Old 08-17-2019, 23:10   #2536
ShamgarTheJudge
Asset

Hello From Southern California

Hey everyone,

I’m a 30 year old, married father of two. I have no previous military service. I earned a BA in Political Science back in 2011, but have worked in Behavioral Health (therapy for kids with autism) and public utilities (I work for a major natural gas provider in California as a Field Technician, trying to get into our Distribution department).

I’m currently seeking a Rep-63 Contract through Utah and the opportunity to enter the SF Pipeline. I have a load of questions regarding my particular situation (possibly commuting to and from Utah for drill, transferring to the CA Guard SF Battalion, etc), but those can wait. There’s a long journey ahead.

I have been going through the threads to soak up as much as possible and will do my best to adhere to the standards and do my own legwork in my pursuits. I’m glad and thankful to be here, to have access to the knowledge and wisdom of current and veteran Snake Eaters. I’m here to learn and to speak as little as possible. Thank you.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:08   #2537
Davecgar
Asset

Introduction

Greetings,

First off I would like to thank all the Special Forces soldiers for their dedicated service and sacrifice for this country and their brothers in arms. Also thank you for your willingness to share your vast knowledge on this site to help others on their path to SF.

I am a 22 year old college student in my senior year of my engineering degree program. I am also a 13J in the Army National Guard. My goal is to go to SFAS in the spring of 2020, when I graduate college and my NG contract is up.

I have used this site since high school to learn and research about SF. I am very thankful for the QPs on this site for all the information I have gained over the years and have the upmost respect for the job you do.

Now back to PT.
Davecgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 23:22   #2538
Tx_runner
Asset

Howdy from Texas

Hello all on Professional Soldiers,

I currently am a college sophomore going for a Civil Engineering major.
I plan on finishing out this semester and then shipping off with an 18X.

I have already met with my local recruiter the past few weeks and I am working on my paperwork to go to MEPS.

January is when I am aiming for a spot at 18X. So until then, I will be reading "Get Selected", along with other books recommended within Get Selected.

I have been physically preparing just for SF since this summer with Hard To Kill fitness programs.

Ever since I found out about SF I immediately knew I wanted to join.
Thanks to all of the Quiet Professionals and prospective Green Berets for imparting your knowledge to us!
Tx_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 18:10   #2539
Lm81
Asset

How you guys doing today I'm so happy to find this forum... I'm a 38 male currently just got back in the New York national guard heading to ocs summer of 2020 I'm a Narcotics detective in the Bronx. Hopeing to branch infantry and put in a package to go to sfas after the required time in rank. Looking forward to learning about sf life and the pipeline.
Lm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 21:17   #2540
Steelcurtain

Intro

Hey everyone,

I am a prior service Naval Aircrewman. Separated a few years ago and worked as a contractor while finishing my bachelor's degree. Now a few weeks away from completing my master's degree and in the meantime I ruck, run, and do calisthenics daily in preparation for the 18X route.

Thank you to all those who contribute to this community and to those that fight for the protection of my freedoms.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:38   #2541
Obviously Blind
Asset

INTRO

Sup Brochachos,

I am a AD Marine. PCSing to 2nd Mar Div soon, wish I could have stayed at 1st Marines. Thinking about going 18E after this contract or doing an early sep towards the end.

Respect to everyone who serves.
Obviously Blind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:22   #2542
AERØ
Asset

INTRODUCTION

Hello, I am 27 and Prior Service Army. I joined the military when I was 19 in the Hopes of going to Special Forces and was never given the chance while on Active Duty...Ive never really had big issues in the PT aspects as I usually score in the low 300's (extended scales) while in and even now while i've been going to school using the G.I Bill... I've been working out/running/rucking on and off and staying active every single day while also reading and doing brain games, push-ups/sit-ups/ and many other workouts to improve my over all focus and memory skills while being fatigued. I am currently working with a local Recruiter to obtain a 18X contract in the hopes of getting a shot at selection this go around. I have been reading and Taking Notes from the GET SELECTED!!! book for a about a week now while also reading "The Ugly American" "masters of chaos" "chosen soldier" and studying hard to re-take the ASVAB while I am in the The Police Academy at a local C.C. My first go-around I only got a 98 GT score, so I got a private tutor at the local Community College helping me out and teaching me new test-taking techniques I had no idea even existed before to get my scores above 110. I found this site while researching the the SF Groups and their history and areas of operation around the globe. I am here to learn and study and take in as much helpful guidance as I can from the "Quite Professionals" and make sure I prepare the right way (smarter NOT harder) and can become an asset to a ODA some day, if I actually am Selected...

-Thank You All For Your Great Service, Sacrifices, And Commitment to Our Great Nation along with the Mentorship you Show those willing to attempt your unique way of life and the understanding of it...again thank you.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER
AERØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 21:39   #2543
Anthony112233
Asset

I’m currently serving in the Army at Ft Hood as a mechanic (91b), I plan on going through SFAS in April 2020 I’m excited but know I got to work hard before going. It’s a dream of mine I think about it constantly.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:36   #2544
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony112233 View Post
I’m currently serving in the Army at Ft Hood as a mechanic (91b), I plan on going through SFAS in April 2020 I’m excited but know I got to work hard before going. It’s a dream of mine I think about it constantly.
Good luck, if I can do it, you can also. I started out as a mechanic (63B). I also know several who have been mechanics as well.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:44   #2545
Rackem88
Asset

Greetings fellas,

I have been a lurker on this board for sometime and have used it as a resource to prepare for the Army. I have been fortunate to obtain an 18x contract for next year and am ready to get after it. Currently I am 29 years old, work as a farmer, and grew up as a swimmer, wrestler, and lacrosse player. I have been using Atomic Athlete’s War Machine program for a few months now. I am thankful for this forum as a resource and the guys who dedicate time to help us out.

Thank you,
Rackem
Rackem88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 20:09   #2546
4ndy182
Asset

Greetings!

I’m Andrew W. Currently active duty getting ready for my first PCS. Originally from California. Looking forward to some sound advice. Went to selection last November and came unprepared for land nav. Spent too much time focusing on the end goal and not enough on my 25m target.
4ndy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 20:32   #2547
Sky Trash
Asset

Good evening, I’ve been a part of this forum for awhile lurking and needed to post my intro so here I am. Currently serving at my first unit as an LPN with hopes to become a 18D. I’ve been soaking up as much as I can from this forum and plan to keep soaking it in until I pass SFAS.
Sky Trash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 13:31   #2548
Kentucky514
Asset

Introduction

Hello all and thank you so much for making a space on your website for guests like myself. I have been preparing to go 18x after I finish my bachelor's degree for several years but experienced several issues that set me back. Regardless, I am continuing to push through and hope to be ready soon. The SF mission is so vital and unique. I sincerely hope to someday have the privilege of contributing to it. In the meantime, I am just trying to hit the 25m target.
Kentucky514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 17:35   #2549
eightytwo
Asset

Intro

Z

Last edited by eightytwo; 01-31-2020 at 18:52.
eightytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 22:06   #2550
Joker
Quiet Professional

Welcome and best of luck to those that are aspiring to earn the Green Beret.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote