Old 10-11-2005, 12:36   #1
El Cid
Auxiliary

Purchased first revolver

Finally broke down and did it. I have shot revolvers in the past, but never owned one. Shot it this weekend and it's a tack-driver! It is probably more play than carry, but I like that it is in the *proper* caliber if I need to carry it.

It's a S&W 625-2 in 45ACP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SW_625a (Medium).JPG (99.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg SW_625b (Medium).JPG (71.7 KB, 48 views)
El Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 16:50   #2
Go For Broke
Quiet Professional

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid
Finally broke down and did it.
Owed a case of beer for the "f" word?

V/R,
Go For Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 18:29   #3
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Yes, I believe that is a FIRST time owned.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 20:34   #4
HOLLiS
Area Commander

El Cid, congratulations, now with a wheel gun you can hang out with wheel people.
HOLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:24   #5
Detcord
Guerrilla

I always liked Smith wheelguns. Had a 629 and loved it until it was stolen.

Enjoy!!!
Detcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:27   #6
El Cid
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For Broke
Owed a case of beer for the "f" word?

V/R,
Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947
Yes, I believe that is a FIRST time owned.
Ruh roh... looks like I must have slept through part of indoc. Where are these rules about words please?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:34   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Ruh roh... looks like I must have slept through part of indoc. Where are these rules about words please?

El Cid,

If you're not SF then I would not expect you to understand the term "first" in Special Forces "speak". I'm sure someone on here will explain in depth.

TS
Old 10-12-2005, 08:56   #8
El Cid
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
El Cid,

If you're not SF then I would not expect you to understand the term "first" in Special Forces "speak". I'm sure someone on here will explain in depth.

TS
Roger, good copy. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:22   #9
Bob1984
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Finally broke down and did it. I have shot revolvers in the past, but never owned one. Shot it this weekend and it's a tack-driver! It is probably more play than carry, but I like that it is in the *proper* caliber if I need to carry it.

It's a S&W 625-2 in 45ACP.
That's a very nice weapon, congratulations on your purchase. What's the recoil like in practical terms ?
Bob1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:42   #10
El Cid
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1984
That's a very nice weapon, congratulations on your purchase. What's the recoil like in practical terms ?
Thanks! I was shooting 230gr ball and JHPs... the recoil was not much at all. Not sure if that will change when I replace the factory Hogue rubber with a wooden grip, but the full lug, 5" barrel helps and 45 (non +P) hasn't the reputation for kicking the way the magnums do. It's easily controlled during rapid DA fire.
Old 10-12-2005, 14:23   #11
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Thanks! I was shooting 230gr ball and JHPs... the recoil was not much at all. Not sure if that will change when I replace the factory Hogue rubber with a wooden grip, but the full lug, 5" barrel helps and 45 (non +P) hasn't the reputation for kicking the way the magnums do. It's easily controlled during rapid DA fire.

The Jerry Miculek model with the slick wooden grips is pretty nice. I got to shoot one at the DPMS Tri Gun Challenge this year. Coolest part of it was that Jerry and his wife Kay were in my squad.

I would seriously consider the Miculek grips on any large frame revolver that I would even think about carrying.

Good times,
Blake
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 13:20   #12
longtab
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
El Cid,

TS
Implied task understood TS.

El Cid,
If you ever have the privilege of grabbing a locker in an SF team room be prepared to pay for your "firsts"... ALL your "firsts". This will be your 1st team PT session, 1st team party, 1st team jump, 1st team photo, 1st team TDY, hell even the 1st unit SRP. And firsts are paid for in BEER.

On the whole team guys aren't counting... just be cautious of the "f" word. So if you ever show up to a team room remember to wear your rhino skin, don't talk too much, and bring a hand-truck of some premium barley brews... to get a head start on your "firsts".

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~ George Orwell
longtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:19   #13
El Cid
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtab
Implied task understood TS.

El Cid,
If you ever have the privilege of grabbing a locker in an SF team room be prepared to pay for your "firsts"... ALL your "firsts". This will be your 1st team PT session, 1st team party, 1st team jump, 1st team photo, 1st team TDY, hell even the 1st unit SRP. And firsts are paid for in BEER.

On the whole team guys aren't counting... just be cautious of the "f" word. So if you ever show up to a team room remember to wear your rhino skin, don't talk too much, and bring a hand-truck of some premium barley brews... to get a head start on your "firsts".
Good info! Thanks.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:01   #14
Razor
Quiet Professional

The genesis of this tradition, as it was explained to me, was that an SF guy never admits to not having done/seen/experienced/witnessed/etc anything at least once before, therefore adding to the image of supreme knowledge and experience. If you do anything to tarnish that image, to include admitting to an event being your 'first', you owe your teammates an offering to aid them in forgiving your gross transgression.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote