Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > Special Forces Assessment & Selection

Old 12-28-2010, 19:27   #1
alelks
Quiet Professional

Two Weeks in Hell

Just a heads up.

Special Forces Selection and Assessment with an original air date of 14 May is now playing on the Military channel, 8pm Eastern time.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:53   #2
DevilSide
Guerrilla

Can be watched at youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTVLKGsZCKc
The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom - Sun Tzu
DevilSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 15:50   #3
Number5
Asset

Or downloaded if you have a torrent downloader: http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/576...97.TPB.torrent

Great Show!
Old 12-29-2010, 16:29   #4
Wolf07
Asset

The Pirate Bay...

Edit: Why would you illegally download it?

Number5, your logic doesn't make much sense to me. I don't know why anyone would want to be associated with the Pirate Bay.

Last edited by Wolf07; 12-29-2010 at 20:01. Reason: Didn't provide alternate solutions.
Wolf07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 17:40   #5
Number5
Asset

If you mean by watching it on YouTube then I would much rather just watch it on my laptop straight through and not broken up into many parts, as well as whenever I want and not require an internet connection. I'm pretty sure if Discovery doesn't mind these multiple users uploading it on YouTube for the world to see for free then they most definitely don't care if I downloaded it for my self.
Old 12-29-2010, 17:52   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Ethically challenged?

Copyrighted material is removed from YouTube regularly as well.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:12   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by alelks View Post
Just a heads up.

Special Forces Selection and Assessment with an original air date of 14 May is now playing on the Military channel, 8pm Eastern time.
I watched it all for the first time, in the front leaning rest.....
Old 12-30-2010, 01:20   #8
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I watched it all for the first time, in the front leaning rest.....
TR, you made me laugh, again. So true though! The unedited version without commercial breaks, a laptop freezing up for "buffering" and the real 3D effects were outstanding! If I remember right, I tried to hit PAUSE multiple times so I could go grab a beer, morphine, cry, but just wasn't meant to be. TIVO is such a crutch!

Number 5, you should try viewing it at the McKall Movie Theater, it's better than IMAX.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:11   #9
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Number 5, you should try viewing it at the McKall Movie Theater, it's better than IMAX.
Concur - everybody gets a front row seat at the MMT...but the popcorn sucks.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:42   #10
Pete
Quiet Professional

Ah, the good old days

Ah, the good old days.

Stepping out of the Company Orderly Room into a dark Monday morning, looking to my front and right to see over 600 soldiers standing quietly at Parade Rest.

A quick exchange with the senior TAC, SFC Duzor and he marched them off to the PT Field.

My, My how fast they came back. 20 - 30 at a whack a couple of times a day for the next week. And then a trickle.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:00   #11
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

I haven't seen it, yet-do the students still have to do 8 pullups with weapon and LCE before they get chow?

I think that's probably the nearest I came to any kind of life-or-death situation the whole time I was in the Service.

Last edited by Dusty; 12-30-2010 at 07:07.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:23   #12
perdurabo
Guerrilla

I watched all 9 parts on Youtube last night. It looked like a suckfest (eg fun). Where do I get my "old man" waiver?

Entrepreneurial SOF guys should create more civilian "adventure tourist" outfits like these for the masochists with wallets.

All fun aside, it looks like a shit sandwich and it was neat to get a glimpse about a lot of the places & things QP talk about or hint on here.

Was there anybody from PS.com on the videos who wants to out themselves?
perdurabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 13:04   #13
Irishsquid
Guerrilla

It is on youtube, but will likely be pulled. I haven't checked, and can't from work, but it may well be on the network's website. Many networks put their shows up for streaming. You can also download videos from Youtube, using a program I won't mention, though many probably already have it. I have no desire to assist in copyright infringement.

As to torrenting it...don't be an idiot. Are you really willing to risk your prospective SF career (Assuming you are trying for SF,) or whatever other career you have or aspire to, just to get a TV show you can likely acquire for free LEGALLY?

I watched it. Found it motivating. Might buy it, just for the hell of it.
Irishsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 13:41   #14
wet dog

Its been said before, as the older guys will attest too, not knowing every step is part of the adventure.

Role with it young brothers!

Wet Dog