Old 05-04-2008, 20:13   #151
85diver
Quiet Professional

B-3-7 here. ODA 7325 or the ODA formerly known as 785. depends on which era you come from. i kinda like the old tm numbers better.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:46   #152
Bayonet14
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_baghdad View Post
ODB here.........795 with Cpt Walker (no, not the 'Thunderdome' Walker)...Then Jon B..., Jose M.....then to '97 and Jonny B again before he bailed......

I did the Lighthouse quite often, skateboarder son, crazy beautiful daughter, and lil 'un ran with Badgers lil girl. I was often accused of being the lobster king as I raided all the good holes and kept the freezer full. Some of you stopped by my house with beer at noon 'cause if the Tiki lights were on later, the beer was cold by then and gone by morning. I have been remiss with this site but am known as razor_baghdad 'bout everywhere else, to include yahoo.

Send me some PM's....looking for some old friends.....
Speaking of the move - where in the hell did that bus come from that was brought back from PR? My god that thing was junk ... tell me you didn't get it from the Navy.....

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 05-11-2008 at 08:59. Reason: fixed quote
Bayonet14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:31   #153
RB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Speaking of the move - where in the hell did that bus come from that was brought back from PR? My god that thing was junk ... tell me you didn't get it from the Navy.....
We bought vans and cars from Navy DRMO PR but we smashed 'em up during an MTT PSD....

I'm sure a few vehicles made it back tho...don't remember the bus....

jbrew?? one-zero?? kgoerz??

~D-6606~

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 05-11-2008 at 09:00.
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 15:10   #154
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

hola.
Old 05-27-2008, 15:14   #155
Blitzzz (RIP)
Quiet Professional

I liked 7th also.

I don't have a true home in any group, i spent 3 years in each of these ; 1st. 7th 10th Det "A". 10 th, and 5th, also 3 years at Key West. Lots of good experiences all around the world. I feel very lucky.Blitz

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Blitzzz (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 18:16   #156
Amato
Quiet Professional

In 1/7th, currently in 18E hell haha.
Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:42   #157
Don
Quiet Professional

7th Group

Former Echo with ODA 744 93-97. 740 Commo NCO 97-98. Great times and great folks. Retired in 05 and back working for DA as a civilian.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:15   #158
Mgrayfox
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up

I spent a little time in 7th SFG, A/3/7, B/3/7, B/2/7, HHC 7th SFG. My last posting was in 1993 when I retired. "Siempre Listo"
Mgrayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:44   #159
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome.

You might want to go back and reread the registration message to see where your first post goes.

Or just ask Blitzz.

Then come back and tell us where and what you did in B/2/7.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 18:29   #160
incommin
Quiet Professional

B/7th when it conducted pre mission training for Vietnam and supported Gabriel Demonstration Area....... in 67-68

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Jim
incommin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 15:01   #161
FldDoc
Quiet Professional

Winding down my career in this life and getting ready to move to the next. 7th Group Med now.

If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, join SF.
FldDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 17:18   #162
Soft Target
"SF Loggie"

You Funny Reaper-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Yeah, leave Ivan Ivanovitch's banana trees alone.

(old 3/7 story)

TR
"Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are."

S-4, 3/7, 78-80
Soft Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:07   #163
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Yeah, leave Ivan Ivanovitch's banana trees alone.

(old 3/7 story)

TR
TR et al,

We could write a bestselling book on the many "command" exploits of that famous 3/7th dynamic leadership duo, the Douche Bag and the Duffle Bag. You will only wear OD socks for PT! Oops...there goes another banana tree! Has anyone ever figured out which village was missing their Ivanov?

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 19:25   #164
Marvin Blank
Quiet Professional

I'm a FNG 18D on orders for 7th? Does that count?

Oh, and in regards to all of you guys' "beloved" SMAJ I., his son went through the course with my roomate....It was always amusing when, on the first day of whatever, the TAC got to that part of the roster, paused, and then looked up at him with a suspicious look....."You don't happen to have a relative with the first name of Sergent Major, do you?"
Apparently, it was not at all uncommon for TACS to interupt class during phase so and so....WHERE THE HELL IS I_______!!! OUT IN THE HALL!!! THIS IS FOR THE TIME THAT YOUR DAD MADE ME DO _____!!! ONE, TWO, THREE!!!! (Or, that's what I've heard)
"If any pale student glued to his desk here seek an apology for a way of life whose natural fruit is that pallid and emasculate scholarship, of which New England has had too many examples, it will be far better that this sketch had not been written. For the student there is, in its season, no better place than the saddle, and no better companion than the rifle or the oar." - Francis Parkman
Marvin Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 20:18   #165
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Blank View Post
I'm a FNG 18D on orders for 7th? Does that count?

Oh, and in regards to all of you guys' "beloved" SMAJ I., his son went through the course with my roomate....It was always amusing when, on the first day of whatever, the TAC got to that part of the roster, paused, and then looked up at him with a suspicious look....."You don't happen to have a relative with the first name of Sergent Major, do you?"
Apparently, it was not at all uncommon for TACS to interupt class during phase so and so....WHERE THE HELL IS I_______!!! OUT IN THE HALL!!! THIS IS FOR THE TIME THAT YOUR DAD MADE ME DO _____!!! ONE, TWO, THREE!!!! (Or, that's what I've heard)
That's almost as bad as Preacher Hodge's younger brother...the enlisted one. Too bad Jimmy Johnson wasn't around to break in the latest iteration of an "i" to SF.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein

Last edited by Richard; 08-19-2008 at 20:20.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote