Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 07-24-2010, 21:16   #16
Axe
Guerrilla

I am a peace-loving guy, but this is a situation where the hammer needs to meet the anvil, the anvil being between the ranches in question and the border.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 21:17   #17
nmap
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
In reality the cartels have been in every major US city for years....but we've been missing the violence.
There is a local publication...frankly, of less than sterling repute...which writes some cogent, well researched articles. I refer now to the San Antonio Current.

It seems that we have an extensive drug operation in our city that is largely tolerated. I do not doubt that other cities have similar presences. The excerpt below tells the tale.

LINK

Last month’s “Project Deliverance” federal drug-trafficking sweep netted arrests and drug seizures across the country — but not in the Alamo City. In the Western District, administered from San Antonio, the operation produced arrests in El Paso, Midland, and Alpine, charging defendants with links to Mexican drug-trafficking organizations out of Ciudad Juárez. Following the sweep, authorities trotted out more ominous assessments. “Drug trafficking across the Southwest border has led to a surge of drugs in neighborhoods across the U.S.,” said Kevin Perkins, assistant director of the FBI Criminal Investigative Division.

But if you haven’t noticed a surge in your neighborhood, you’re not alone. In the first article in this series [“A dry spillover,” May 12], the Current debunked official federal reports that San Antonio serves as a logistical hub for Mexican drug-trafficking organizations, and this latest federal enforcement action echoed our findings. This year’s National Drug Threat Assessment from the U.S. Justice Department and the National Drug Intelligence Center indicated illegal drug use has remained stable over the past five years, while the use of some drugs, including cocaine and methamphetamine, has actually declined.

(Excerpt. Please see attached PDF for the entire article if the link doesn't work)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf San Antonio Current.pdf (44.7 KB, 8 views)

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 21:34   #18
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. mabuse View Post
Can I say it!? Have 300 WM, will travel.

Truth be known, people are talking about vacationing down there in the coming months. And they have been advised that 'Dirty ACU' works well in the environment and to bring plates, lots sunscreen, hydration carriers, extra boots.

Anything could happen and some of it isn't good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmap View Post
There is a local publication...frankly, of less than sterling repute...which writes some cogent, well researched articles. I refer now to the San Antonio Current.

It seems that we have an extensive drug operation in our city that is largely tolerated. I do not doubt that other cities have similar presences. The excerpt below tells the tale.

LINK

Last month’s “Project Deliverance” federal drug-trafficking sweep netted arrests and drug seizures across the country — but not in the Alamo City. In the Western District, administered from San Antonio, the operation produced arrests in El Paso, Midland, and Alpine, charging defendants with links to Mexican drug-trafficking organizations out of Ciudad Juárez. Following the sweep, authorities trotted out more ominous assessments. “Drug trafficking across the Southwest border has led to a surge of drugs in neighborhoods across the U.S.,” said Kevin Perkins, assistant director of the FBI Criminal Investigative Division.

But if you haven’t noticed a surge in your neighborhood, you’re not alone. In the first article in this series [“A dry spillover,” May 12], the Current debunked official federal reports that San Antonio serves as a logistical hub for Mexican drug-trafficking organizations, and this latest federal enforcement action echoed our findings. This year’s National Drug Threat Assessment from the U.S. Justice Department and the National Drug Intelligence Center indicated illegal drug use has remained stable over the past five years, while the use of some drugs, including cocaine and methamphetamine, has actually declined.

(Excerpt. Please see attached PDF for the entire article if the link doesn't work)

A drive through Kansas City and you will find MS13 and Latin Kings tags, and you can find their members working for local lawn services in the suburbs.

There is no problem

Last edited by Paslode; 07-24-2010 at 21:47.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 22:25   #19
Paslode
Area Commander

The bloggers are having a spat over the validity of the story......

Old 07-24-2010, 22:30   #20
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
The bloggers are having a spat over the validity of the story......
Darn! Now I have to unpack the car and tell the dog to 'stand down'!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:36   #21
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 View Post
Unfortunately, I think it's going to take some innocent families getting gunned down by these cartels for there to be a big public outcry to really do something and enforce the border (at least that area).
That's already happened...and yet the border is still a sieve.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:07   #22
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
My retired O6 neighbor's kids live way to close to this.

I forwarded the link(s) with a suggestion they MOVE..

Thanks..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:44   #23
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
UPDATE ??

I found a blog pissing contest that suggest the "INVASION" is not..

Texas Hasn't Been Invaded

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:53   #24
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
I found a blog pissing contest that suggest the "INVASION" is not..

Texas Hasn't Been Invaded

The bloggers have a had a bad time this week, first with Sherrod and now this. Sherrod was nothing more than using the MSM's accepted practice of subjective sound bites to ruin someone.

This thing in Texas however, this is bizarre and it will be interesting how it plays out.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:42   #25
Kyobanim

Comon, look at the source http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/003439.html. Do you really think this guy has a souce worth a shit?

This is horse doodie. If something like this had happend msm would be all over it, at least fox would.

This is definately a 'move along, nothing to see here'.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:22   #26
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyobanim View Post
Comon, look at the source http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/003439.html. Do you really think this guy has a souce worth a shit?
I hear you, but actually some of those in this fray have brought things like the ACORN scandal to the forefront. Would you take Chris Matthews or Keith Obermans word over Diggers? At best I would put them on the same plain.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4292170/t...ty-on-lockdown

Laredo is apparently on 'Lockdown', The Laredo Mayor says they have had '12 killed'........but it is contained on the Mexican side and Laredo is a safe city.

Last edited by Paslode; 07-25-2010 at 13:19. Reason: URL Updated
Old 07-25-2010, 12:42   #27
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyobanim View Post

This is horse doodie. If something like this had happend msm would be all over it, at least fox would.

This is definately a 'move along, nothing to see here'.
Whoa there a minute partner..... the internet is your free source of information, this story is going viral and it seems there's some truth to it:

http://www.breitbart.tv/laredo-texas...rosses-border/

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...ss-from-texas/

I've got an idea, "HEY Ambush Master, there's a gunfight in your neck of the woods and no one invited you!" (There, we'll soon know if Laredo,Tx. is under siege or not!)
Old 07-25-2010, 12:57   #28
orion5
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I've got an idea, "HEY Ambush Master, there's a gunfight in your neck of the woods and no one invited you!" (There, we'll soon know if Laredo,Tx. is under siege or not!)
LOL, now you've gone and done it...

Actually, since he's jumping out of a plane today, may already have re-routed the pilot, oh, let's say a little south of the original DZ.
orion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 13:09   #29
akv
Area Commander

The Good Old Days?

IIRC one of the better lines from The Magnificent Seven comes from the bandit leader Calvera,

Quote:
Calvera: You'll do much better on the other side of the border. There you can steal cattle, hold up trains... all you have to face is sheriff, marshall. Once I rob a bank in Texas; your government get after me with a whole army... whole army! One little bank. Is clear the meaning: in Texas, only Texans can rob banks
Seriously though, life is stranger than fiction, it would seem hard to pass up for the MSM, but then I'm still baffled by the lack of immediate response to Nogales...
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 14:02   #30
incarcerated
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by akv View Post
it would seem hard to pass up for the MSM, but then I'm still baffled by the lack of immediate response to Nogales...
The Rio Grande river runs between Nuevo Laredo and Laredo, and is all that is separating the White House from the Nuevo Laredo shootout story. Any conspicuous coverage of the Cartel problem will damage the President’s Immigration Reform efforts and his prospects for acquiring 20 million+ new voters. He’s going to need them in two years. They would certainly offset his current poll numbers.

What is conspicuous is that MSNBC, The Laredo Morning Times, or any other news source, does not have an enterprising young reporter out on Mines Road, interviewing two ranch families about how there‘s nothing happening at their place as they live peacefully at the center of a growing internet hoax.

“We can trust our doctors to be professional, to minister equally to their patients without regard to their political or religious beliefs. But we can no longer trust our professors to do the same." --David Horowitz

Last edited by incarcerated; 07-27-2010 at 00:07.
incarcerated is offline   Reply With Quote