Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 5th Special Forces Group

Old 04-04-2015, 07:52   #61
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehlu View Post
My name is Jackie Hong Lu With B-36 " 362 , 361 " during 1971 - 1973 Feb. would like to make contact with MTT - ST1 . 13 members while we was in Hue - Phu Bai - La Son, From Mar 23rd 1972 to Aug. 18th 1972 . and Jonny K. Berry, SFG, E7 with MACSOG 36A, or anyone that served at Long Hai Training Battation .......
Jackie, send me a PM with a pic. I was A362 medic in '71. Do you recall a Cambodian nurse (Kim Simone). She worked the hospital (North Compound). What about Kim Kin ("dirty old man") he was my interpreter and radio operator when we went on field ops?

Last edited by Trapper John; 04-04-2015 at 07:55.
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:44   #62
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Counterparts Dedication at ANC

https://plus.google.com/109238361998...CI_7rMeuoIqoSA

Just returned from spending the weekend at the ANC dedication ceremony for our Khmer, Hmong, Montagnard, & Cham counterparts in VN.

I learned a lot about the suffering the indig have endured since '75. Some of you may know Tommy Daniels. He founded a non-profit (Cambodia Corps, Inc.) that is doing some very good work to help. You can learn more at www.cambodiacorps.org

This dedication ceremony was sponsored by Counterparts, a non-profit organization that is working with our repatriated counterparts here in the U.S.

If you want more information send me a PM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plaque at living Memorial.jpg (130.3 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by Trapper John; 05-04-2015 at 13:48. Reason: Added Photo of Marker @ ANC
Old 05-27-2015, 08:01   #63
jackiehlu
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Jackie, send me a PM with a pic. I was A362 medic in '71. Do you recall a Cambodian nurse (Kim Simone). She worked the hospital (North Compound). What about Kim Kin ("dirty old man") he was my interpreter and radio operator when we went on field ops?
Hi ! John, how are you ? yes I remember her and your interpreter Kim Kin too,
also I am looking for 3 S.F. member with me rescue my 362 Chine Nung Recon team, we lost 3, one serious injury.also when we move in the area I lost My 361 Co. Thong A Duong. and two more wounded Nung, after we pull all the dead body out to the helicopter p/u zone. we went back for other search destroy mission.... we found N.V.A underground bunker " field hospital "
This is one of my painful memories.
How to send you a PM with my picture
jackiehlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:16   #64
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Hi ! John, how are you ? yes I remember her and your interpreter Kim Kin too,
also I am looking for 3 S.F. member with me rescue my 362 Chine Nung Recon team, we lost 3, one serious injury.also when we move in the area I lost My 361 Co. Thong A Duong. and two more wounded Nung, after we pull all the dead body out to the helicopter p/u zone. we went back for other search destroy mission.... we found N.V.A underground bunker " field hospital "
This is one of my painful memories.
How to send you a PM with my picture
Jackie- It is really good to hear from you!

The underground bunker you mentioned, was that north of Phuoc Tuy in a couple of hills off the coast? If so, I have a story about that. I think A362 and my Recon platoon (with Kim Kin) discovered that when we were watching sampans being unloaded one night.

I have pics of Kim Kin and Nungs to send you too. Also some pics from the Counterpart Veterans reunion the first of May too.

I hear Kim Simone married a Marine and is living in Illinois. I would love to find her and reconnect.

Best way to communicate and send pics (pdf files) is by email.

Much to catch up on so send me an email.

Damn it is good to hear from you.

Be well and be safe!

Last edited by Trapper John; 06-05-2015 at 10:49.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:22   #65
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Jackie -

Your story about the NVA bunker has got to be the same ones we found. I reported this and my suspicions late in '71 or very early '72. I later learned that this was a staging area, supply depot, and apparently a hospital used during the Easter offensive in '72.

It just pisses me off that good intel was not acted upon and many lost their lives as a result.

Nos Defions
Trapper John
Old 05-27-2015, 09:47   #66
jackiehlu
Asset

Quote:
Quote:
Jackie- It is really good to hear from you!

The underground bunker you mentioned, was that north of Phuoc Tuy in a couple of hills off the coast? If so, I have a story about that. I think A362 and my Recon platoon (with Kim Kin) discovered that when we were watching sampans being unloaded one night.

I have pics of Kim Kin and Nungs to send you too. Also some pics from the Counterpart Veterans reunion the first of May too.

I hear Kim Simone married a Marine and is living in Illinois. I would love to find her and reconnect.

Best way to communicate and send pics (pdf files) is by email. My email address is jim_thacker@therimunex.com

Much to catch up on so send me an email.

Damn it is good to hear from you.

Be well and be safe!
Thanks John ,

You too..... would like to hear more from you Take care
Old 05-29-2015, 05:19   #67
jackiehlu
Asset

Quote:
Thanks John ,

You too..... would like to hear more from you Take care
to jim_thacker
Hi! John, I should call you Jim or John? Thx for the pictures, We all getting old .....Lol. I know Colonel. Francis John Kelly, Sgt.Major, Larry Freeman S sgt. Davia Aleo they are R.I.P .... God Bless them all.
Sgt. Major, Hillmann, Johny K Berry " MACGOG 36A ", Newman c. Ruff, Master chief. Howard Francis Bryan,......and more.... Early 1965 trainning at Da Nang, 09 Jun 1965 Special Force Camp at Dong Xoai with CB Team 1104 after nearly 30 hours of individual evasive action in an active area. Body of SWF2 William C. Hoover team 1104, recovered from Dong Xoai. After action casualty reports showed 3 USASF, 2 Seabees and 43 CIDG " Chinese Nung " killed in action, 8 USASF, 7 Seabees and 22 CIDG wounded in action, 124 Civilian Irregular Defense Group soldiers missing. It was estimated that over 700 Viet Cong were killed by ground and air strikes. 126 V.C. bodies were found inside the compounds After all, I got promoted to Sgt. and transfer to CBPACDET/RVN/GUAM/THAI incharge Nung Security Force at Tan Son Nhut DET/HQ until late November 1970. MAGSOG 36A and B-36 end 02/18/1973.
3/23/1972 to 8/17/1972. with MTT/ST1 " 13 USASF in the team, at Hue/Phu Bai Comman by Major " PINO " C3-Bien Hoa
just some of my story to share with you.

Have a good day

Hong
Old 05-29-2015, 05:58   #68
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Thank you Jackie. I got your email and will respond this weekend. Sorry for the delay. Be well and be safe.

DOL
Old 06-05-2015, 06:48   #69
jackiehlu
Asset

362 Nung security company Co. Liet , 71-73 at Long Hai

Hi ! James,
Good morning, Thanks for the pictures, and I found out 362 Nung security company Co. Liet , 71-73 at Long Hai live very close to you,
La N. Liet : home add.also he was with me at CBPACDET/RVN/GUAM/THAI 68-70 @ Tan Son Nhut

Have a good day

jackiehlu, please send the personal information in a private message! Thanks, Team Sergeant
Old 06-16-2015, 15:50   #70
jackiehlu
Asset

Quote:
Thank you Jackie. I got your email and will respond this weekend. Sorry for the delay. Be well and be safe.

DOL

Hi ! John how are you, do you get my last message. I don't see the replay from email.
Jackiehlu
Old 06-17-2015, 05:54   #71
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Hi ! John how are you, do you get my last message. I don't see the replay from email.
Jackiehlu
I thought I did. I will check my archives. Give me a couple of days, I am traveling on business. Be well Jackie.
Old 06-17-2015, 22:11   #72
PSM
Area Commander

Anybody have comms with Joe Nelson (Fat Albert) lately? He and I were also members of an aviation forum and the last time I heard from him he'd had several strokes and lost short (or medium) term memory. He hasn't gotten back to me since then. It's been several months.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:45   #73
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Anybody have comms with Joe Nelson (Fat Albert) lately? He and I were also members of an aviation forum and the last time I heard from him he'd had several strokes and lost short (or medium) term memory. He hasn't gotten back to me since then. It's been several months.

Pat
I am really sorry to hear that, Pat. Send Dean Jarvis a PM, he may know something. Let us know if you learn anything please.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:17   #74
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
I am really sorry to hear that, Pat. Send Dean Jarvis a PM, he may know something. Let us know if you learn anything please.
Will do!

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:29   #75
jackiehlu
Asset

Quote:
I thought I did. I will check my archives. Give me a couple of days, I am traveling on business. Be well Jackie.
Thanks ! John . Have a safe trip ........