Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-18-2021, 06:32   #1
Badger52
Area Commander

A Voice of Rebellion to Indoctrination

Here is a letter written by a parent (apparently a very well-off parent) to others regarding their decision to pull their child out of a very exclusive NY private school.

Link and full letter, well-organized, over at Conservative Treehouse here.

Quote:
One Parent of New York City Indoctrination School Has Had Enough
April 17, 2021 | Sundance | 117 Comments

Brearley is a private all-girls school on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City. Tuition costs $54,000 a year and prospective families apparently have to take an “anti-racism pledge” to be considered for admission. However, one family has had enough of the indoctrination machine and penned an eloquent letter explaining their reason for removing their daughter.

April 13, 2021

Dear Fellow Brearley Parents,

Our family recently made the decision not to reenroll our daughter at Brearley for the 2021-22 school year. She has been at Brearley for seven years, beginning in kindergarten. In short, we no longer believe that Brearley’s administration and Board of Trustees have any of our children’s best interests at heart. Moreover, we no longer have confidence that our daughter will receive the quality of education necessary to further her development into a critically thinking, responsible, enlightened, and civic minded adult. I write to you, as a fellow parent, to share our reasons for leaving the Brearley community but also to urge you to act before the damage to the school, to its community, and to your own child’s education is irreparable.

It cannot be stated strongly enough that Brearley’s obsession with race must stop. It should be abundantly clear to any thinking parent that Brearley has completely lost its way. The administration and the Board of Trustees have displayed a cowardly and appalling lack of leadership by appeasing an anti-intellectual, illiberal mob, and then allowing the school to be captured by that same mob. What follows are my own personal views on Brearley’s antiracism initiatives, but these are just a handful of the criticisms that I know other parents have expressed.

I object to the view that I should be judged by the color of my skin. I cannot tolerate a school that not only judges my daughter by the color of her skin, but encourages and instructs her to prejudge others by theirs. By viewing every element of education, every aspect of history, and every facet of society through the lens of skin color and race, we are desecrating the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., and utterly violating the movement for which such civil rights leaders believed, fought, and died.

I object to the charge of systemic racism in this country, and at our school. Systemic racism, properly understood, is segregated schools and separate lunch counters. It is the interning of Japanese and the exterminating of Jews. Systemic racism is unequivocally not a small number of isolated incidences over a period of decades. Ask any girl, of any race, if they have ever experienced insults from friends, have ever felt slighted by teachers or have ever suffered the occasional injustice from a school at which they have spent up to 13 years of their life, and you are bound to hear grievances, some petty, some not. We have not had systemic racism against Blacks in this country since the civil rights reforms of the 1960s, a period of more than 50 years. To state otherwise is a flat-out misrepresentation of our country’s history and adds no understanding to any of today’s societal issues. If anything, longstanding and widespread policies such as affirmative action, point in precisely the opposite direction.

I object to a definition of systemic racism, apparently supported by Brearley, that any educational, professional, or societal outcome where Blacks are underrepresented is prima facie evidence of the aforementioned systemic racism, or of white supremacy and oppression. Facile and unsupported beliefs such as these are the polar opposite to the intellectual and scientific truth for which Brearley claims to stand. Furthermore, I call bullshit on Brearley’s oft-stated assertion that the school welcomes and encourages the truly difficult and uncomfortable conversations regarding race and the roots of racial discrepancies.
Rest of the letter at the link & a worthwhile read imo.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:29   #2
EricV
Guerrilla

The comments section is interesting reading. I suspect Gutmann's life will become more difficult
Old 04-18-2021, 09:23   #3
Paslode
Area Commander

Great read! The one word that really caught my eye was "illiberal".

It would interesting to know if Mr. Gutmann is a liberal who voted for Biden.

Here's is Brearley's response to Mr. Gutmann:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...hallenged.html

Last edited by Paslode; 04-18-2021 at 09:29. Reason: Added a link
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:25   #4
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Elitist "Girls" School:

Do they have sports scholarships that are available to "people" who identify as female minorities...? What a wonderful school, I may apply for next years track & field scholarship? This BS has gone too far & must be stopped.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:49   #5
cbtengr
Area Commander

I would say that he nailed it. He is certainly not alone in his opinion.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:52   #6
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
The comments section is interesting reading. I suspect Gutmann's life will become more difficult
Apostasy is severely punished by all cults.
The left is no different.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 19:33   #7
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
Apostasy is severely punished by all cults.
The left is no different.
Oh, si Senor! He has, by his writing, impugned the choices of his community peers. This is way beyond simply saying the Emperor is really naked.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 20:58   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

The Inquisition returns!

Apostates and heretics beware!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote