Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Hunting & Fishing > Fur

Old 10-12-2018, 21:22   #31
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
TomCat rat /mice (for the babies) traps work exceedingly well....I bait them with rat poison too...they love the crap.

Been getting about one packrat a day
It was a TomCat rat trap that it stole! I just found it funny, really. The coyote has been doing a good job of dealing with the critters, but I haven't seen it recently. I think that you have more feed issues that increase your problems. We've done away with that problem. We only had one rattler and it was actually in the "snakes live" zone but Nancy ran over it with the mower...twice. She mows a walking trail around the BLM land that surrounds us. The city-girl likes her little John Deere D-105.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 23:41   #32
PRB
Quiet Professional

I've killed two Green Mojave's this year...one at my front door. Our Coyote's are lazy Democrats on the dole…..bastiches!
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 00:25   #33
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
I've killed two Green Mojave's this year...one at my front door. Our Coyote's are lazy Democrats on the dole…..bastiches!

The Mojave's are mean bastards. Nance had a friend tell her to just shoot water at snakes and they would retreat. The first Mojave she ever encountered she turned the hose on. It charged her faster. He called for me to bring her gun. I did and she dispatched it quickly. Had another one the next day, but she was carrying at the time.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 10-13-2018 at 00:33.
Old 07-18-2020, 22:25   #34
PSM
Area Commander

A new pack rat found our hidden spare key and moved it to it's nest. BUT, it removed the Marvin the Martian keychain that was on the split ring! I can't find Marvin or the spilt ring, the bastard. It also stole a small mouse trap but brought it back in exchange for Marvin. Now the pack rat trap is gone. Geez.

Last edited by PSM; 04-25-2021 at 22:17.
Old 07-18-2020, 22:30   #35
Intel NCO
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
A new pack rat found our hidden spare key and moved it to it's nest. BUT, it removed the Marvin the Martian keychain that was on the split ring! I can't find Marvin or the spilt ring, the bastard. It also stole a small mouse trap but brought it back in exchange for Marvin. Now the pack rat trap is gone. Geez.
I'd say get a cat, but you'd hope there's be enough bobcats around these parts to handle that.. seen at least 2 in my backyard lately here in SV.
Old 04-25-2021, 22:18   #36
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
He (or a different one) brought Marvin back after 3 and a half years. But the spilt ring is still missing.

ETA: Forgot to mention that it took the rat trap I set for it again. Fair trade, I guess. I just don't know what it has planned for the trap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marvin.jpg (115.9 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by PSM; 04-25-2021 at 23:33.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:53   #37
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Breed the little bastards,,
Start an off-shore mail-order food company,,
Venezuela could make you a fortune..

Taste like chicken.. :]
Forget my old recommendation,,

This must be at least the 3rd or 4th successive generation Pack-Rat you're dealing with, across this epic battle.

THEY need to be isolated and their DNA extracted to use for a new Super Rat Warrior.

Have youy setup any game cams to capture their image(S)??

I have a friend that runs a very discrete lab in Yunnan, China g

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20380897/

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 18:59   #38
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post

Have you setup any game cams to capture their image(S)??
Yep. Many times, but it's so slow to wake up that it's only caught the dog's nose and my wife's legs.

With the trap missing, I hope it didn't get a leg caught and dragged it off. I did see two buzzards land in, or near, the riparian area we live next to. I went to check it out, but couldn't find where they landed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SUNP0004.jpg (92.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by PSM; 04-30-2021 at 12:29.