tells me that I should love my neighbor, and embrace life. I used the eye analogy with purpose:

If radical Islam teaches their children to hate me and my infidel family, then so be it. I stand before my God when I pass knowing that I have pulled the trigger to end the suffering of others. I also clearly realize that my unapologetic willingness to kill my enemy will be FORGIVEN.

Iz can forgive the radicals and extremists for what they do, but though forgiven, they will still feel the justice of absolution. I have no desire to be a martyr, but when I go overseas, I go without fear of death, as well as when I walk my city's streets. In both of those scenarios, I will fight to my death gladly to end the opression and radicalism. You are rough men, and you do harm on others behalfs. That is the way of the Soldier, and the way it will remain.

The sheep want radical Islam to be ignored for pc's sake. I say the sheep hate the sheepdog until the wolf arrives. Well the wolf is here, and this sheepdog has a lust for protecting his flock, whether they like it or not.

Posted from my iPhone

For posting with an iPhone, all I can say is, "nice thumb action".

Very well said, and thank you taking the time. If I may, I'd like to talk about a few points you made and a comparison with what I saw and heard this week with the BHO speech, (West Point), although, not in any order.

I wish, for just one moment, our leadership, from City Manager, Mayor, Congressman, Senator up to POTUS, could have the courage that you so eloquently said in your opening paragraph. Aside from this country's civilian leadership, we also have a leadership vacuum in the armed forces. There is not one soldier today who hasn't said to himself, "if they would only let us do that which we have been trained to do". We are so afraid to commit our "values of purpose" with "effective action". This new guy, wreaks of filth.

30,000 more troops? I'd settle for 3,000 with purpose.

Go easy on yourself regarding women. My father once said, "if you don't look once, your not a man, ...if you look twice, you're not faithful, ...make the one look count". I guess Tiger Woods missed that one.

I hope, and I pray that I will be forgiven for the wrongs I have done in this life, and I pray that I will always be surrounded by men like these, our brothers. Do pray for your enemies. Pray that they can listen to the still soft voice of reason, and feel the warmth of genuine love. Pray that they do not feel hatred nor anger.

That they should know, I love them as well.

Now on a lighter note. Today I spent several hours with a dear friend, hanging out in his workshop, spinning very nice wood on a lathe into nothing more than fine dust and wood chips resting on the floor. Had leftover Thanksgiving morsels arranged in a warm cup of soup, hot coffee and salted peanuts. Got home, little after dark.

What did you do today?

WD
Old 12-04-2009, 21:46   #27
Triman19
Asset

Wow

I do not hate these, animals. Yet I pitty them. God very well be the only oerson who may have mercy upon on them because the American military will not. I say let lose guys like TR and TS and the many other ODA's, Soldiers, Marines and Airman. Such inhumanity. This is exactly why I have chosen to re-enlist.
Triman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 22:25   #28
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
I wish, for just one moment, our leadership, from City Manager, Mayor, Congressman, Senator up to POTUS, could have the courage that you so eloquently said in your opening paragraph.
IIRC, Lieutenant General (ret.) William G. "Jerry" Boykin did just that, and paid the price

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 22:35   #29
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
FF,

I take it by your post that you've never seen the Chechen Muj videos? WM's link is rated G compared to those guys' vids. Most often, they make those to prove their value to Muslim donors. The vids from the Russians are simply evil: they just hate the Chechens.
lindy, the level of gore has nothing to do with my assessment. Law of diminishing return: Once I seeked for all these "documentary." From Russia to Maluku. I might have seen the videos you have in mind. At some point, one will get desensitized. I still condemn the action/motive etc. but with emotion neutrality. IMHO, this is a good thing. In the absence of hate and anger, one maintains clarity better and performs professionally. However, I do not look forward to the day I have to render TFC to hostiles after they/he/she hurt one or more of ours. I have adhered to professional conduct before when I gave my best care to an illegal mother and her newborn baby (in hospital, all my politics and preferences are out of the door), but I pray and hope I can do the same to a hostile.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:06   #30
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. mabuse View Post
When discussing the Islamic faith with women who don't have a clue,

I like to quote the hadith, "A woman's paradise is under the foot of her husband."

That usually gets them thinking a bit.

If we don't get them in this life, they'll get their account settled in the next.
Foot note please?

Expanding on the idea here though...

Any of the books by the former Muslim women hit home with me. Nonie Darwish's "Cruel and Usual" is very powerful in particular in the way it illustrates the systemic problems with islamic society and how it creates a victem mentality for both men and women while systemically destroying the trust between a husband and wife.

One quick example - the marriage document, which has blank lines for Wife #2, Wife #3 and Wife #4 (if they're not already filled in). The impact, the wife knows that she's not guaranteed to be his only wife from the beginning. One result? The husband can't marry another wife unless he has the funds to support her.

So she is incentivized to first, hoard valuables in the event that she is divorced (which is easy under sharia law). All this hoarding just feeds the distrust as well. Second, she is incentivized to spend his money as quickly as possible to prevent him from being able to afford a second wife. Talk about wealth destruction, here's a built in system for the proliferation of poverty.