Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 11:44   #136
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Seattle!?!? But... but..... mah Starbucks!
Lol, guns and coffee should NOT mean...guns for Marquise Tolbert, the one with 20 convictions - three felonies last year alone.
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:06   #137
Box
Quiet Professional
 
Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 4,046
Quote:
Jenny Durkan is an ineffective mayor.
I disagree.
Jenny Durkan is a very effective leftist.

Mayor Durkin has "liberally" executed agenda driven solutions to those very issues that people claim to care about; traffic, drugs, drug traffic, homelessness, and yes, crime.

The left may not preach openly about it, but the left certainly govern in a manner that suggests a tacit acceptance of the Cloward-Piven strategy.
...and yes, we all know media is complicit. That self righteous demographic of American society that showers praise on those that best demonstrate the ability to replicate the founding father of yellow journalism.

Much like Orwells 1984, the Ministry of Truth (aka Seattle Times) can report that crime is down and it doesn't really matter that people on the streets know that crime isn’t down. Leftist don't care about fact, only that the media has reported what they want to hear.

Leftist's homes may be getting broken into - but it is because of right wing policy and the evil orange man in the oval office.

Car windows are still getting smashed; there is no liberal argument to dispute that unfortunate turn of events, but it is happening because of republicans and their guns.

The media will continue to say crime is down in Seattle because the crime caused by limousine liberals - safe in their walled communities as their armed security details roam the grounds - is down.

The problem is, you CANNOT look at this like a math problem.
I understand that "WHY?" is a question you might ask...
...because "math" is a racially biased concept that is forced on the downtrodden by a rich white entitled european cisgendered male dominated patriarchy.

The inevitable surge in crime is because conservatives continue to cling to guns and religion and antipathy to people that are different from them.
Seattle is in ruins because sanders-esque democratic socialism (aka communism) just hasn't been properly executed.
...yet
__________________
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, or The 1st Special Forces Regiment. These opinions are provided purely as social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

...Hillary Klint0n is NOT my president


"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 01-24-2020 at 12:09.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 17:52   #138
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 5,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
,,,"math" is a racially biased concept that is forced on the downtrodden by a rich white entitled european cisgendered male dominated patriarchy.
Yeah, ok. Wait - I think I missed the rich part.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 22:01   #139
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,264
Getting spicy out there...an interesting take on current events in VA and nationwide.

I Was Wrong – They Want War
By Marta Hernandez
January 25, 2020

I admit it – I was wrong.

Last week I advised that the best course of action as the left attacks our rights is to keep a civil course, wow them with facts, decency, and knowledge and defend our rights with knowledge, passion, and eloquence.

I felt that we could win based on logic and rational discourse, but having watched the events of this week unfold in front of my eyes, I realize just how wrong I was.

I thought that after engaging with our political opponents en masse, peacefully stating our concerns, and rationally discussing the issues of due process and Second Amendment rights in Richmond, the Democrats would step away from their insane assault on our freedoms.

I was wrong.

Despite concerns which the Democrats admitted to have had about the proposed “red flag law” during discussions with the press and with gun rights advocates, they advanced this appalling legislation the very next day after the massive rally in Richmond, disingenuously claiming that the measure is “thoughtful” and preserves due process. They jammed through other appalling bills, limiting the ability of peaceable Virginians to exercise their rights, without so much as a second thought, claiming that “elections have consequences.”

A Democratic-led House committee voted Friday for several pieces of gun legislation that a Republican majority has blocked for years. Those bills include limiting handgun purchases to once a month; universal background checks on gun purchases; allowing localities to ban guns in public buildings, parks and other areas; and a red flag bill that would allow authorities to temporarily take guns away from anyone deemed to be dangerous to themselves or others.

Based on previous interactions with some of these legislators, I thought they would give consideration to the people whom they represent, even if those people didn’t vote for them or disagree with them politically.

I was wrong.

Virginia Democrats are now in the process of jamming bills down our throats that threatens our First Amendment rights. It’s already illegal to threaten to kill, injure, bomb, etc. government buildings or officials in Virginia, but Senate Bill 1627 goes a step further.

The bar for harassment is already as low as “vulgar language” in Virginia’s code 18.2-152.7:1: If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. Bourne’s bill proposes adding the following amendment: A violation of this section may be prosecuted in the jurisdiction in which the communication was made or received or in the City of Richmond if the person subjected to the act is one of the following officials or employees of the Commonwealth: the Governor, Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General, or Attorney General-elect, a member or employee of the General Assembly, a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, or a judge of the Court of Appeals of Virginia.

Bourne’s Bill also changes the language of “he shall be guilty” to “he is guilty” of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Not only do the twisted, power-hungry politicians in Richmond want to relieve you of your right to keep and bear arms, but they want to criminalize criticism of the very elected officials Virginians put into office!

Let’s remember, boys and girls. These pernicious fucks work for us, but they’re trying to keep themselves in power by silencing detractors and appealing to fetid ignorami.

And if you think this trend is limited to Virginia, you would be wrong too.

The proglodyte sociopaths have a chokehold on the Democrats, so much that they feel they have to pander to their insanity by promising abortions on demand for biological males and paying off billions of dollars in college loans at taxpayer expense, while screwing Americans who have been fiscally responsible with their earnings.

I thought there were sane Democrats left in this country.

I was wrong.

There may be some decent leftists here and there, but the shrieking, perpetually aggrieved progressive parasites have taken over, and they want you silenced and stripped of any dignity and freedoms.

The “Wax My Balls” and “Make My Cake, Bigot” woke fascists want war, and they might just get it.

Antifa is parading around in masks, threatening those who don’t toe the progressive line and even assaulting them.

A field organizer for one of the front runners for the Democratic nomination has recently professed his love for gulags to reeducate his political opponents and squawked that he was ready for the revolution.

I was wrong.

These people won’t listen to reason, and they are determined to destroy us – libertarians, moderate Republicans, hardcore conservatives, and RINOs. They don’t care. They want us gone, and they’re willing to lie, malign, and destroy using any means possible.

Elizabeth Warren is perfectly happy denigrating judges appointed by President Trump as “Homophobic, racist, sexist, and anti-voter.” And Occasional Cortex wants to change the meaning of the word “ethical” to mean giving up your property, autonomy, and freedom, as well as your earnings to those who have accomplished nothing, done nothing with their lives, learned nothing, and earned nothing, so that idiots can steal from you and control you at will.

I thought the Democrats could be reasoned with.

I was wrong.

They don’t want to just have power over you. They want you gone. They want you “re-educated” to toe their ideological line, and they are perfectly willing to use your tax dollars to ensure that your freedom of expression and your BadThink are eradicated – violently, if they have to.

This is a matter of survival – not just for conservatives, but for anyone who values freedom.

This is not just about gun rights, or free speech rights. These people are out in the open, and they want to destroy you – everything you are.

I thought the Democrats wanted the same things for our nation as we do, and we merely disagreed on the best way to accomplish this.

I was wrong.

They don’t care about human rights, as they claim. They care about giving themselves power over you, over your thoughts, over your achievements and earnings. They don’t consider you human.

They want to burn it all down, and they will do whatever is necessary to ensure that happens. OK, let’s see what happens.

They want you gone. Act accordingly.

https://victorygirlsblog.com/i-was-wrong-they-want-war/
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:11   #140
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 5,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Getting spicy out there...an interesting take on current events in VA and nationwide.
....

https://victorygirlsblog.com/i-was-wrong-they-want-war/
Great find, thanks. "Woke" is going to come to have a new meaning.
The blog site is worth a visit as well.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:11   #141
Pete
Quiet Professional
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 12,521
For those of you who didn't vote - or voted third party this is what you get.

It boils down to "Our guy or their guy".

Make your fight in the primaries - but in the main election it is only "Our guy or their guy".
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:03   #142
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 5,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
For those of you who didn't vote - or voted third party this is what you get.

It boils down to "Our guy or their guy".

Make your fight in the primaries - but in the main election it is only "Our guy or their guy".
Bingo, X-ring. We've had this discussion before but it's worth repeating because this is war and the result is a binary thing. There is winner, there is loser. One is not like the other.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:38   #143
Hand
Guerrilla Chief
 
Hand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 863
Quote:
Last week I advised that the best course of action as the left attacks our rights is to keep a civil course, wow them with facts, decency, and knowledge and defend our rights with knowledge, passion, and eloquence.
Have we gained any ground doing this?

Meanwhile, the lefts' spear tip, antifa, has used violence in many cases in many places and has not been made illegal, "deplatformed", "silenced", dis-twitterfied, banned from facebook etc...

The left is obviously quite ready and wiling to NOT use logic and reason to further their agenda as demonstrated in Virginia. Those smug legislators knew that all those nice folks out there would never dare to cross the "Please do not protest any closer than this line" signs.

If this thing really is a war, and it is, the left is the only one actually doing any fighting.
__________________
"I'm going trick or treating at an all women's college dressed as a safe space." - Divemaster

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:35   #144
Box
Quiet Professional
 
Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 4,046
nothing is binary

if there are multiple genders then there MUST be non-losers.
fairness
equality
diversity
tolerance
inclusiveness


See - I just put down a bunch of catch words - everything is all better - it just proves that being woke transcends partisan politics !!!
__________________
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, or The 1st Special Forces Regiment. These opinions are provided purely as social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

...Hillary Klint0n is NOT my president


"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:32   #145
grog18b
Guerrilla
 
grog18b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canton, PA
Posts: 223
The best course of action, IMO, is just that... Action.

We've (the collective right) have taken too much shit, for far too long, and we are paying the price now. If the NRA and other people on the right, fought tooth and nail, collectively, for our firearms rights, back in 1921, and every time bullshit laws were threatened, we would be enjoying a much free'er America right now.

Instead, many of those people rolled over... "Who NEEDS a machine gun for hunting?" ...and laws, and bans were born.

...and now we are fighting for every scrap. ...and people STILL want "compromise" and "common sense gun laws".

Every single inch we give, means we have to fight harder in the future.

I say Omaha beach their asses. Hit the beach hard, don't let up, don't stop, until you get to Berlin. That's how you win. This piecemeal bullshit is not going to work. Fight the fight now, before the war is lost.

We will never win the war, if we fight every battle with logic, facts, and reason. The left does not comprehend these things. We will never get them to see any of those things, no matter how many facts you throw their way. Won't work. Ever try logic on an angry woman? Don't work. Same here. They are so emotional that they cannot and will not see the forest through the trees.

To coin a phrase... Just say no. No to any more loss of liberty. If they want to argue, answer their argument with a clear and determined piss off. Debating emotional idiots is how we got where we are. We compromise, they don't. Just say no more.
__________________
"...as far as rights go, I look at them this way. I won't tell you what kind of church to go to, you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own."

Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
grog18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 14:52   #146
bblhead672
Area Commander
 
bblhead672's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,190
The amerikan communists mistake the right's tolerance of being punched in the nose as weakness and lack of desire to take action.
They don't understand what the response will be when they push too far and make their opponents forgo civility and restraint.
They don't understand that we're listening when they talk about gulags and re-education, about ridding the country of "deplorables."

Be careful democratic socialists...you probably will like us even less when we say "enough!"

Last edited by bblhead672; 01-29-2020 at 14:54.
bblhead672 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 15:03   #147
Penn
Area Commander
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,856
The only way to deal with Va House Bill 1627 is to gather in Richmond in masses and insult the shit out of Gov.Blackface Northam, Jeffery Bourne, and others. Print fliers that say they should be tarred and feathered, that they are POS, and should be held accountable for crimes against nature.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...201+sum+HB1627
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 15:09   #148
Penn
Area Commander
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,856
Use the new meme for D卐M☭CRAT whenever possible, pluralize when necessary.
Been to three printers to contract my feeble UW magnetic car sign to attach to my car while I drive around NJ. All have refused to make the signs.

The future is Socialism
Vote
D卐M☭CRATic
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:27   #149
Florida Patriot
Asset
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
The best course of action, IMO, is just that... Action.

We've (the collective right) have taken too much shit, for far too long, and we are paying the price now. If the NRA and other people on the right, fought tooth and nail, collectively, for our firearms rights, back in 1921, and every time bullshit laws were threatened, we would be enjoying a much free'er America right now.

Instead, many of those people rolled over... "Who NEEDS a machine gun for hunting?" ...and laws, and bans were born.

...and now we are fighting for every scrap. ...and people STILL want "compromise" and "common sense gun laws".

Every single inch we give, means we have to fight harder in the future.

I say Omaha beach their asses. Hit the beach hard, don't let up, don't stop, until you get to Berlin. That's how you win. This piecemeal bullshit is not going to work. Fight the fight now, before the war is lost.

We will never win the war, if we fight every battle with logic, facts, and reason. The left does not comprehend these things. We will never get them to see any of those things, no matter how many facts you throw their way. Won't work. Ever try logic on an angry woman? Don't work. Same here. They are so emotional that they cannot and will not see the forest through the trees.

To coin a phrase... Just say no. No to any more loss of liberty. If they want to argue, answer their argument with a clear and determined piss off. Debating emotional idiots is how we got where we are. We compromise, they don't. Just say no more.
I agree with everything quoted above. The left is and can play the long game in violating our 2A rights. We have sat back & compromised every step along the way. Look at how firearms owners are vilified in the media, our schools, in the court of public opinion, etc... Suzie soccer mom gets involved with groups like MDA & stands on the bodies of dead kids to help promote this agenda. Reasoning (compromising) with them will not work.

With that said, & considering the attack currently underway in the state of VA, what should we do next? How do we keep the momentum? There are certainly many smarter folks here than me so feel free to correct me if you think this doesn't make any sense.

We need to some how put the ball back in their court in the public eye. If VA is to be the battlefield, as it should be, I would suggest that non-violent disobedience would be the place to start. I know that is happening now in every ban state but we need to kick it up a notch. Look at all the counties in VA that declared themselves "2A Sanctuary" counties. Most of those counties had the support & backing of the local Sheriff. If the sheriff's in those counties released a resolution or continued to support the citizens by not enforcing any new gun laws handed down by the GA that would force old blackface to show his hand. If coonman decides to play dirty by using state LEO or even the NG, well then the boogaloo might just kick off. If the chief LEO in any county knows he has the support of the people who elected him it would make coonman look like the petty dictator he is. We might get out of it without a shot being fired.
The support from fellow citizens in other states would be overwhelming, coonman would face a backlash of opposition in the media or at least in the court of public opinion. This all hinges on the local LEO not rolling over to the state.
__________________
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

-- Samuel Adams --
Florida Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:39   #150
grog18b
Guerrilla
 
grog18b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canton, PA
Posts: 223
The place, for now, to fight this is at the ballot box, recall elections...

The problem is, he won't face any media scrutiny, because the left owns the media. We are being vilified, just as the Jews were before WW2. Called Nazis, supremacists, and racists. Regardless of how many people of different races were actually there at the rally... We, and any actions we take, will be downplayed and criticized by the propaganda arm of the left. It wouldn't have mattered if all Virginians showed up to that rally, the media would have still lacked coverage of it. After all, if it is not in the news... it never happened. ...and Gov blackface wasn't even there. So much for giving a shit what the people think, or having the balls to at least stand up for his position. He ran. Pussy.

We know... our friends know... but the sheep that religiously follow the "news" know that there are problems in the royal family. None of us have given a shit about the royal family since 1776... but to them... it's important.

I'm living in the first sanctuary county in PA. We got a jump on the BS. Others are following suit. We all know what box comes after the ballot box. None of us want that. That said, we should not give another inch, and should be taking back what once was ours. Liberty.
__________________
"...as far as rights go, I look at them this way. I won't tell you what kind of church to go to, you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own."

Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
grog18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:24.



Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies