Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 02-15-2006, 10:42   #16
Scorpion6
Asset

hope

I can only hope that in this call to increase SOF, that DOD doesnt lower standards. But from my sources actually in SF and NAVSOF they refuse to do that, which gives me hope that if and when i make that transfer from Psyop to SF i wont find myself surrounding by undeserving newbees. Because i can say without a doubt, that in the Army's call to increase this job by 33%, we have seen a decrease in experienced soldiers. I am surrounded by 75% of newly made psyop soldiers. and although this can be dealt with by hardened NCOs, the command has floundered in what is "PSYOP". i say thats great! increase psyop, the US is all about taking the enemy down, but now we realize we need to help these countries take care of themselves, and we can help with that. But i am fighting a battle under a command with no objective. we are just out there, as individuals under commands that think they know what it is we are supposed to do. So getting back to the discussion, its great to increase but i think it should be spawned from within, under each branches watchful eye. And not make the mistake of drastically decreasing our effectiviness to do the job RIGHT! by increasing numbers and letting the quality fall to the wayside.
Scorpion6 is offline   Reply With Quote