Old 11-07-2005, 19:31   #1
JPH
SF Candidate

the "+"

sometimes there is a "+" next to a user name, Why?
In addition to that if anyone has time to either tell me what all the different “titles” given to members mean, or point me to a post that dose. I have read back from page 6 of this thread to here, I could have missed it easy but I don’t think I did.

i.e.
Quiet Professional = Quiet Professional get it got it good

Moderator = Moderator that one was easy as well

Asset = ME and everyone else that might have something of use but more or less is allowed here in to learn.

Guerrilla = ? What is done to earn this title?

Area Commander = ?

Gunship pilot = Cobra Pilot, got that from his profile

Gone Huntin’ = ?

I know there are more but no one has time to spend all day holding my hand, if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
JPH

Last edited by JPH; 11-07-2005 at 19:57.
JPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 19:45   #2
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

That is because you have selected them to be on your "Buddy List".
Old 11-07-2005, 20:20   #3
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Somewhere there is a breakdown of the titles and their relation to the number of posts the user has but I cannot find it to save my life.

Some have special titles because one Admin or another has seen fit to bestow a name upon that particular user (For better or worse) FTFSI for example means that that user did not fill out their profile and introduce themself in the intro thread. FS on the other hand has had and will continue to have varied user titles depending on which Admin she has decided to pester that week ( ) HTH
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 20:41   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH
sometimes there is a "+" next to a user name, Why?
In addition to that if anyone has time to either tell me what all the different “titles” given to members mean, or point me to a post that dose. I have read back from page 6 of this thread to here, I could have missed it easy but I don’t think I did.

i.e.
Quiet Professional = Quiet Professional get it got it good

Moderator = Moderator that one was easy as well

Asset = ME and everyone else that might have something of use but more or less is allowed here in to learn.

Guerrilla = ? What is done to earn this title?

Area Commander = ?

Gunship pilot = Cobra Pilot, got that from his profile

Gone Huntin’ = ?

I know there are more but no one has time to spend all day holding my hand, if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
JPH

I guess you have your work cut out for you. That is of course you require me to hold your hand.

Guerrilla, Asset, Area Commander and Quiet Professional all have something in common. I'll give you a hint, they all have something to do with Special Forces.

When we want your opinion we'll let you know.

Team Sergeant
Old 11-08-2005, 12:40   #5
jatx
Area Commander

The search button led me to a single thread from before I came on board:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...la+chief+title

I learn something new here every day!

(Aside: I briefly noticed my user title changed to G Chief around 250 posts, then it reverted to G until a couple of weeks ago, now it's back to G Chief. That's sort of curious.)
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 22:59   #6
JPH
SF Candidate

thanks

I thank you all, for those that find this post before the others here it is…
Also if there are any updates that are need feel free to let us know.
I thank everyone for their time.

JPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
It is done.
Asset (Minimum Posts: 0)
Auxillary (Minimum Posts: 60)
Guerrilla (Minimum Posts: 100)
Guerrilla Chief (Minimum Posts: 500)
Area Commander (Minimum Posts: 1000)

Comments? anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
From Joint Pub 1-02.

You guys need to look around this board, and learn to Google or do internet research through another means.

HTH.

TR

asset — Any resource — person, group, relationship, instrument, installation, or supply — at the disposition of an intelligence organization for use in an operational or support role. Often used with a qualifying term such as agent asset or propaganda asset.

Auxiliary --- The Auxiliary provides logistical support to the resistance movement . Auxiliary units may contain communications ,material support, transportation, and other units whose mission is to provide logistics support to the resistance. The Auxiliary may at times conduct limited combat operations in order to support actions undertaken by the guerrilla force.

guerrilla — A combat participant in guerrilla warfare. See also unconventional warfare.

guerrilla force — A group of irregular, predominantly indigenous personnel organized along military lines to conduct military and paramilitary operations in enemy-held, hostile, or denied territory. (JP 3-05)

insurgent — Member of a political party who rebels against established leadership. See also antiterrorism; counterinsurgency; insurgency. (JP 3-07.2)

An area commander will have an area in the GWOA with several units of G's under G Chiefs working for him.