Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-26-2020, 10:39   #91
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Man, there's no room for conjecture re:2A.
Y'all just be bored. Go to the range and burn a can.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:40   #92
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Patriot View Post
At this stage, IMO, in order to keep any momentum garnered from the VA Lobby Day event, we should be aligning ourselves with the local Sheriff's in every one of the counties that were declared a gun sanctuary county.
+1 FWIW, the individual VCDL chapters didn't go back to bed after Lobby Day. They continue to work with those, particularly Sheriffs, that they were working with to get the sanctuaries in the first place. Doomsayers will say what they want but VA is still ahead of most. About 56 of Obama's states need to get their frickin' asses in gear, in one respect or another, most rikki-tik.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

Last edited by Badger52; 01-26-2020 at 16:30. Reason: adverb corrected
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 14:15   #93
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
As the old axiom goes, “Armatures study tactics, Professionals study logistics”. The logistical underbelly associated with all metro areas is where the real fight will be. I foresee the average LEO response in the rural areas to be similar to the VA experience. The real UW effort will be controlling the logistical areas surrounding the cities vis-à-vis Food / Water and Fuel / Electricity. All cities are on what is known as “just-in-time” logistical structures where by the food on the shelves will be gone in less than 24 hours without re-supply. If this all kicks off (likely due to a commie president / congress that collapses the USD similar to the housing crises), avoid major urban areas, and be prepared to control the perimeter of them to keep the rats on the ship. The absolute longest this will continue will be one winter as long as the urban population is forced to stay in their utopia thereby forcing them to accept the conditions set by the rural populations. Those conditions will likely look like a set of amendments to the USC that returns this nation to a Republic where the rule of law over government is restored.

But I’m just a Grunt, trained to carry a SATCOM, working as an instructor at a Sniper School..... what do I know?
The weak point is truck stops.
Typically located on the outskirts of cities, and refueling infrastructure is easily damaged.

Cascading failure in logistics will happen quickly.
https://www.trucking.org/ATA%20Docs/...ca%20Stops.pdf
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 19:45   #94
tonyz
Area Commander

Well, after this past week with more of Nervous Nancy on display ...I stand by my original post...she has terminal TDS...Trump Derangement Syndrome...and she has clearly lost her mind.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 20:51   #95
Box
Quiet Professional

Nancy Pelosi may think she accomplished something by tearing that paper in half...
...clearly she has never seen what Flex Seal can do.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 21:12   #96
tonyz
Area Commander

Lol, “to show you the power of Flexxx Seal...I just ripped this speech in half”

~Nancy The Ripper

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 02-06-2020, 22:12   #97
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Democrats are prone to ripping in public...
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 14:11   #98
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Just like a good anecdote to disease having an outsider as the POTUS has drawn out the ugly reality of leftist....even moderate and liberal Democrats are seeing the insanity of the left. I have said it many times to those who vote Democrat that you are voting for all the baggage of the insanity along with your preferred policies. Tyranny of LGBTQ infiltrating our schools, the cities ruled by leftist policies are the violent social disease ridden cesspools they envision for the entire country, high taxes that will kill jobs and force companies to move out of the country, attacks on the wealthy, more marijuana laws for Democrat creating a more empathetic citizenry and cities that smell like skunks sprayed them, destructive social policies that keep minorities specifically the apathetic and downtrodden desperate dependent on government welfare programs, the divisive identity politics of the left, eventual Oligarchies replacing the republic meaning all opportunities to rise above your station will be gone, all freedoms protected in the bill of rights will be gone. Vote Democrat and that is what you are also voting for. They don't understand the complexity of the deceit in in the swamp Sanders, Gabbard and Buttigieg will never be selected by the swampycorrupt DNC to represent the party....they are too honest for their tastes but Warren and Biden are already indoctrinated on the slimy inner workings of D.C......America elected Trump because we can see it and so do a lot of Democrats as well. The inner circle of DC living n their own isolated bubbles of corruption ignoring the people they represent for their own deviant desires of power and wealth. Americans need to decimate its political representatives this election and get rid of the old gatekeepers and start the government fresh with new believers.
Old 02-08-2020, 21:41   #99
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
Just like a good anecdote to disease having an outsider as the POTUS has drawn out the ugly reality of leftist....
No matter what becomes the Trump legacy, the biggest single achievement is that the proverbial curtain has been pulled back. That curtain is in actuality peoples' eyelids, now opened. Many may have wondered whether that substance was blood or some other kind of stain. Trump is the bottle of hydrogen peroxide the left has never had dripped on them.

Even wannabe or slightly tentative true believers will often not quit and are in the dictionary under "cognitive dissonance." I've met many people who voted for Obama simply because they "wanted to think of myself as being part of something historic." Then they realized what an unqualified disaster he was. Change behavior? Nope. Let's do it again because "frankly I was embarassed that I could've been so duped the first time."

They won't quit. So tell your wife hitting the bulk ammo sale really IS about the zombie apocalypse.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 15:41   #100
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Nancy Pelosi:

She has become a TOOL of the Radical Left, watching her pander to the radical liberal left democrat base was pathetic. She is an old swamp dwelling politico trying to hold on to power. When the radical left are done with her, she will be swept aside and forgotten. SAYO'UNA'RA nancy pelosi, BON VOYAGE...
Old 02-10-2020, 00:12   #101
Airbornelawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
She has become a TOOL of the Radical Left, watching her pander to the radical liberal left democrat base was pathetic. She is an old swamp dwelling politico trying to hold on to power. When the radical left are done with her, she will be swept aside and forgotten. SAYO'UNA'RA nancy pelosi, BON VOYAGE...
Pelosi has always been a radical leftist. She just no longer feels the need to fake moderation or decorum to maintain her leadership role, since the rest of the caucus, especially those with seniority in leadership positions, is so far left it does not matter anymore.

For reference, here are her Americans for Democratic Action (leftist) and American Conservative Union ratings for her first few years in Congress:

1987 - 93 - 0
1988 - 100 - 0
1989 - 95 - 4
1990 - 100 - 0
1991 - 90 - 0
1992 - 90 - 0
1993 - 95 - 0

And in several cases where she did not get full credit from the ADA, it was because she did not cast a vote, not because she went against the left's position on the particular vote. Another was her vote on NAFTA, since that legislation, originally negotiated by the Bush Administration but put to a vote under the Clinton Administration, divided the left, especially the old-school industrial union left (as opposed to the new-school public-sector union left).
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:14   #102
tonyz
Area Commander

I’m watching Nancy Pelosi rambling in a press conference...objectively...she would be unimpressive leading my HOA meeting...

...and she is the current Speaker of the House of Representatives...behind only the Vice President in line of succession to the President.

I’m sure she knows the ins-and-outs of the swamp and where all the bodies are buried but geez what an uninspiring leader.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 03-12-2020, 13:37   #103
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
I’m watching Nancy Pelosi rambling in a press conference...objectively...she would be unimpressive leading my HOA meeting...

...and she is the current Speaker of the House of Representatives...behind only the Vice President in line of succession to the President.

I’m sure she knows the ins-and-outs of the swamp and where all the bodies are buried but geez what an uninspiring leader.
You give her way too much credit. "uninspiring leader " would be more appropriate.
Old 03-12-2020, 14:36   #104
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
You give her way too much credit. "uninspiring leader " would be more appropriate.
Oh, you are correct...but in point of fact she IS a HIGH RANKING political leader...it is really astounding if you watch her press conferences objectively and picture her as leading a PTA meeting or a local neighborhood meeting...

...underwhelming and irritating.

Damn, she’s really next in line if Trump and Pence were to go down. Just damn !

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 03-12-2020, 15:09   #105
Box
Quiet Professional

She reminds me of a play I saw at a Valentines Day combination custume-party-baseball-game....

Cupid Bunt
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote