Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > TAPS

Old 11-16-2014, 01:14   #1
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

SGM Randy Tyson

Quote:
NICEVILLE, Fla. — Sgt Maj. Randy Eugene Tyson, US Army, age 55 of Niceville, Florida, formerly of Laurinburg and Fayetteville, passed away on Nov. 12, 2014 after a courageous battle with cancer.The Military Funeral Service will be 2 p.m. Wednesday at the East Laurinburg Baptist Church officiated by Rev. Richard Tyson. Burial will follow in Hillside Memorial Park.

Randy was born Feb. 23, 1959 in Scotland County, a loving son of the late Lenore Tillman "L.T." and Gladys Carter Tyson.

As a young man, his life goal was to serve in the military and was currently in his 31st year of service with the United States Army. His distinguished career began Oct. 30, 1980 that has involved positions in the Colombia Embassy, five tours of duty in Afghanistan and many other classified missions and special units.

For his service and bravery, Randy has been awarded honors including the Bronze Star Medal, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal and many more. He also earned a bachelor's degree in Business Administration.

Randy was a quiet, gentle man that believed in being trustworthy and responsible. He was a wonderful husband, father and grandfather, a great brother and a loyal soldier and friend. He enjoyed playing the guitar and truly loved spending time with his family and friends.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by sisters Mildred Tyson Dean and Pansy Tyson Blackwell.

Survivors are his wife, Carla Victoria Tyson of their home in Niceville, Florida; four sons, Randall "Derrick" Tyson and wife Stephanie of Laurinburg, Matthew Graig Tyson and wife Brittiany of Raleigh, Joshua Hunter Tyson of Columbia, South Carolina, Randy Diego and a daughter, Carla Isabella Tyson both of the home; three brothers, Marshall Tyson and wife Carlisa of Laurel Hill, Clarence Jefferson "C.J." Tyson and wife Ann of Laurel Hill, Richard Tyson and wife Angie of Laurinburg; three sisters, Norma Maultsby and husband John of Laurinburg, Sharon Tyson of Laurinburg and Carolyn Van Antwerp and husband Jim of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and seven grandchildren, Shane, Blake, Desiree, Kaylee, Ozzy Tyson of Laurinburg and Abram Matthew and Eli Jordan Tyson of Raleigh. He is also survived many nephews, nieces, cousins, friends and his fellow soldiers.
Visitation will be from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at Richard Boles Funeral Service.
The family requests in lieu of flowers that memorial donations be given in the Sgt. Maj. Tyson's memory to the Wounded Warrior Foundation.
Its time to take it easy SGM.

Thanks for the mentorship, friendship, and for giving me the distinct honor of being a part of your daily life and the privilege of caring for you after you become ill; I will miss our conversations. The example you set of seeing the mission through, the men cared for and never thinking twice about putting your career on the line for both shall not soon be forgotten in he FPD - you are already missed.

We are all better for having known you and instead of your passing, we will celebrate your life Wednesday.

See you in the assembly area at the right hand of The Throne SGM.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 11-16-2014 at 01:19.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:43   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
RIP Brother, Vaya con Dios..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:41   #3
Joker
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace Brother. DOL
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:32   #4
Sohei
Area Commander

Rest In Peace, SGM Tyson!

My sincerest condolences surgicalcric for the loss of your friend and mentor.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:16   #5
PRB
Quiet Professional

RIP SGM
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:35   #6
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

RIP SGM...it sure sounds like you were one hell of a man, friend and mentor. My condolences, Cric.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:57   #7
Pete
Quiet Professional

RIP Brother

RIP Brother
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:08   #8
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

RIP SGM
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:20   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I am sorry for your loss, James.

Rest in Peace, Sergeant Major.

Thank you for your service.

You will not be forgotten.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 13:38   #10
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Thoughts and Prayers out James.

Rest in Peace Brother.

Martin
Old 11-16-2014, 14:11   #11
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

RIP SGM. You hang in there, Crip.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 16:59   #12
nousdefions
Quiet Professional

Rest in God's Peace, Warrior

The land of the Free, because of the Brave
nousdefions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 17:45   #13
full cooler
Quiet Professional

Rest in peace Sergeant Major. Prayers out to family and friends.

I'm sorry for your loss James.

Mike
full cooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 23:07   #14
Elder
Asset

Rest in peace. Thank you for your service and the countless sacrifices made by you and your family.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:56   #15
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Rest in peace, Warrior. Thank you for your service and sacrifices.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote